Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

I encourage you to make use of the search function. This topic has been broached numerous times, and the board unanimously agrees that no, he can not.

Ah, you've been had by the hilarious Jeronimo. It just keeps getting funnier.

and yet, you actually don't help things here by muddling the topic by contributing to the end of serious discussion. ummm, good for you?

jw

Yup

Count me in on the "it was never funny" group.

I thought it was funny once. People who aren't funny don't know when to quit.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was funny once. People who aren't funny don't know when to quit.

If you only thought it was funny once then I won't ask a very pressing question that is on my mind since I started hearing about Pegula's interest in the Bills.

i answered that question, and noted that it was my mistake. Pegula still owns East Resources, which sold of many of its assets to Royal Dutch Shell back in 2010.

jw

Then I misunderstood your answer.

It seemed you were saying Pegula didn't make all of the $1.75 B on that sale because there was another undisclosed company.

I assume that HG Energy is the undisclosed company, which seems to also be owned by Pegula, which led me to believe he did get the full $1.75 B between East Resources and HG Energy.

Therefore, I was wondering if you had some info that contradicted my assumption, since you said he didn't pocket the full amount.

Tim Graham from the Buffalo News discusses the possibility of Terry Pegula bidding for the Bills:

6/13/14 - Tim Graham talks Pegula on Sports Radio 1270: http://stationcaster.com/stations/whld/media/mp3/Tim_Graham_6_13-1402700244.mp3 <20:02>

So Tim Graham says the downside of Pegula bidding on the Bills it will draw bigger, richer, crazier bidders from out of town. Uhhhhh, okay, Tim. Wouldn't that happen whether Pegula does or doesn't bid? :blink: How did Pegula bidding become a negative?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So Tim Graham says the downside of Pegula bidding on the Bills it will draw bigger, richer, crazier bidders from out of town. Uhhhhh, okay, Tim. Wouldn't that happen whether Pegula does or doesn't bid? :blink: How did Pegula bidding become a negative?

Yeah... It males no sense. Does he think people will bid out of spite? I don't get it.

Thank hank you for your intelligent post.

It was very much appreciated to actually read something with substance, even if it was "too long" for some of the knuckle-draggers on this board.

Listen, I was born raised and educated here and my profession and interests focus on urbanization and public policy. I want nothing more than this city and region to rebound but I am so annoyed with the incessant false public discourses suggesting resurgence and that we’ve finally turned the corner. The single variable, likely because it’s the most prominent and visible, that this entire conversation has focused on and this idea being constructed around (pun intended) is construction. Everyone is suggesting that bricks and mortar is proof positive we’ve finally broke away from the shackle of deindustrialization and economic contraction. It’s a very convenient conversation since politicians dated back to the 1950s have suggested growing and building your way out of decline.

I’m not a pessimist, I know the challenged and the reality and don’t have the luxury of blind loyally and the religious fervency displayed by those who just want to believe so bad and don’t want to have an honest conversation based in reality.

Did he mean it could warn someone like mlse and bon Jovi to make a deal with a sugar daddy? (Rogers)

I wouldn't be shocked if Timmy texted Tannenbaum to suggest it and make sure he has Rogers' number.

I wouldn't be shocked if Timmy texted Tannenbaum to suggest it and make sure he has Rogers' number.

His logic is that since Ballmer overpaid for the Clippers someone will overpay for the Bills. But that's true whether Terry Pegula bids or not. They way he put it out there struck me as a attempt to get people worried. (No good news allowed without a kick in the nuts.)

But he doesn't address the committee's role in this sale. My take is if a solid local bid is made, an out of town bid for a hundred million more won't beat it.

The NFL prefers single, rich, liquid owners to a partnership. If TP pays cash and has a stadium plan ready to go I can't see him losing to Jon Bon Blow-me and his crew.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I THINK Graham's point was that if Pegula buys the Bills then most of us will never have to worry about the team leaving in our lifetimes. That creates some urgency for Toronto vultures since an NFL team in Buffalo pretty much means no NFL team is going to Toronto (which is "Bills territory" now)

It's been their dream for a long time and it's about to slip away. Remember that they blew $75 million for a few crappy Bills games. They will burn money if needed, so I would still be very worried.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I THINK Graham's point was that if Pegula buys the Bills then most of us will never have to worry about the team leaving in our lifetimes. That creates some urgency for Toronto vultures since an NFL team in Buffalo pretty much means no NFL team is going to Toronto (which is "Bills territory" now)

It's been their dream for a long time and it's about to slip away. Remember that they blew $75 million for a few crappy Bills games. They will burn money if needed, so I would still be very worried.

Well then they better really want it because it's going to take perhaps $1.5B to outbid El Pegaul, millions to try and break the lease, $400M if they do break the lease, then at least $2B to build a new NFL stadium in Toronto. Is $4B when all said and done too rich for them?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well then they better really want it because it's going to take perhaps $1.5B to outbid El Pegaul, millions to try and break the lease, $400M if they do break the lease, then at least $2B to build a new NFL stadium in Toronto. Is $4B when all said and done too rich for them?

Sadly I doubt it is. They would be getting national tv dollars in Canada. That group is the elephant in the room. That said I believe there's something in the trust orders that gives preference to a hometown buyer. And while the two bean counters in the trust might push for the Canadian bid, the other two will offset them and remind that while Ralph was largely about money, he was also ALL against relocating teams. They take El Peguals money and call it a day.

Viva El Pegual!

The NFL prefers single, rich, liquid owners to a partnership. If TP pays cash and has a stadium plan ready to go I can't see him losing to Jon Bon Blow-me and his crew.

The key will be what Jerry Jones thinks of Pegula's parenting skills. There's already nobody else in the world Jones respects more as a father and husband than Bon Jovi, so those are big shoes to fill for Pegula.