RD4, Pick #109: CB Ross Cockrell - Duke University

SDS

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. He sounds like someone we could have slide in as nickel or dime player with the size to shift an outside CB if necessary. Mayock seems to think that if he puts on some weight, he has the size and ball skills to the a FS. Either way, I'm feeling a lot more solid about our DB group for a very, very solid looking defense.

This kid can contribute right now and you can NEVER have enough DB's. Plus listen to Mayock this kids intangibles are off the chart. Add a few LB's and he is our FS.

4.48 in in the 40, Mayock raving about his ball skills too, good move to see if might slide to S

Yeah, would have been a good choice, but good running backs have been found as late as round 6 lately and have contributed in year one (Morris, Stacy).

Forget round 6, plenty of UDFA backs have contributed

I know we have a pretty decent amount of NC residents here now...Cockrell is from Waxhaw NC right outside of Charlotte where I lived for 20 years...He's a VERY solid player...Maybe a bit of an over achiever-type...But he held his own against some very good WR's over the years...He has good size and...well...He's from Duke so you know the smarts are going to be there...I really like this pick... B-)

I predicted in an earlier thread that the 4th round pick would be a surprise that none of us has predicted. They do it every year.

I like it. I like the pick.

I love your posts but your avatar pic makes me crazy!

GREAT pick. This kid held his own against Evans that many wanted us to take at WR in the first at the EW Shrine game. A little bit of strength and a couple lbs and this kid is our new FS. Great pick

You better stop this. Today we are thinking way too much alike. I think I'm getting a little scared. All kidding aside, he's a really good pick up in the 4th round.

This kid can contribute right now and you can NEVER have enough DB's. Plus listen to Mayock this kids intangibles are off the chart. Add a few LB's and he is our FS.

I love what I am reading about this kid...these are the types you grab in the mid to late rounds

Forget round 6, plenty of UDFA backs have contributed

Considering they brought in 6 RBs for visits and none were projected to be UDFAs, I doubt they're looking to wait until after the draft. If they miss out on Andre Williams or Seastrunk in the 5th then maybe they will.

I predicted in an earlier thread that the 4th round pick would be a surprise that none of us has predicted. They do it every year.

I like it. I like the pick.

The Bills had him in for a visit. It's not crazy.

As some GMs have said, you can never have enough good secondary players in today's NFL...wonder how many games Justin Rogers cost us last year?

Whaley making sure a few injuries doesn't result in one player costing us huge...

Edited by matter2003