RD4, Pick #109: CB Ross Cockrell - Duke University

SDS

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First one of my predictions I got right lol. He's also a special teams ace.

Cockrell was a pre-draft visitor right? If so, that makes 4 for 4. Interesting.

No, but we sent like 3 reps to his pro day.

As some GMs have said, you can never have enough good secondary players in today's NFL...wonder how many games Justin Rogers cost us last year?

Oh yes.... I fully understood and commended when they cut him loose. I never root for failure for any of these guys, but his play showed he just wasn't up to covering #2s.

Oh yes.... I fully understood and commended when they cut him loose. I never root for failure for any of these guys, but his play showed he just wasn't up to covering #2s.

He wasn't up for covering PS WR's in a game, forget #2's

Considering they brought in 6 RBs for visits and none were projected to be UDFAs, I doubt they're looking to wait until after the draft. If they miss out on Andre Williams or Seastrunk in the 5th then maybe they will.

The Bills had him in for a visit. It's not crazy.

Williams just went. I would like to see Seastrunk and Yankey picked in the 5th.

I do like the pick: character, skills, potential.... But--hello?--what about guard? I dearly hope OBD isn't assuming Chris Williams, the OED entry under "Mediocrity" is the answer at guard. Yankey, the top-rated guard in the draft according to some, sitting there and they pass? Unless they have this kid pegged for safety, I'm bummed they didn't go with the big body. My gut-level fear is that once again the front office thinks OG just isn't important, even with last year's horror show fresh in everyone's memory.

4th round and we are looking for back-ups? If we had just missed the playoffs I would agree, but 6-10 is not just missing....

What position at this point needs a upgrade at starter?

I say FS LG RG... I feel like they have their starter on paper everywhere else. This guy is a potential fit at FS..

DE opposite mario will also be a bit of a trial and error deal with Hughes and Lawson but they have produced.

I do like the pick: character, skills, potential.... But--hello?--what about guard? I dearly hope OBD isn't assuming Chris Williams, the OED entry under "Mediocrity" is the answer at guard. Yankey, the top-rated guard in the draft according to some, sitting there and they pass? Unless they have this kid pegged for safety, I'm bummed they didn't go with the big body. My gut-level fear is that once again the front office thinks OG just isn't important, even with last year's horror show fresh in everyone's memory.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif in the 5th.

Pencil it in (I hope I just didn't jinx us...)

From CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports...ft/drafttracker

Ross Cockrell | CB, Duke Cockrell brings top-notch ball skills, impressive instincts and ideal quickness to play inside or out. His slight frame is a bit of a concern, but if he can bulk up, he may be a consideration to rotate in at safety as well.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz