Fred Jackson signs contract extension

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Looks like a good deal for both sides. I wouldn't be surprised to see Spiller leave, but I don't think this means much in that regard. A 1-year extension at not-very-expensive money doesn't exactly lock down the position forever. Now if Bryce Brown was given a new contract, I think that would all but guarantee that Spiller's gone.

If this affects a deal with Spiller, I hate it. I do love some Fred Jackson, but man, we traded a top 5 back once, and if we lose spiller we'll probably see him excel elsewhere (maybe not top 5).

Spiller has the potential to be great. Not so sure about his heart. Glad to have him on our team, but if we could get that 1st rounder back, I'd take it in a heartbeat. The reality is though that nobody will give up a number 1 for him.

But, he retires after only one season in Madden franchise mode! :nana:

Seriously though, I am glad he will be here until the end of the road for him...he deserves to retire a Buffalo Bill, and soon after have his number put on "The Wall."

Agree 100%...the role of Spiller and Fred (and Brown and Dixon) for that matter will be completely different. The Bills backfield will look like the Saints when Marrone was there. They had a bunch of guys that brought different skills. It may look like the Earth, Wind and Fire backfield that the Giants had a few years back.

I love this. And Fred is not that old in football years. Pay the man.