New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Pegula would clean house and Golisano would keep current management in place, and that may be impacting the decision of the Trust? Interesting.

I am sure that Mary Wilson has loyalties to many of the employees, some of whom have been with the Bills' organization for many years. If Golisano also has a strong stadium plan, I could see the Trust using this as a rationale for going with Golisano, even though the real reasons may be as stated above. It also would explain why the bidding process was extended, not because the Trust wanted any new bidder, but because the Trust wanted Golisano to bid.

Mary Owen, Russ Brandon, Jim Overdorf and others would all remain under Golisano. Mary Owen is one of the trustees. I dont know their feelings about Pegula, I just know they want Golisano. There are other factors. The banks and the NFL. The NFL wants this sale to be a starting point for future NFL sales. So does Golisano have the cash to bid around $1.2 billion?

Golisano also seems to have a legit stadium plan that includes a closed air stadium.

No offense, but this doesn't really shed any light as to why they would want Golisano over Pegula. Pegula is liquid for some serious cash, and the stadium thing isn't a requirement to keep the team in Buffalo. So are you speculating or do you have some inside knowledge that you can expand on? Your response to this was vague and doesn't clear up much of anything.

Mary Owen, Russ Brandon, Jim Overdorf and others would all remain under Golisano. Mary Owen is one of the trustees. I dont know their feelings about Pegula, I just know they want Golisano. There are other factors. The banks and the NFL. The NFL wants this sale to be a starting point for future NFL sales. So does Golisano have the cash to bid around $1.2 billion?

Golisano also seems to have a legit stadium plan that includes a closed air stadium.

That all makes sense. I hadn't really thought of it before but there is somewhat of a conflict of interest with Mary Owen, and Littman. I'm not blaming Ralph one bit, it's his team and his money. And this isn't a legal issue as other conflicts of interest are. But Mary Owen and Littman probably want to keep their jobs. Mary Wilson probably wants all of Ralph's cronies she has come to know well keep their jobs. That has to play into this, and perhaps in a big way. If Golisano is promising they all stay, that could give him a huge edge with them if bids are close.

A guy like Pegula is not going to want to be told who he must keep if he is paying 1+ billion dollars for a company. I'm sure there is an agreement that could be made. But TG could have a strong advantage with the trust if the bids are close. I have heard from a reliable source that the trust very much likes Pegula and wants him to win this. But that could be out of the three remaining bidders. If TG is in it, they could prefer him for the reasons above. That may be why the Trust wants him back in. Morgan Stanley too would want that as it may up the price.

No offense, but this doesn't really shed any light as to why they would want Golisano over Pegula. Pegula is liquid for some serious cash, and the stadium thing isn't a requirement to keep the team in Buffalo. So are you speculating or do you have some inside knowledge that you can expand on? Your response to this was vague and doesn't clear up much of anything.

All I was told is Mary Wilson and Mary Owen prefer Golisano. The person I spoke to was a local media member. I dont know how they feel about Pegula. I will speculate though that they dont know him very well and probably want to get to know him better.

Fer criminey sakes. How the f old is Littman anyway? He's guaranteed a job for life? Why? If Mary Mary Quite Contrary wants to, she could gift him a few dozen million dollars out of the $1.3b she stands to get from the sale... just out of pity. That's not a salient argument for swinging toward TG, IMHO. But then again, whadda I know? I'm an idiot™.

@thadbrown7: Per @nypost Golisano still gonna bid. Wilson Trust wants competition to drive up $$.Will allow late entry #billsmafia http://t.co/cJcRzV54f1

I know the article was already posted, but thought the media comment was interesting about why he thinks the bid happened.

Great so when 40 year old Monica Seles kills him in bed she will the owner. I wonder if she will move them to Prague. :doh:

Seems like Mary and co. are showing their greedy heads. The bids were set at a closed deadline. Now the rules are changed to sqeeze more money out of anybody....Toronto,BonJovi. This seems to show that Mary could give a rats azz who buys the team. The nfl (Goodell ) has given Jovi more than enough help,private lunches, somehow the bidding rules change. The private Bon Jovi party ,post hall of fame game. All to help Jovi win over more nfl owners and exc. Pegula will have to put out a can`t be touched bid and hope the owners approve. It`s not even close to being over. Thanks Money grubbing Mary and co.

Seems like Mary and co. are showing their greedy heads. The bids were set at a closed deadline. Now the rules are changed to sqeeze more money out of anybody....Toronto,BonJovi. This seems to show that Mary could give a rats azz who buys the team. The nfl (Goodell ) has given Jovi more than enough help,private lunches, somehow the bidding rules change. The private Bon Jovi party ,post hall of fame game. All to help Jovi win over more nfl owners and exc. Pegula will have to put out a can`t be touched bid and hope the owners approve. It`s not even close to being over. Thanks Money grubbing Mary and co.

I could be mistaken, although it wouldn't be by a lot, but I'm pretty damn sure that every single sentence in that paragraph is wrong. ;)

I could be mistaken, although it wouldn't be by a lot, but I'm pretty damn sure that every single sentence in that paragraph is wrong. ;)

Every single word of that is massively incorrect.

I'm almost certain that every bidder knew it was a soft deadline, and I'm 100% sure that the best bidder will win.

Dude....

We`ll see Pup.

It was never a closed deadline. Mary is not at all trying to get the most money and in fact, the rules of the Trust (and the lease signed by Ralph) are precisely what is keeping all of the big money away. The NFL has little to nothing to do with this particular process right now. They are not doing everything they can to let Bon Jovi win, and in fact their rules are the thing that keeps him from having any chance to win. He's performing at a party of Michael Strahan, because he's a huge Giants fan and knows MS.

No, always been a soft deadline. Mary Wilson has one goal, set the Bills up to remain in Buffalo for a long time. The banks are trying to find the best price that meet what Mary Wilson is looking for. Bon Jovi is more into the NFL then the NFL is into Bon Jovi. He is a celebrity that knows a lot of people. Thats where it ends.Bon Jovi as an owner does nothing for the NFL. Its not gong to bring in more fans or sell more TV deals. The Toronto market is not the NFL's goal.

There are still so many unknowns about this process, the price of bids, timelines, etc. One thing I'd expect with the advent of new ownership is new senior management. The Buffalo Bills franchise cannot move forward without new leadership at OBD.

That said, today is a day to celebrate Bills history. The process needs to play out and it will in due time.

There are still so many unknowns about this process, the price of bids, timelines, etc. One thing I'd expect with the advent of new ownership is new senior management. The Buffalo Bills franchise cannot move forward without new leadership at OBD.

That said, today is a day to celebrate Bills history. The process needs to play out and it will in due time.

The new senior management is probably what is holding this up. The trust, since it is composed of two members of senior management and a third who is very, very close and friendly with senior management, surely wants senior management to stay in place.