EJ looked calm and in control..

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it's kinda funny... trolling gets you a moderator badge.... satirizing/calling out trolls gets you a warning message.

I'm sure me complaining about it publicly will go well also. But hey, whatever, life or something.

I got pulled to the side and talked to by a mod this last week.....but I considered it more of a friendly lookout because this time last year I was going after "realists" very hard...perhaps too hard. I dont plan on doing that this year....but still sometimes hard to hold back when "realists" can post whatever they want because its "their opinion"

Sometimes I feel that they post it simply to get a response.......so I try not to take the hook and bait too hard when they do anymore.

I got pulled to the side and talked to by a mod this last week.....but I considered it more of a friendly lookout because this time last year I was going after "realists" very hard...perhaps too hard. I dont plan on doing that this year....but still sometimes hard to hold back when "realists" can post whatever they want because its "their opinion"

Sometimes I feel that they post it simply to get a response.......so I try not to take the hook and bait too hard when they do anymore.

Yup. I'll just work hard to ignore the... uh... extreme opinions, since responding to them gets you in trouble... not the initial having them. Especially if it's a moderator working people up. heh

I just think it's kinda funny... trolling gets you a moderator badge.... satirizing/calling out trolls gets you a warning message.

I'm sure me complaining about it publicly will go well also. But hey, whatever, life or something.

I have yet to see satire that is funny or constructive. Not necessarily from you but any poster on here.

If you think, "Yeah! Cut EJ and trade for Skelton lolomgrofl!" counts as quality satire, I would ban you. Immediately. Alas, I am no mod.

Hey, what did I do? lol

no way chandler can make that catch. unless he has world class sprinter speed. go back and watch the pass. ej is throwing to a spot and I do applaud the fact that he tries to lead chandler. great idea and the right pass. just poor execution. the throw wasn't on the money. chandler is not making that play. it would have taken a full extension, diving effort. I'm not even sure that any of our receivers make that play.

I really liked the play call and the positioning of both the pass and Chandler. I think the issue is that Chandler hasn't been around, so the timing is a little off. We'll run route, well placed ball. Just poor timing is all. Hopefully that gets worked out the next few weeks.

no way chandler can make that catch. unless he has world class sprinter speed. go back and watch the pass. ej is throwing to a spot and I do applaud the fact that he tries to lead chandler. great idea and the right pass. just poor execution. the throw wasn't on the money. chandler is not making that play. it would have taken a full extension, diving effort. I'm not even sure that any of our receivers make that play.

Im sorry but that is horse pucky

This is WHY you have a TE on the field is to catch anything that hits their hands....and that ball DID hit his hands.

Would it have been a easy catch? No.....but since Chandler cant block worth a crap he needs to come up with those kinds of catches

Bado I am gonna say this works both ways.....when negative posters give their opinions then call themselves "realists" then criticize others as "fanboys" or "apologists" or "cheerleaders'

We dont like those labels either

I'd agree with that. I don't use the "fanboy" "kool aid drinker" terms(although some people have outright adopted the kool aid term as their identity for some reason)..... but those are rather soft, innocuous terms.

That is different than trying to explain someone's opinion with a personal shot at their upbringing/family.

That's where a disagreement turns into a fight.

The proper designation for "hater" is "critic". I have no problem with being called a critic of the Bills. They've earned it.

Apologist is the term I use for "defenders" of the team and the reason I use it instead of "defenders" is because it is more accurately descriptive. "Defender" implies that it is deserved, which is not accurate.

An apologist is "someone who supports a controversial position". And it is controversial because the Bills have been bad and have EARNED the serious doubt and skepticism they are viewed with.

You can say the past doesn't matter....but in a game where score is kept it most certainly does.

I do understand WHY such bile for fellow fans emerges from people here who do not like to hear negative takes on the team.........it's because the evidence so often is very much against the apologist take.

That leads to frustration and the blow ups we see here.

I don't have any hate for anyone here. I'm sorry if it came across that way, wasn't my intention.

However my opinion of the EJ "haters" is just as valid as as those who have an opinion on EJ. It's not my responsibility to call anyone out and I also gave my opinion on the fans with "blind hope", not sure why my thoughts offend you so much.

I've been coming to this site since the day we drafted Nate Clements, I've been thru the Holcomb, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick debacles and it's always the same thing, this is nothing new and I'm not going to another message board. I'm as loyal to TSW as I am to the Bills themselves. I don't have to curtail my opinions on posters just like posters don't have to curtail their opinions on players. There will always be people that would rather be right than anything else, people on BOTH sides of the fence and I'm not infallible to this either.

There are some great contributors on this board- Yolo, SJBF, NoSaint, BBF, Jboyst, Ryan and Bill appear right off the top of my head who are able to add something in a mostly pragmatic way.

Some posters- JMO, DCTom, Chef and BB off the top of my head add something in the way of humor and levity to this site.

And then you have the agenda seekers- I won't name names because I don't want to offend or call people out that detract from TSW. IMO They detract because every post is the same thing- it's boring. There used to be a rule around here against crusades, I guess that went by the waist side when EJ was drafted. Wonder why? Either way, it's disappointing to see people who have been here for years, some now even mods, that have been here through the other crusaders and detractors now doing it themselves. But it is what it is, and I'm not going anywhere but when I see people with agendas if I feel like calling them out I will. Doesn't mean I'm angry or that I hate the poster themself, it just means I'm joining in on "The airing of grievances".

I don't post much, but I lurk a few times a day. I agree with this post.

However...went by the waist side ?? Is that one of those mangled phrases that TBD posters do on purpose? Is there a list of such phrases?

I don't post much, but I lurk a few times a day. I agree with this post.

However...went by the waist side ?? Is that one of those mangled phrases that TBD posters do on purpose? Is there a list of such phrases?

Actually it wasn't on purpose. Didn't notice it until you just pointed that out, unfortunately posting from my phone leaves me vulnerable to autocorrect. Should've seen that.

Actually it wasn't on purpose. Didn't notice it until you just pointed that out, unfortunately posting from my phone leaves me vulnerable to autocorrect. Should've seen that.

This is an acceptable explanation, especially given your history. You shall not have your mistake inducted into the TBDism thread.

I'd agree with that. I don't use the "fanboy" "kool aid drinker" terms(although some people have outright adopted the kool aid term as their identity for some reason)..... but those are rather soft, innocuous terms.

That is different than trying to explain someone's opinion with a personal shot at their upbringing/family.

That's where a disagreement turns into a fight.

The proper designation for "hater" is "critic". I have no problem with being called a critic of the Bills. They've earned it.

Apologist is the term I use for "defenders" of the team and the reason I use it instead of "defenders" is because it is more accurately descriptive. "Defender" implies that it is deserved, which is not accurate.

An apologist is "someone who supports a controversial position". And it is controversial because the Bills have been bad and have EARNED the serious doubt and skepticism they are viewed with.

You can say the past doesn't matter....but in a game where score is kept it most certainly does.

I do understand WHY such bile for fellow fans emerges from people here who do not like to hear negative takes on the team.........it's because the evidence so often is very much against the apologist take.

That leads to frustration and the blow ups we see here.

I like my opinions too.

I also like how you've taken it upon yourself to dole out factual names to each group.

Edited by Joe Miner