RD4, Pick #109: CB Ross Cockrell - Duke University

SDS

This kid can play. I'm a Virginia Tech season ticket holder, so I watch Duke a lot. Ross pretty much shut down all of Tech's receivers last year. Graduated in 3 1/2 years from Duke with a real major (Political Science) and is 1/2 way through a Master's Degree.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's unrealistic to think you can find an immediate starter anywhere beyond round 2. Everyone is a backup, unless you just get lucky.

Yeah, even if they had picked another OL here I wouldn't have expected him to displace Williams at G. The biggest immediate impact you're likely to see from 4th-7th rounders is on ST.

Cockrell was a pre-draft visitor right? If so, that makes 4 for 4. Interesting.

Every indication is we used very little trickery or deception this year. We've had a lot of the rumors confirmed, especially if you count that inside the war room article accurate.

Hey OCiB. There we go.

Wtf

Bill is on suicide watch. But I do suppose he will contribute more then a TE would this late.

I assure you I had nothing to do with this.

I am fully on record as saying we need O line. However, given our dropoff in ST, and the fact that this guy can play zone CB, slot CB, and press?

Value-wise, I can't argue with the pick. And, a bunch of OL were taken ahead of us. Also, I think that O line is going to be abundant in UDFA.

Works for me. I'm not going to pretend I can evaluate 4th round picks vs the alternatives, but lack of secondary depth killed this team last year so was certainly a good area to address.

Wrong. Lack of run stoppers killed this team last year. Our pass defense was one of best in NFL. Not saying we don't need depth but your statement is false.

Wrong. Lack of run stoppers killed this team last year. Our pass defense was one of best in NFL. Not saying we don't need depth but your statement is false.

Pass D started playing better once Gilmore returned and they cut Rogers.

Pass D started playing better once Gilmore returned and they cut Rogers.

So true. Getting rid of Rogers was an enormous boost for that defense. You need 4-5 capable CBs, that's for sure. If your 3rd CB on a game day is Justin Rogers you are looking for a loss.

Hey OCiB. There we go.

Wtf

Bill is on suicide watch. But I do suppose he will contribute more then a TE would this late.

LOL not true. I am fine with taking a corner this late. I would have rather they drafted a qb, but at least they didn't waste an early first round pick on yet another DB.

LOL not true. I am fine with taking a corner this late. I would have rather they drafted a qb, but at least they didn't waste an early first round pick on yet another DB.

With pick number 33, the Buffalo Bills select Safety _______, University of _____.

Can't wait.

4th round and we are looking for back-ups? If we had just missed the playoffs I would agree, but 6-10 is not just missing....

What's last year's record got to do with making the playoffs this year? Sincerely, the 4-12 Atlanta Falcons.

Good news... One of the scouting sites said he had little arms and little hands... And you know what they say....

He's a T-Rex?

pTRU1-5878126dt.jpg

My family and I are spending the weekend at Disney World this weekend. I wore a Bills shirt today. While walking around, a guy from Duke spotted me and went out of his way to congratulate the Bills on this pick. He went on and on about what a great guy and player Cockrell is.