Cancer

My good friends mother passed in March from pancreatic cancer, she found that marijuana was a HUGE help. Luckily we live in a medical state so it was legal. Sis in law had breast cancer last year and also found marijuana helpful. I encourage all cancer patients to explore marijuana to help with the symptoms.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear NDBUFFCUSE, jboyst, and all... Especially the ones trying to beat it as we speak... TheMadCap: Stay strong!

My mother passed away in 1999 from ovarian cancer... @ age 58. She was diaganosed in 1993 with it, went into remission and then it came back. Funny thing, she didn't know how hereditary it was... One of her aunts had it in 1970 and beat it. My mother had a partial hysterecomy after my sister was born in 1972... They left the ovaries in (for various reason @ that time)! If they would have known the family link, they would have taken them out and she may be alive today. Instead, they left the two ticking timebombs in and they went off 21 years later! April 1993 she had a checkup and all was well. By July of 1993, there were two tumors the size of oranges which were causing her pain.

Please do not blindy blame what we are eating and the foods we are consuming.

My gramps had pancreatic cancer. It did not show much but eventually came out matestisizing in his neck. He survived over a year going thru treatment. Luckily he was not in pain but he was a tough dude.

This^^^ Glad you brought it up, thanx!

My not even 57 year old sister in law now has

colon cancer. Surgery on 6-12 and now chemo. Had NO

signs and was discovered at her annual colonoscopy.

My brother's 29 year old son-in-law has colon cancer... He first had it when he was 14! Check him all the time, this recent year things went off and crazy with polyp test... They were checking himn almost every year and he had been clear since a young teen!

Amazing that he is so young...

Take it from me, it sucks.

Diagnosed with ALL, a type of leukemia causing massive lymphomas in March this year. Spent 37 days in the hospital getting chemo and dropped from 155 to about 105 pounds. It literally almost killed me.

Next week I go in for another four day treatment which is the halfway point of my kill phase. We are hopeful we can get it in remission. I'm lucky to have great support from family and friends or I would have been done for.

I'm doing and feeling much better, things seems to be moving in the direction of goodness, if that makes sense.

Cancer is strong on both sides of my family: my maternal grandmother died of lung cancer, my father has renal cell carcinoma (surgery this month for the second time), and two of my brothers have had Colon cancer. Sadly, one did not find out until it was stage four, but he made it three years and died last February. He was 55. But he saved my other brothers life, because we all went and got tested.

I implore everyone to listen to their bodies and don't ignore symptoms. Go get your checkups guys. It's a literal pain in the ass, but it could save you or a family member...

It's not a death sentence.. it really isn't.

Diagnosed with Stage 4 CLL in June of 2012, in remission by Feb. 2013.. My doctor keeps telling me it's the "most remarkable improvement he has ever seen."

Pancreatic, and ovarian, cancer is tough because there is no "true" test for it and usually is usually diagnosed at an advanced stage. The survival rate is poor compared with those for other cancer types.

Melonoma cancer survivor here.

In 2012 I was diagnosed with CLL and clearly know the difference in these two forms of Leukemia. i wish you the best in your battle! All cancer SUCKS.

My dad was diagnosed with Cronic Leukemia 12 years ago. He goes to his oncologist every 6 months but has not had to take a treatment, radiation, chemo ever. It sounds funny to say but if you have to get diagnosed with something, you could do a lot worse the CLL. He is now 71. He is pretty healthy, still golf's twice a week & really except for having a tough time breathing when the weather gets really cold in the winter time is in good shape. Good luck to you sir & every other person that is battling cancer on this board.

Edited by Gordio

I feel for everyone on this board. My wife was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in situ back in April, July 21 she is having a mastectomy and full reconstruction, so she wont require chemo and radiation. We consider ourselves very lucky, they found it in her yearly mammogram. Cancer sucks on every level.

Even though I'm a mid 30s educated and employed person, my grandmother and aunts / uncles still are determined to give me birthday and Christmas presents even though I repeatedly asked them not to since my mid 20s. A few years back I came up with a solution. I asked them all to instead donate to the V Foundation what they would have been giving me as gifts. It's not a ton of money, but at least it's something. ESPN always pushes this fund and I like it because the Foundation has a big enough endowment to pay for all of their expenses and every dollar donated at this point goes directly to funding research efforts. There is no reason why we cannot cure many, if not all types of cancers in the next few decades. I implore each of you to take the time to donate any amount you feel comfortable with if you can afford it. Every little bit helps.

Also, if any one knows of a better foundation for said same purpose please let me know.

Edited by Mark80

Anyone can look into the China Study diet, which is basically a plant-based diet that supposedly helps with many diseases, including cancer. My dad got the book, The China Study, after he was diagnosed with stage 2 CL leukemia 4 years ago and decided to try the diet out for a while before his cancer got any worse and he would have to do chemo. Since then, his cancer has regressed to stage 1 and his white blood cell count has remained steady for the most part.

Take my story for what it's worth, research or read the book if you want, but it wouldn't hurt to try it if you or a loved one has cancer and doesn't know what to do about it.

The China Study is a good book from more than just the cancer perspective. its a valuable book for those with heart disease. A lot of this book can even be accessed for free on the internet tubes. It's a tough diet to adhere and get used too.

Cancer is a thousand diseases and is a genetic one.Some genetic mutation occurs in one of the oncogenes( turned on or off) during embryonic development). This antibiotic cause garbage is just that.The increase is caused by the baby boomers.The people born in 1957(my age) are the peak and the increase in cancer cases is due to the increase in people in their 60s and 50s.

Remember, about ⅓ of people get cancer and if people on either side don"t it will likely be you.

My mum has been battling what the surgeon said is a very rare ampullary cancer --- basically at a convergence of the stomach, duodenum, and pancreas --- since Oct 2012. Had the Whipple surgery done which removed the duodenum and the tip (~1/5) of the pancreas. Chemo, chemo, radiation, chemo. It spread to several spots in her liver early this year. Two more rounds of chemo. Latest CT scan had the liver spots not reducing and metastasis to her lungs. She says it feels like playing Whack-a-Mole. They are trying a more aggressive chemo now.

This has been such a tough road.

Add into it that my dad had Stage 2 prostate cancer discovered early this year, too. He's had treatment with radioactive pellets implanted and it seems like that's that.

MadCap, and others in this thread, my thoughts are with you.

Positive thoughts and best wishes to all who battle these diseases.

Our environment today is vastly different than what it was fifty years ago. Look at your cleaning supplies and read the labels, same for your gardening and lawn care products, then take a look in your medicine cabinet. There are products and ingredients there that were never in your grandparents' world. It's not just what you eat that can impact your health. It's everything that you put in and on your body that contributes.

My thoughts and prayers to all that are battling cancer.. Have lost a lot of friends over the years.

My nephew passed away from testicular cancer a few years ago at 25.

I don't suppose he grew up in the Harris Hill are of Clarence,did he?

Early on in this thread, I made a comment about pinning it because it was so uplifting. It was sarcasm and it was poorly placed. I apologize.

I've lost people to cancer. Close people. Likely, many of us have. I am not going to make this post about me. I want to make it about those who were offended by what I wrote.

My reason for writing what I wrote was my way of saying that the topic was kind of heavy for this place. That was selfish of me. I don't have, thank God, a wife, son or parent battling cancer. I am not battling cancer.

My comment was out of line; it was offensive; it was plain wrong.

I am truly sorry to those of you whom I have offended and I can assure you nothing similar will ever be posted by me.

Thanks for reading.

- Gugny