Cancer

Is it just me or do you guys think there is a lot of it nowadays. I know two people. One has Pancreatic cancer, a really bad one I think. Another has Liver Cancer. I don't think there is much hope for both these people. What do guys think you can do to battle Liver cancer and Pacreatic cancer? Anyone know anybody or knew anyone that beat this awful disease or lost the battle? Somebody told me the Pancreas is the worst place to get cancer. Not good.

Edited by Ice bowl 67

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal experience in knowing people who've had pancreatic cancer is that it is very aggressive. I've never known anyone with liver cancer.

My aunt was diagnosed, a year ago, with stage 4 ovarian cancer. We all "came to terms" that she wouldn't be around much longer. I'm happy to report that she is still around and is in full remission. It's pretty miraculous, really, but I only share to show that one never knows.

All cancer sucks. I wish your friends well.

Is it just me or do you guys think there is a lot of it nowadays. I know two people. One has Pancreatic cancer, a really bad one I think. Another has Liver Cancer. I don't think there is much hope for both these people. What do guys think you can do to battle Liver cancer and Pacreatic cancer? Anyone know anybody or knew anyone that beat this awful disease or lost the battle? Somebody told me the Pancreas is the worst place to get cancer. Not good.

Pancreatic cancer's a B word - a diagnosis of such is basically a death sentence, almost entirely because it's always caught so late (usually the only obvious symptom is "backache," by the time you get other symptoms, you're pretty much end-stage.) I've known two people diagnosed with it, neither lasted much more than three months past diagnosis.

I suspect that Paul (former Ghost of BiB here, for those who don't know) may have been diagnosed before he killed himself, and it may have contributed. He was diagnosed with pancreatitis, I know.

I am becoming more and more convinced that our food supply is just jacking up our bodies. My wife and i were talking last night about the proliferation of foos allergies, the rapid rise of ADHD and Autism, the rapid rise of mental illness and depression, and certainly the rise in cancers.Having said that, i think part of the riser in cancer is due to humans just living so damn long now, but thats another story.

All of these things just cannot be unrelated...something is going on and i think the food suppl just has to have something to do it. No evidence, no link, just my gut.Why we cook everything from scratch, try to get organic as much as possible, and buy most produce and meat now from local producers/farms.

I am becoming more and more convinced that our food supply is just jacking up our bodies. My wife and i were talking last night about the proliferation of foos allergies, the rapid rise of ADHD and Autism, the rapid rise of mental illness and depression, and certainly the rise in cancers.Having said that, i think part of the riser in cancer is due to humans just living so damn long now, but thats another story.

All of these things just cannot be unrelated...something is going on and i think the food suppl just has to have something to do it. No evidence, no link, just my gut.Why we cook everything from scratch, try to get organic as much as possible, and buy most produce and meat now from local producers/farms.

I don't think there's any question that what we're doing to our food supply and overall environment is contributing to rates of cancer and all the other maladies you mentioned. Putting all that nasty sh-- in the food, the drinking water, the air, the ground, the oceans -- it's got to be having an impact.

Big Cat your friend had it at 28? Very sorry about that. That is awful. Was it too late when they found it?

She was diagnosed about three years ago or so. Was living well, thought the worst was over, had just gone through a "we're going to get married even though we know one of us will probably die soon" ceremony, and a few days later that was it.

I don't think there's any question that what we're doing to our food supply and overall environment is contributing to rates of cancer and all the other maladies you mentioned. Putting all that nasty sh-- in the food, the drinking water, the air, the ground, the oceans -- it's got to be having an impact.

Others are blaming antibiotics. http://www.npr.org/2014/04/14/302899093/modern-medicine-may-not-be-doing-your-microbiome-any-favors

Edited by The Big Cat

Others are blaming antibiotics. http://www.npr.org/2...iome-any-favors

That's part of what's poisoning the food/water/ground and yes, our bodies. Giving people more pills, and more powerful pills to deal with the diseases we're creating from trashing our environment (and instead of telling them to eat a healthy diet and exercise) is a really bad cycle.

Anyone can look into the China Study diet, which is basically a plant-based diet that supposedly helps with many diseases, including cancer. My dad got the book, The China Study, after he was diagnosed with stage 2 CL leukemia 4 years ago and decided to try the diet out for a while before his cancer got any worse and he would have to do chemo. Since then, his cancer has regressed to stage 1 and his white blood cell count has remained steady for the most part.

Take my story for what it's worth, research or read the book if you want, but it wouldn't hurt to try it if you or a loved one has cancer and doesn't know what to do about it.

Of course, another major contributor is that we've come so far in diagnosing and curing treatable diseases, or even manageable ones. In 1960, heart disease killed roughly 2.5 times as many people as cancer. Fifty years later, cancer rates haven't changed much (gone down, actually)...but the ration of deaths from heart disease vs. cancer is close to 1:1, so proportionally someone is 2.5 times more likely to die from cancer than heart disease.

Take it from me, it sucks.

Diagnosed with ALL, a type of leukemia causing massive lymphomas in March this year. Spent 37 days in the hospital getting chemo and dropped from 155 to about 105 pounds. It literally almost killed me.

Next week I go in for another four day treatment which is the halfway point of my kill phase. We are hopeful we can get it in remission. I'm lucky to have great support from family and friends or I would have been done for.

I'm doing and feeling much better, things seems to be moving in the direction of goodness, if that makes sense.

Cancer is strong on both sides of my family: my maternal grandmother died of lung cancer, my father has renal cell carcinoma (surgery this month for the second time), and two of my brothers have had Colon cancer. Sadly, one did not find out until it was stage four, but he made it three years and died last February. He was 55. But he saved my other brothers life, because we all went and got tested.

I implore everyone to listen to their bodies and don't ignore symptoms. Go get your checkups guys. It's a literal pain in the ass, but it could save you or a family member...

Edited by TheMadCap

Diagnosed with ALL, a type of leukemia causing massive lymphomas in March this year. Spent 37 days in the hospital getting chemo and dropped from 155 to about 105 pounds. It literally almost killed me.

Next week I go in for another four day treatment which is the halfway point of my kill phase. We are hopeful we can get it in remission. I'm lucky to have great support from family and friends or I would have been done for.

I'm doing and feeling much better, things seems to be moving in the direction of goodness, if that makes sense.

Cancer is strong on both sides of my family: my maternal grandmother died of lung cancer, my father has renal cell carcinoma (surgery this month for the second time), and two of my brothers have had Colon cancer. Sadly, one did not find out until it was stage four, but he made it three years and died last February. He was 55. But he saved my other brothers life, because we all went and got tested.

I implore everyone to listen to their bodies and don't ignore symptoms. Go get your checkups guys. It's a literal pain in the ass, but it could save you or a family member...

Bless you buddy

My father-on-law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March of 2012 and died this January. We were lucky to get those near two years as that was longer than most of the cases I've heard about. He managed to make it to our wedding and the birth of his first grand daughter during that time. It seemed like that was his entire motivation as he quickly faded after she was born.

In 2012 I was diagnosed with CLL and clearly know the difference in these two forms of Leukemia. i wish you the best in your battle! All cancer SUCKS.

Wow MadCap, God bless you and praying for a speedy recovery.

The last thing you mentioned is so worrisome to me. I don't think I would know the symptoms... I tend to just power through everything. I do get my routine checkups though. I really wouldn't know what's a bad symptom or listen to my body unless I couldn't walk or my arm fell off.

Wow... Hang in there and thanks for the advice.

Please do not blindy blame what we are eating and the foods we are consuming.

My gramps had pancreatic cancer. It did not show much but eventually came out matestisizing in his neck. He survived over a year going thru treatment. Luckily he was not in pain but he was a tough dude.