Cordy Glenn not participating to start camp

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best D and best O players out. Typical Bills. No reason to keep us in the dark either, Whaley.

Statements like this crack me up.

Its obviously not football related and odds are he is going through some tests and they don't know exactly what is going on so there is no reason for Whaley to give out any information at this time.

Injury (and the occasional illness) come with the territory. But this is just unfair. Let us hope the the next dozen injuries come to practice squad bubble guys - and let it come over the next dozen years. Hey, I'm a Bill fan.... I am almost by definition delusional. (And frequently wrong.) I can't blame Whaley at this point. It's a non-football matter and he's probably almost as in the dark as we are. The doctors have to figure it out. Then we'll learn more.

Bottom line is Cordy's health. Let's all hope the young man lives a long and healthy life (while playing in a lot of playoff and Pro Bowl games).

This is about as " right on " as it gets . well said Pops .

on another note. John Murphy and his post about Seantrel Henderson getting 1st string reps ? is getting weird.

These guys are seriously up to some funny business. That should be Hairston all day. But even so.

Why would that be announced ?

Thanks though Kemp2Warlick

Joe B suggests Glenn could be dealing with a similar issue as Hairston last year.

http://www.rotoworld...482/cordy-glenn

This would be a back breaker. A complete disaster.

This link sounds a little better . Splitting reps .

My bad .

Ehhh he might be respecting Cordys privacy. Fans don't necessarily have the right to know anything.

Exactly

Kind of wondered why they drafted 3 linemen and signed one as a FA... I know we needed help up front, but that seems like a lot...

Wonder if the two are at all related

Drafting 3 lineman isn't really a lot especially when one was a 7th round flyer and the team lacked overall depth

Exactly

Drafting 3 lineman isn't really a lot especially when one was a 7th round flyer and the team lacked overall depth

Who is reported by John Murphy as starting tackle for camp !!!! Edited by 3rdand12

Who is reported by John Murphy as starting tackle for camp !!!!

Yeah I don't get that either as I would think Hairston would be ahead of him at least to start camp.

I guess Cyrus Kouandjio is strictly a RT bc I would hv thought worst case scenario with Glenn that he would move to the left side

Edited by Max997

Why? What if you were diagnosed(God forbid) with testicular cancer? Would you be okay with your boss telling people before you decided you wanted people to know? I know this is an extreme example but I think it makes the point. Whaley says he's got an illness, maybe Glenn and/or the doctors don't want it disclosed yet, maybe he'd like to talk to family before the media reports it. Then again maybe it's nothing and the team and Glenn are just being precautious.

not the same. Glenn is famous. Is in one of the more public positions in the United States. It is not the same.

With that being said, I don't think that is right. But it isn't the same.

Do we know what illness Hairston had last year?

I thought it was spoken out loud but i cant recall ! Maybe i did not hear it.

but the kidney situation sounds about right. He originally had a back issue didn't he ?

not the same. Glenn is famous. Is in one of the more public positions in the United States. It is not the same.

With that being said, I don't think that is right. But it isn't the same.

It is exactly the same, privacy is privacy and Whaley is handling it correctly.

Although Glenn is a public figure he does not directly work for the public like someone who is voted into their position so he isn't obligated to disclose anything.

Although Glenn is a public figure he does not directly work for the public like someone who is voted into their position so he isn't obligated to disclose anything.

of course he's not obligated. Doesn't mean that the story doesn't deserve to come out. It absolutely does. And regardless if it does or not, it will eventually because he's a good player known in the league and espn and NFLN won't allow it to go unknown.

Again, I don't necessarily agree with all this. But it's true.

Edited by mrags

Thank you, well stated. It's not football related and it's really none of our business, no matter how badly we want to know. (And if you're the Patriots, it's likely to remain unknown even if it IS football related.) It's not like I have to judge whether he can finish his term as an elected official. That's the teams decision as they manage the cap. I trust Whaley and believe he's handling this correctly.

of course he's not obligated. Doesn't mean that the story doesn't deserve to come out. It absolutely does. And regardless if it does or not, it will eventually because he's a good player known in the league and espn and NFLN won't allow it to go unknown.

Again, I don't necessarily agree with all this. But it's true.

Why does the story deserve to come out? If ur going to make a statement like that you should back it up with why.

I just don't get the we deserve or have a right to know what's going on crowd.

There was a similar issue with Jeremy Maclin a few years ago and although there were a lot of rumors I don't think it was ever reported exactly what he was being tested for.

Edited by Max997

Yup. +1

Ha ha. You're late to the party.

Emoulds was damned to hell and almost banned for life

But now everyone loves him or her and wishes him or her a good prosperous life with many hot women at his or her side (if he or she likes that sort of stuff)

Why does the story deserve to come out? If ur going to make a statement like that you should back it up with why.

I just don't get the we deserve or have a right to know what's going on crowd.

There was a similar issue with Jeremy Maclin a few years ago and although there were a lot of rumors I don't think it was ever reported exactly what he was being tested for.

i typed up a really good reply and was about to send. Instead I realize there's no changing your opinion and I don't really care.

I personally feel that famous people should have no holds barred when it comes to issues effecting their jobs. If they are that worried about it then pick a new career out of the spotlight. I'm sure they love all the attention when they go out or get into trouble to keep things low key. But when all the sudden something happens to bring their news out in the open, they don't want to deal with it. I call BS.

The fact that Henderson is going to start at LT to start camp instead of say Cyrus (who I think we'll all agree is ahead of Henderson) or Hairston tells me one of 2 things:

1. They are betting Glenn will be fine. He practiced during OTAs and if I recall played Guard one day..not 100 percent on that. So just see what Henderson can do. Plus, if they think he'd be out long term the logical thing would be Cyrus at LT and Pears starts at RT. Starting 2 rookies? No way. I'm leaning toward this ...

but...scenario 2:

2. Glenn is going to be out. Henderson is the real deal. They feel he'll be the best option there, Pears sucks, so they are planning long term....get him as many reps and get him in now.

Ugh...