Potential veteran QBs available next year

If he wants to be gay that's his business but having to look at something that most people find uncomfortable we shouldn't have to endure.

I try to be as open mined as possible but I admit seeing that makes me a little uncomfortable. But that is my problem, not his. Most of us have no problem watching a couple, or even two women kiss. Two dudes should be no different.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wants to be gay that's his business but having to look at something that most people find uncomfortable we shouldn't have to endure.

the thread was about who you would want if EJ flounders, trying paying attention genius or are you to busy trying to hate on me every chance you get.

And by that reasoning, gay people should be forced to stare at "hot girls" or something of that nature...it's either equal for all, or ban avatar's altogether. Again, I find it mildly disturbing that instead of realizing your social intolerance and insensitivity toward sexual orientation given the world we live in today, you double down by saying, "having to look at something that most people find uncomfortable"....so you're able to be the mind and mouth of "most people"?? Maybe it's just you that finds it uncomfortable? If so, that's ok, go with God Brother...but to state someone needs to change their avatar based on your personal beliefs, is hurbis at best, bigoted at worst.

I try to be as open mined as possible but I admit seeing that makes me a little uncomfortable. But that is my problem, not his. Most of us have no problem watching a couple, or even two women kiss. Two dudes should be no different.

+1....and that's essentially my point. I'm not gay but I have some friends that are, both lesbians and gay men, mostly through my wife and despite many years of being against "gay rights", I've slowly learned that the world is too harsh, violent, and cruel with so many injustices to worry about someone else's sexuality....if they're decent people, work and pay taxes, and do their best to be a relatively contributing member of society in some respect - than I don't give a rat's a*s who they prefer to share their bed or love with....I just want to live in peace with everyone...

Edited by BigBuff423

Assuming EJ fails this season and the fact that we don't have a first round pick to use on a QB next season, we may have to settle for a capable veteran for a bit.

There are two guys that I think have a good possibilty of not being retained by their teams next year. One of them is Andy Dalton who I think is got one last shot to take it to the next level otherwise he is gone and Sam Bradford who I think is a QB with talent but has never had any good receivers, a really crappy offensive line and a history of injuries keeping him from being successful. These are guys that we may be able to get our hands on next season for realtively cheap contracts if neither one pans out this year. Alex Smith could possibly be another option but one of these 3 guys would be the ones to go after.

My question is which one of these guys would everyone want to take a shot on if EJ doesn't work out?

These are the only QB's worth mentioning because all the other FA QB's next year are awful

Assuming EJ fails this season and the fact that we don't have a first round pick to use on a QB next season, we may have to settle for a capable veteran for a bit.

There are two guys that I think have a good possibilty of not being retained by their teams next year. One of them is Andy Dalton who I think is got one last shot to take it to the next level otherwise he is gone and Sam Bradford who I think is a QB with talent but has never had any good receivers, a really crappy offensive line and a history of injuries keeping him from being successful. These are guys that we may be able to get our hands on next season for realtively cheap contracts if neither one pans out this year. Alex Smith could possibly be another option but one of these 3 guys would be the ones to go after.

My question is which one of these guys would everyone want to take a shot on if EJ doesn't work out?

These are the only QB's worth mentioning because all the other FA QB's next year are awful

I am already tired of hearing about how the Bills won't be able to get a new QB next season bc they don't have a first round pick. We are seeing more and more good QBs drafted after the first round so is it really hard to imagine they could still get a good prospect after the first round?

And most importantly the team hasn't even got to training camp yet and you are already worried about which QB they should go after next year. I am not an EJ fan but come on it's not even June yet

Edited by Max997

I am already tired of hearing about how the Bills won't be able to get a new QB next season bc they don't have a first round pick. We are seeing more and more good QBs drafted after the first round so is it really hard to imagine they could still get a good prospect after the first round?

And most importantly the team hasn't even got to training camp yet and you are already worried about which QB they should go after next year. I am not an EJ fan but come on it's not even June yet

I hope EJ works out don't get me wrong but i brought this up for the simple fact that if it doesn't work out for him this year we need a definite back up plan

Edited by Buffwagonscircled

I wonder if Jake locker sticks in Tennessee. He's a possibility if he isn't re-signed there, but he might be a tough sell due to his injury history. If EJ fails in part due to injuries, would the FO bet on another guy with similar history? This scenario was the big risk in trading up for Watkins (obviously). This FO is all-in on EJ. If he flops, then the high first round pick that could have been used to acquire a highly rated QB prospect goes to Cleveland. I'm a Browns fan who moved to Buffalo and has adopted the Bills as my second team so I'm torn there. Honestly I'd rather the Bills earn the 1st or 32nd pick this season (but I think neither is very likely). The most interesting part of the trade to me was how two GMs in very different positions handled their business. One looking long-term and the other feeling like they were under the gun to make something happen this season.

Oh, we're assuming he's going to fail already?!?

I'm with Max997 on this. If you're wagons are truly circled, then you're doing your daily affirmations and proclaiming him a future multi-superbowl winning Hall of Famer...not looking for your next QB already.

i'm rooting for him to fail and fail badly. then i will come back on this board and proudly proclaim "i told you so!", because that's really all i care about -- being right on the internet. it will be a grand moment and you will all be embarrassed and ashamed by your lack of football knowledge.

also, the bills will go 18-34 in the year 2057 (the season will be year round by then). you heard it here first.

What if we assume he gets mauled by a mutant horned owl during the last preseason game? Then what do we do?

Does he acquire the mutant horned owls abilities? If so, and it's a Spiderman type situation, I say we stock up on champagne for our Super Bowl victory!

What if we assume he gets mauled by a mutant horned owl during the last preseason game? Then what do we do?

Well, then, we'd better sign three more because I'm gonna go ahead and assume that our backup QB's will catch some performance-debilitating infection on a Carnival Cruise.

Edited by nikuman