Fred Jackson signs contract extension

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad but 100% true.

I hope you don't think that I am stalking you on this issue. Spiller has been our most dynamic player on offense since he has arrived. No one has broken more big plays than he has. Last year he played most of the season with a bad ankle. He also ran behind a very mediocre OL.

It's apparent to me that the both of us have different perspectives when we watch the games. When Spiller gets room to run he is not only one of the best offensive players on the team but also in the league. In the NFL there are very few legitimate playmakers. In my opinion he is one of them. Those are the types of players in which you should do everything you can to place them in position to make game changing plays for you. With a little better OL play and with an improving qb play I'm confident that you will reluctantly come around to my thinking.

P.S. Gilmore is going to demonstrate to skeptical you that he is an elite caliber DB. Trust me on this Bill. I will not lead you astray. :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnC

If Pegula buys the team he will ABSOLUTELY be back. I think that there is a decent chance that he ends up overseeing both teams but certainly the Bills.

Jeez Kirby, thanks for ruining my excitement of TP owning the Bills. Here my thinking that its all good, should the team win this season, then great! Should the team lose then the Bills get a new coaching staff / FO.

Now that won't happen, will it :cry:.

Oh well, cheers to Freddy!

Jeez Kirby, thanks for ruining my excitement of TP owning the Bills. Here my thinking that its all good, should the team win this season, then great! Should the team lose then the Bills get a new coaching staff / FO.

The league wants RB in charge. Prospective groups know this. He is very well respected around the league. They were like the 20th most profitable team in that market with that stadium. He is REALLY good at what he does. I know people are hesitant about him but he will be around (maybe not with the same level of decision making). He has been the de facto owner for the last 18 months. He will return more to a CEO role.

I am really happy about Freddy. He is one of my favorite Bills ever and arguably my favorite since the Super Bowl teams. Hopefully, he will get a chance to taste success in the near future.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's really hard to say what Pegula would do. Chances are very good that Brandon would remain in his job simply because he is very, very good at his job, as long as he stays away from football decisions.

I'm curious as to whether or not guys like Littman stay. I would hope not but that is tough to say. Littman was, of course, carrying out Ralph's wishes as a good soldier. If he is carrying out Terry's wishes, he may not be a spendthrift at all.

I would hope, however, that Pegula would bring in a young, rising star in the salary cap world, and then give more authority to Whaley, whom I expect to keep his job, too. Most anyone who has been closely following the Bills for years, and Pegula is one of them, can see the difference in the team building. (That said, Whaley's one issue from me is the QB position, which is the most important position. I wasn't against the EJ pick but the Kolb choice and then not bringing in a veteran back-up is a little worrisome).

If Marrone wins, he likely stays. The funny thing to me is looking at recent history, it's impossible to know where Pegula's head is at on Marrone and Whaley. If you look at it one way, when he came into the Sabres job, he was loyal to the guys here, and he kept the management intact, which is not normally the case. So one could say that he could easily do that again, especially if they do decent this year.

On the other hand, you could look at that same scenario and say keeping Lindy and Darcy backfired tragically right in his face, so this time he will do it differently.

It will be interesting to see. This is year two of Whaley and Marrone. We will see what happens. All bets are off after the season, but to me, unless EJ sucks and the team collapses, they will be given a third year even with the new ownership.

The league wants RB in charge. Prospective groups know this. He is very well respected around the league. They were like the 20th most profitable team in that market with that stadium. He is REALLY good at what he does. I know people are hesitant about him but he will be around (maybe not with the same level of decision making). He has been the de facto owner for the last 18 months. He will return more to a CEO role.

I am really happy about Freddy. He is one of my favorite Bills ever and arguably my favorite since the Super Bowl teams. Hopefully, he will get a chance to taste success in the near future.

seems like a no-brainer to me that pegula would keep Brandon in his role. He needs someone in that position if he is going to own two professional sports teams.

seems like a no-brainer to me that pegula would keep Brandon in his role. He needs someone in that position if he is going to own two professional sports teams.

I am pretty confident in that. I doubt Littman stays. Usually people put their own money people in a high profile role. They combined the groups down here when Benson bought the Pelicans. My guess (this parts a guess) is that RB would oversee the business side on both fronts.

Means nothing to Spiller IMO

The Bills are finally in the business of signing good football players. If they can get a deal done with Spiller (who doesn't have an agent right now), they will

Means nothing to Spiller IMO

The Bills are finally in the business of signing good football players. If they can get a deal done with Spiller (who doesn't have an agent right now), they will

Agree 100% this has zero to do with Spiller. Good for FredEx. One of my favorite Bills ever.

Not to hijack Freddy's thread. I get that both Brandon and even Littman have been brilliant in their jobs in making money for Mr Wilson in such a small market. But that is because of such a rabid fan base who were terrified of the team leaving the city should something happen to the owner. That something has happened, and with a new owner devoted to this city like the Pegula family currently is, will fans keep supporting an inferior product should the new owner retain the exact status quo in every regard? Will the fans keep tolerating all the losing? I can recall the 70's & 80's when the fans wouldn't tolerate the constant losing, and refused to buy tickets.

Then what happens when you have an owner who wants to go balls to the wall and spend every cent he has available to build a winner, and then what happens when the team doesn't win? Didn't Pegula already screw himself with bad management choices with the Sabres?

Perhaps I'm being greedy, but I want to see the Bills get an owner that will keep the team in Buffalo, and build a winner asap should the current regime fail again this season.

Cheers Freddy! :thumbsup:

Not to hijack Freddy's thread. I get that both Brandon and even Littman have been brilliant in their jobs in making money for Mr Wilson in such a small market. But that is because of such a rabid fan base who were terrified of the team leaving the city should something happen to the owner. That something has happened, and with a new owner devoted to this city like the Pegula family currently is, will fans keep supporting an inferior product should the new owner retain the exact status quo in every regard? Will the fans keep tolerating all the losing? I can recall the 70's & 80's when the fans wouldn't tolerate the constant losing, and refused to buy tickets.

Then what happens when you have an owner who wants to go balls to the wall and spend every cent he has available to build a winner, and then what happens when the team doesn't win? Didn't Pegula already screw himself with bad management choices with the Sabres?

Perhaps I'm being greedy, but I want to see the Bills get an owner that will keep the team in Buffalo, and build a winner asap should the current regime fail again this season.

Cheers Freddy! :thumbsup:

It's a little different. Everyone knew that Darcy was incompetent. RB has a really strong reputation and is very, very good at his job. He will be around.

Onto Freddy, I wonder of next year will behind last or if he will have another 1 year deal in him? He does not have many carries for a guy his age.

well. Freddy's only got 8 years in the league and the first 2 years he only touched the ball 58 times.

Just sayin.

Just about that same as CJ's first two years, lol

well. Freddy's only got 8 years in the league and the first 2 years he only touched the ball 58 times.

Just sayin.

We're not trading CJ. We are going run and gun this year and will likely have to run much more than gun and an injury or three along the way could doom us. We're solid at rb and questionable at qb so CJ, ain't goin anywhere.

It's really hard to say what Pegula would do. Chances are very good that Brandon would remain in his job simply because he is very, very good at his job, as long as he stays away from football decisions.

I'm curious as to whether or not guys like Littman stay. I would hope not but that is tough to say. Littman was, of course, carrying out Ralph's wishes as a good soldier. If he is carrying out Terry's wishes, he may not be a spendthrift at all.

I would hope, however, that Pegula would bring in a young, rising star in the salary cap world, and then give more authority to Whaley, whom I expect to keep his job, too. Most anyone who has been closely following the Bills for years, and Pegula is one of them, can see the difference in the team building. (That said, Whaley's one issue from me is the QB position, which is the most important position. I wasn't against the EJ pick but the Kolb choice and then not bringing in a veteran back-up is a little worrisome).

If Marrone wins, he likely stays. The funny thing to me is looking at recent history, it's impossible to know where Pegula's head is at on Marrone and Whaley. If you look at it one way, when he came into the Sabres job, he was loyal to the guys here, and he kept the management intact, which is not normally the case. So one could say that he could easily do that again, especially if they do decent this year.

On the other hand, you could look at that same scenario and say keeping Lindy and Darcy backfired tragically right in his face, so this time he will do it differently.

It will be interesting to see. This is year two of Whaley and Marrone. We will see what happens. All bets are off after the season, but to me, unless EJ sucks and the team collapses, they will be given a third year even with the new ownership.

It's hilarious that your are worried that Brandon is making football decisions. The cranks in Sabrespace accuse Pegula of making hockey decisions.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It's hilarious that your are worried that Brandon is making football decisions. The cranks in Sabrespace accuse Pegula of making hockey decisions.

I'm not. I said as long as he is not making them, and he is not making them now. He fired himself from the GM job because he knew he was in over his head. That was one of the moves that made me respect him even more. He's great at what he is, a PR guy, a great marketer, and a CEO. Terrific. He has no background, credentials or business making football decisions.

Fred is the kind of guy I see involved with the team long after his career is over. Maybe in a professional (paid) capacity, maybe not. But at least visible and involved, much like many of our early 90s stars today.

yeah. Well, CJ wasn't a guy from NFL Europe and the practice squad who was an UDFA and already in his late 20s.

No more CJ talk. I brought it up again. I know. I don't want to get into more battles about weather he's good or not. We all know where I stand on that. I was simply along note that it doesn't bode well for him. Of course some can make an argument that it means nothing in CJs deal. That's fine. I'm done with the CJ side now.

Congrats Freddy. I hope one day he is our SuperBowl MVP.

And make no mistake about it, he will be in the Wall of Fame some day.

Fred is the kind of guy I see involved with the team long after his career is over. Maybe in a professional (paid) capacity, maybe not. But at least visible and involved, much like many of our early 90s stars today.

If El Pegual wins this is a guarantee!