Cordy Glenn not participating to start camp

I like and can relate to this post.

I also would like to point out that this is a very big part of the reason that I (and I think many others) was against the Watkins trade. We have already lost one of our top 3 players imo, and maybe two (btw Mario would round out my top 3), and the preseason has not even started. Will Kiko ever be 100%? Thankfully medicine has advanced, but Spikes went from hall of fame level to average. If Glenn is very sick, how do we replace one of the best draft selections the Bills ever made?

If the injuries mount and the Bills tank, how good will Watkins have to be for this to be a beneficial deal for our beloved franchise? And what will become of those who made this trade?

Just something to think about.

Spikes snapped his Achilles - very, very different from an ACL. But I hear you.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. If Glenn is very sick, how do we replace one of the best draft selections the Bills ever made?

Seantrel Henderson, I think he is the steal of the draft. He has a chance of being way better than Glenn. This is his time too prove to the Team he has changed and can play.

Seantrel Henderson, I think he is the steal of the draft. He has a chance of being way better than Glenn. This is his time too prove to the Team he has changed and can play.

He might grow into a great player eventually, but the idea of him being out there for week 1 in Chicago is not even close to comforting.

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow 2m

With Cordy Glenn sidelined, #Bills GM Doug Whaley says 7th round pick Seantrel Henderson enters camp as the starter at LT @66_Henderson

Well that sounds encouraging.

Yeah I don't get that either as I would think Hairston would be ahead of him at least to start camp.

I guess Cyrus Kouandjio is strictly a RT bc I would hv thought worst case scenario with Glenn that he would move to the left side

I think Hairston is moving to guard IF he even makes the team.

He might grow into a great player eventually, but the idea of him being out there for week 1 in Chicago is not even close to comforting.

No its not . two new guys on the left , potentially on on the right.

I hope both Glenn and Branch get healthy asap

http://www.buffalobi...ab-493d181358da

Sounds like they're not ruling out that this could be a season ending injury--I really hope they're not leaking this info out slowly to get us used to the idea of missing Cordy for the year before announcing it.....

These are the same quotes we had from Friday. CB just consolidated them to an article.

Have they even said what's wrong with Branch? We really need him especially if/when Dareus gets suspended.

In the link MattM provided, CB had a quote from Whaley on Branch. The Bills can't disclose health details though on "illnesses". Edited by YoloinOhio

Wrong. HIPAA only applies to healthcare workers discussing patients in their care. Random laypersons discussing another persons health problems is not a violation of HIPAA. That said, we do not know how EMoulds is involved in Cordy's healthcare, considering he is the only one with concrete information here.

I work for a drug chain and have to say you are way off. We were all required to go through HIPAA training and refresher courses every year. If I so much as see a bottle of a customers perscription on the floor and dont dispose of it propperly and fill out the propper paperwork I am scrwed.If a patient so much as thinks I spread a rumor about their reason for taking a tylenol I can be sued. The powers to be cannot devulge any info about anyone under their care unless there is written permission to do so. They are playing this under the law.

I work for a drug chain and have to say you are way off. We were all required to go through HIPAA training and refresher courses every year. If I so much as see a bottle of a customers perscription on the floor and dont dispose of it propperly and fill out the propper paperwork I am scrwed.If a patient so much as thinks I spread a rumor about their reason for taking a tylenol I can be sued. The powers to be cannot devulge any info about anyone under their care unless there is written permission to do so. They are playing this under the law.

You're both right. What I think Kas23 is missing is that the only way a "random layperson" can gain access to confidential medical information about someone - absent their permission - is if a healthcare worker (as broadly defined under the statute) discloses it without authorization. So there would have to be a HIPAA violation somewhere in order for Glenn's malady to be disclosed (again, unless he is the source or authorizes the disclosure).

You're both right. What I think Kas23 is missing is that the only way a "random layperson" can gain access to confidential medical information about someone - absent their permission - is if a healthcare worker (as broadly defined under the statute) discloses it without authorization. So there would have to be a HIPAA violation somewhere in order for Glenn's malady to be disclosed (again, unless he is the source or authorizes the disclosure).

Yep. I'm in HR... we receive "authorized for release" medical info on employees from the healthcare workers in order to put them on a LOA or release to return to work. But I am not, in turn, able to disclose it to anyone outside of HR without violating HIPAA. This is somewhat similar - the Bills medical staff is authorized the share the info on Glenn's condition with the FO/coaching staff. But they are not supposed to turn around and share that with media, etc. They will only share what they have to per league rules.

This is just my understanding,

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yep. I'm in HR... we receive "authorized for release" medical info on employees from the healthcare workers in order to put them on a LOA or release to return to work. But I am not, in turn, able to disclose it to anyone outside of HR without violating HIPAA. This is somewhat similar - the Bills medical staff is authorized the share the info on Glenn's condition with the FO/coaching staff. But they are not supposed to turn around and share that with media, etc. They will only share what they have to per league rules.

This is just my understanding,

For my understanding of it you are dead on. The team doctors can discuss it with the FO/coaching staff because they are Glenn's "employers" and its the equivalent of a doctor's note to be excused from work.

It would be somewhat similar to an ER doctor or Employee Health department telling your department head why you can't work if you worked in a hospital. Both share an employer but the conversation/medical note remains confidential to all others.

Edited by JM57

That's true. But, what's the obligation of said "random layperson" after receiving this unauthorized info? Are they obligated to pretend that they haven't heard what they've heard?

Its time the Bills cut the **** and disclose WTF is the deal with our starting LT.

Our? Which member of the team are you?

Not until you reveal your medical records as well

I share in the frustration of Kellyto83TD...

However, I wish they could give us an idea of the 'illness'. I don't need any specifics but how about a more specific idea of a time frame.