Cordy Glenn not participating to start camp

Ha ha. You're late to the party.

Emoulds was damned to hell and almost banned for life

But now everyone loves him or her and wishes him or her a good prosperous life with many hot women at his or her side (if he or she likes that sort of stuff)

Haha. Getting through all the posts on my phone is tough. I either have to go through them all and then comment, or see one that I want to comment on and hope that whatever I'm saying isn't dated already. Always a tough call!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel that famous people should have no holds barred when it comes to issues effecting their jobs.

I get where you're coming from, but I think of it like this: they have to put up with the paparazzi, but they don't have to come into the studio for a portrait. We can look and speculate from the outside (and reasonably so), but we're not entitled to tax returns and medical reports like they're running for office. If it's not football related, it's private information and up to them to determine what they want to release. Just one guys opinion... And it won't stop the media from trying!

I get where you're coming from, but I think of it like this: they have to put up with the paparazzi, but they don't have to come into the studio for a portrait. We can look and speculate from the outside (and reasonably so), but we're not entitled to tax returns and medical reports like they're running for office. If it's not football related, it's private information and up to them to determine what they want to release. Just one guys opinion... And it won't stop the media from trying!

i agree with your take on it. Just because they have to deal with it doesn't mean they have to advertise it. Bit at the end of the day it does effect his job so it should probably be public knowledge. Think about it, it's even a written rule in the NFL to disclose injuries on the injury report or you get fined. We have seen that on the Bills before. But your right, it doesn't matter, the media won't let it slide. Maybe if it was Erik Pears nobody would care, but Glenn is looking like one of the best up and coming LTs in the league. They won't let it go without digging.

Its obviously not football related and odds are he is going through some tests and they don't know exactly what is going on so there is no reason for Whaley to give out any information at this time.

Bingo. Although they may have a differential diagnosis, I doubt Cordy's doctors even know exactly what is wrong with him. Making these diagnoses is not as clear cut as people think, especially in a young person. If they've focused on his kidneys, he may need a biopsy for more answers, which takes time. I think if anyone is worried about being left in the dark, it's probably Cordy himself.

Ha ha. You're late to the party.

Emoulds was damned to hell and almost banned for life

But now everyone loves him or her and wishes him or her a good prosperous life with many hot women at his or her side (if he or she likes that sort of stuff)

LOL!!

I don't even know what happened to make the tide turn?

Think about it, it's even a written rule in the NFL to disclose injuries on the injury report or you get fined.

That's why the Pat's skirt the issue with vague "lower leg" comments. Not sprained MCL or high ankle sprain. No one wants to give up too much, and the Pat's probably get away with giving up too little. But the bottom line is if it's not a football injury, no comment is required. While it's aggravating from a fan perspective, it's probably better for the player and the team that way. I'd rather win than know all the dirty details. I think we now have a front office we can trust and I'll let them do their jobs. I don't think they need my help or I deserve to know every detail (despite my curiosity).

Edited by Augie

You know, I saw this come through on my phone a couple days ago, and started to flip out. Then after I minute, I said it's probably nothing.

Then today I come to TBD and have you guys scare the crap out of me.

Privacy is privacy but I would love to know wtf is going on.

Edited by What a Tuel

yup. This'll be good to get the rookies in there and get their reps.

personally , I think half the starters should be sick for the first week of camp. they already know what the deal is , but the new guys don't ... then the starters go down week 13 and we have no backups

The blatant disregard many posters have shown for HIPAA in this thread and the Chris Hairston thread makes me uneasy.

"No one should know MY health information because that's private. BUT HE'S FAMOUS SO I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING."

That's....not how health information privacy works.

The blatant disregard many posters have shown for HIPAA in this thread and the Chris Hairston thread makes me uneasy.

"No one should know MY health information because that's private. BUT HE'S FAMOUS SO I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING."

I fully agree. It would be a jerk move to make up some **** about why he is out, it would be a much bigger jerk move to disclose a real private health issue.

Bingo. Although they may have a differential diagnosis, I doubt Cordy's doctors even know exactly what is wrong with him. Making these diagnoses is not as clear cut as people think, especially in a young person. If they've focused on his kidneys, he may need a biopsy for more answers, which takes time. I think if anyone is worried about being left in the dark, it's probably Cordy himself.

No kidding. This is probably a terrifying experience for the guy.

I'll trust Kirby's source on this until I hear something from the team that contradicts it. At this point he could be back any day. I don't think the team should provide any detailed information on the illness. Only his playing status.

Well where the hell is kirby? He hasnt commented on this since Whaleys press conference and Murphys report that there is something really wrong---which has totally debunked his "its nothing" discovery the other day when emoulds laid out his suspicion.

I like kirby and do take him at his word and still hope this is nothing.....but.....kirby!!!??

Well where the hell is kirby? He hasnt commented on this since Whaleys press conference and Murphys report that there is something really wrong---which has totally debunked his "its nothing" discovery the other day when emoulds laid out his suspicion.

I like kirby and do take him at his word and still hope this is nothing.....but.....kirby!!!??

i didn't see Murphy's report, was that on his radio show? Whaley's PC didn't seem to say anything other than he was day to day and didn't think it would threaten his season. But I didn't listen to it, just saw quotes.

Glenn will be fine; nothing has changed. I do not know if there was originally a scare or what the case may be but it has since been resolved.