RD4, Pick #109: CB Ross Cockrell - Duke University

SDS

My family and I are spending the weekend at Disney World this weekend. I wore a Bills shirt today. While walking around, a guy from Duke spotted me and went out of his way to congratulate the Bills on this pick. He went on and on about what a great guy and player Cockrell is.

I was at WDW Saturday too

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I YouTubed the duke vs a&m game, in the first quarter, cockrell owned Evans...didn't watch much after that, but he looked pretty good against a top 10 WR

Didn't the Duke D give up 35 points in the second half---21 in the 4th Q? JM shredded them.

Didn't the Duke D give up 35 points in the second half---21 in the 4th Q? JM shredded them.

I don't know who was covering who in the 2nd half, but Evans finished the game with 4 catches for 72 yards and no TDs. If Cockrell was the primary guy on him, it seems as though he did a pretty good job.

I don't know who was covering who in the 2nd half, but Evans finished the game with 4 catches for 72 yards and no TDs. If Cockrell was the primary guy on him, it seems as though he did a pretty good job.

I admittedly didn't watch much of A&M before that game, and when I saw Evans getting shut down by a Duke db, it tainted any opinion I would form of him. Evans took a pair of PFs out of frustration if I recall correctly. He couldn't get open.

Off-topic I guess, but I see Evans as having a reasonably high bust potential. Still glad to see it was one of our picks who frustrated the heck out of him in the bowl game.

Off-topic I guess, but I see Evans as having a reasonably high bust potential. Still glad to see it was one of our picks who frustrated the heck out of him in the bowl game.

Didn'tyou just say you don't know who was covering Evans the in the second half?

Didn'tyou just say you don't know who was covering Evans the in the second half?

That's an odd post for you to nitpick. Was I too optimistic or something? Geez. I think sodbuster implied he had watched the whole game.

That's an odd post for you to nitpick. Was I too optimistic or something? Geez. I think sodbuster implied he had watched the whole game.

Yeah, I watched a couple times and I went back and watched some more A&M games later. In my opinion he played Evans better than anybody else. One of Evans big gainers in that game he stumbled a little and got behind him and the other one looked as though he expected help over the top. Shut him down pretty well man to man.

Evans drew 2 15-yard penalties in that game, so subtract 30 from 72 and Evans got Neutered by Cockrell!