Potential veteran QBs available next year

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Bradford

plays in an absolute brutal division (SEA, SF & AZ)

ranked 11th in passer rating last season.

in his prime, currently age 26.

I doubt he becomes available, but if he did, he is an answer.

I agree with this 100%

Also wouldnt mind Stafford

CBF

other than brady - and stafford if you mean him :D - no one better than e.j.

and you can always trade a few complete drafts for mariota. but maybe 3 future 1sts will do.

This is laughable. I'm really pulling for EJ but almost every QB he named is better than EJ.

I'd like to add Cutler, Rivers & Roethlisberger to the list of potentially available QBs. It's not likely but possible that 1 of those guys shakes loose.

Big Ben would be fantastic up here. There is the Whaley connection. But I don't think the Steelers have a real backup QB that could take his place. They will pay $$$$$ to keep him. Rivers and Cutler would also be fantastic. Basically, if EJ fails, its really because he is still not reading the entire feild and not seeing open receivers. If that's the case, any veteran QB mentioned by the OP with a big enough arm would be successful with the talent around him. And we can get TJ Yeldon (RB-Alabama) in the second round to shore up what could otherwise be a deficient position next season.

This is laughable. I'm really pulling for EJ but almost every QB he named is better than EJ.

same here. I REALLY want EJ to do well. If not, well, you said it best...

Not worried about 2015, yet. But of those QBs, I'd take Alex Smith.

Dalton and Smith are asking for 20 million per year neither getting it, Stafford is Cutler like makes some amazing throws, lacks leadership and the losses just keep piling up for a "great" qb...Romo Brady Manning Palmer Vick all way too old. Bradford you would have to be a fool, and if you are you probably would be interested in Schaub too.

Here's a bold idea...stick with EJ.

What ^he^ said.

I'm right about some things and wrong about others (just like you guys), but I really think this will be the season EJ starts to make some major steps toward solidifying his position.

Prove me right, EJ!

The Bills have been looking for a franchise QB for 20 years and these other teams are just going let a few playoff caliber, super bowl winning QBs walk after this year? Not a chance

More likely the list will look like this

Jason Cambell

Christian Ponder

Mark Sanchez

Blaine Gabbert

Tyler Thigpen

TJ Yates

Trent Edwards

A few washouts and a third stringer

I would take Romo. He has never had an offensive line in big D. And the coaching is suspect. Rivers would be a good fit in Buffalo too. Eli throws a lot of picks but is still near very good to great. I would pass on all the rest for age and production concerns.

Obviously would take Brady or Manning but that ain't happening, So I would go with Alex Smith or Dalton as we groom Christian Hackenberg in 2016.

Dude no one wants to see that in your avatar.

My god, you make 0 sense. You hate on EJ yet you want Alex Smith? The same Alex Smith who threw 1 tds, 11 ints, and 50% of his passes as a rookie? but obviously EJ, who was 10 times better than Smith as a rookie, can't improve. :rolleyes:

Also, Hackenberg's family would like to thank you for ruining his NFL career for putting your curse on him. Signed, Casey Paschall, Landry Jones, John Skelton, etc.

Not as rookies. The point is these guys improved with more time in the NFL. Rookie improving, crazy I know.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Assuming you meant Stafford instead of Schaub on 6.

The original post has Stafford.

None of these guys are going anywhere except for possibly Bradford. Brady and Belicheck are joined at the hip.

I think Bradford, Dalton and Alex Smith are possibilities. However, Dalton will command probably $15 million plus if he hits FA.

I'd like to add Cutler, Rivers & Roethlisberger to the list of potentially available QBs. It's not likely but possible that 1 of those guys shakes loose.

Not Cutler, they just resigned him this offseason.

Everybody loves every other QB in the league until the land here.

Boom....truth. There are some fans, that no matter what Buffalo does, will always *find* a way to be pessimistic..."Sure Buffalo won a Super Bowl, but man, did you see that Post-Game Interview??WTF was Doug Marrone thinking??!! And yeah, OK EJ got Super Bowl MVP, but I mean, who wouldn't with a set of WRs like the BILLS have???!!".....yup, sadly, the reality of such pessimism is greater than the reality of the BILLS winning the Super Bowl, and NOT because I don't think the *can*, just that envisioning the two, the latter is so much easier than the former...sad, just said.

Not Cutler, they just resigned him this offseason.

I think pretty much all of the guys mentioned are under contract. I thought that we were throwing out names of people that COULD become available? Tony Romo signed a giant contract for example but if Dallas is 6-10 and about to rebuild what sense does it make to pay a 34 year-old QB $20M? I thought that is we were identifying people that for one reason or another could hit the market? Most of them are extremely unlikely but I could see 1-2 of those guys out there.