Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are ridiculous for saying one of our teams best players. You guys need to get a grip.

Spikes

Dareus

K. Williams

Mario

Gilmore

A. Williams

Jackson

Glenn

Wood

M. Williams

Probably CJ (at least that's what everyone here would like to think)

EJ better be if were gonna have a chance this year

Sammy better be considering we gave up quite a bit to get him

Everyone of those players are arguably better or at least more important than Kiko.

Reading this post actually made me feel WORSE about our D this year.

I'm hoping the OP is just being sarcastic.

Reading this post actually made me feel WORSE about our D this year.

I'm hoping the OP is just being sarcastic.

no. The injury is real. And why would you feel worse after this? After realizing that Kiko is not our best player. Does he really make that much of a difference.

thanks for that insight Bullough :thumbsup:

is an "escape goat" a certain breed of goat?..... :oops:

please tell me you were not referring to the South American country of Bolivia ...... :wallbash:

You've never ears of the "escape goat"?

It's that damn goat that just refuses to stay inside the fence!!!!

Maybe he's Hispanic.... Leave him alone!!

Look up in the sky, you two. Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

Nope, just a joke.

Perhaps it's time the Bills website remove the huge season ticket banner with his face on it from their site? Nothing fires me up to buy tickets like the face of a key player that is out for the year after suffering a torn ACL in non football related activities.

It's been what, 14 hours? I think them taking his pic off of there this soon would look a little weird personally. Does his pic really deter you from wanting to buy season tix if you were planning to do so?

no. The injury is real. And why would you feel worse after this? After realizing that Kiko is not our best player. Does he really make that much of a difference.

Are you just kidding around here or are you actually certifiably insane? You don't think losing Kiko Alonso is significant? You think Mike Williams and Brandon Spikes are more important to the Bills than him? I wish I shared your delusional Ned Flanders-esque optimism.

It's been what, 14 hours? I think them taking his pic off of there this soon would look a little weird personally. Does his pic really deter you from wanting to buy season tix if you were planning to do so?

I'm just saying, they should rotate it out wtih one of the others that they have. It's currently right next to a giant lead story on him being out of the year. They have web people on staff that could do it in a second. I already have seasons and am ready for another sub .500 ride.

Kiko's game and value are all about quickness and speed. The Kiko who will return next year won't be the Kiko of 2013. Think of the very dfferent Merriman that emerged from surgery. I wish him the best but I think he's done, at least as the Kiko we know.

Kiko's game and value are all about quickness and speed. The Kiko who will return next year won't be the Kiko of 2013. Think of the very dfferent Merriman that emerged from surgery. I wish him the best but I think he's done, at least as the Kiko we know.

That's just not true nowadays. You may have been right about that over ten years ago but with the advancements in health care (whether they are on the up and up or not is up for debate) have shown that athletes can and do come back as good as before. Sometimes even better.

Are you just kidding around here or are you actually certifiably insane? You don't think losing Kiko Alonso is significant? You think Mike Williams and Brandon Spikes are more important to the Bills than him? I wish I shared your delusional Ned Flanders-esque optimism.

there are 3 LBs that start on this team. So he's only 33% of that unit. If you think he's better than Spikes at this point in their careers you are absolutely delusional. Spikes is regarded as the best LB in the league against he run. Considering our run defense was one of the worst it's ever been in our history and that was WITH Kiko here last year.

Get a hold of yourself. I'm not saying it's not going to hurt. But it's not like were losing Peyton Manning for the season here.

I think Kiko's energy and big plays fire up the defense. Having guys make big plays and hits helps the defense tremendously in terms of momentum. Still, this isn't a "doom," scenario.

My son.....playing linebacker....tore his ACL his senior year of high school and at the time had a few offers to go on and play ball on a scholarship.......

He was also a tight end.....and went up for a pass in passing camp before the season that a QB had thrown to high.....came down on one leg instead of two and it buckled.......

Hit-n-runs. Torn ACLs.

Don't take this the wrong way, but sometimes reading your posts feels like watching an episode of "Grey's Anatomy."

Yes, because Merriman and Kiko's injuries were close to the same O_o

Is everyone here on crazy pills?

Merriman was old and falling apart whent eh Bills picked him off of SD's IR. His was an achilles injury caused by chroinc steroid use.

Kiko's ACL should be fully recoverable.

Sucks. It's never good to lose one of your best players and a key component on the defensive side of the ball. Guys will have to step up and fill-in with the hope that the drop off in production isn't too much to overcome.

Merriman was old and falling apart whent eh Bills picked him off of SD's IR. His was an achilles injury caused by chroinc steroid use.

Kiko's ACL should be fully recoverable.

Just like his previous ACL. Nobody thought he was permanently damaged goods when he was drafted.