Fred Jackson signs contract extension

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that this Bills FO makes it a priority to reward and extend our good players and leaders. This basically makes Jackson a Bill for life and gives him some options on retirement.

WRT Spiller...

He has been very vocal that he has been seeking contract advice from Byrd. I've never gotten the feeling that he's bought into being a Bill. The majority of his social media posts are about Clemson still. He most likely values himself much higher than the NFL values RBs right now. I dont think it's likely he re-signs here.

I believe that Whaley will make him a fair offer, but if he leaves, then so be it. RBs are a 2nd round position nowadays. And Im excited to see how Brown works out.

Very vocal about seeking advice from Byrd? Wasn't this just one comment he made? I haven't heard him mention it since then. Don't know that makes home "very vocal" about it.

Fred extending one year has no relevance to Spiller. If spiller has another year like 2012, then trust me he will be a priority resign regardless of Freds deal. The only thing that will determine Spillers resigning is how he plays this year and what he asks for in terms of money.

Most importantly, Fred has been injury prone for last few years. There is no guarantee he even plays 16 games combined these next 2 seasons let alone remain a major part of the offense both seasons.

Spillers fate isn't tied to him.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I was going to quote quite a few of you but it might be easier to say this and toss the sidebars out .

This is ALL about Fred Jackson. Has nothing to do with CJ Spiller. there .Let him get his own damned thread : )

Its Freds day

Now.

Way to go Buffalo !!

I am more proud to be a Fan today than i was yesterday. This is just the right thing to do in every way imaginable . i was very surprised to read this at work today. but more delighted than any other emotion.

Just fantabulous indeed !

I love Fred and I love these damnable Bills.

I am just giddy over here right now.

Well said , all you folks who are as pleased as i am :worthy: . :thumbsup::P:);)

Fred's career isn't fully written yet. He could still be Super Bowl MVP. :D

That story would straight LEGENDARY - Kurt Warner'esque, with the cherry that he helped get the Bills over that hump. Here's to hoping... :beer:

That story would straight LEGENDARY - Kurt Warner'esque, with the cherry that he helped get the Bills over that hump. Here's to hoping... :beer:

...and these are the feelings that keep me coming back for more! Go FJ!!!

Jerry Hughes should be next. I think he is going to have a monster year. Sign him now before his price goes through the roof next year.

Agreed.

Congratulations to Freddy, and kudos to the Bills front office for doing this.

Now let's give a contract extension to Jerry Hughes.

@CJSPILLER 1h

Huge congrats to my bruh bruh @Fred22Jackson on the extension he's been nothing but a pro since I been here both on n off the field

@Fred22Jackson 1m

.@CJSPILLER let's get urs done! Keep that 22-28 combo Rolling!!

Cool. FJ wants little brother by his side. Fred X Billieves!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

@CJSPILLER 1h

Huge congrats to my bruh bruh @Fred22Jackson on the extension he's been nothing but a pro since I been here both on n off the field

@Fred22Jackson 1m

Like it

Classy ---

@jairusbyrd: Big congrats to @Fred22Jackson on his new extension!

What a jerk. Clearly hates all things buffalo :)

i am really happy about this. fred jackson is the first example i use as an athlete that does things the right way on and off the field. great teammate, great man. congrats fred, and thank you for all you do!

@CJSPILLER 1h

@Fred22Jackson 1m

how can you not love this attitude?

i am really happy about this. fred jackson is the first example i use as an athlete that does things the right way on and off the field. great teammate, great man. congrats fred, and thank you for all you do!

how can you not love this attitude?

how can you not ? agreed

See: Bryce Brown's carries

I have no idea why so many on this board think think so highly of the 4th string RB back there with Ronnie Wingo. http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart.html

I'm not entirely sold on Mr Fumble just yet, or if he were worth a darn why Chip would even trade him away....even if the iggles did manage to garner a 3rd, 4th for a 7th round pick.

Anyway, I'm very happy the Bills made Fredex happy.

I'm just sayin', this is total conjecture, I'm just sayin', but this is strange timing by the front office, and really something Terry Pegula would do.

I'm just sayin.'

Unless, I guess one could argue, that Russ Brandon knows he's on his way out and wanted to do a little something for Fred for his service all these years. My money is on Brandon staying in his job though.

I completely agree with this post except for the last sentence.