where is the clinton-dix talk?

I thought for sure someone would say something..

Ask yourself would you feel better with Searcy/Duke Williams at FS or Chandler at TE or Hughes at DE or Pears at RT...which sounds the worse?

I could see a scenario where Buffalo trades down, getting a 2nd or 3rd and drafting Ha Ha...then addressing the other needs (TE, RT, RE and depth in other rounds)

Safety has the least amount of depth in this draft.

If we trade into the teens it opens up a ton of flexibility- there'd be few positions that I'd call off limits if we had 16, 41 and 48 (just picked random numbers didnt target a team).

If one of those ended up safety, or running back to round out a group with a tackle, tight end, or DE or such i wouldn't be upset.

No thanks . This team has much bigger fish to fry then taking Dix. There should be multiple positions with better players then Dix available.

I'd rather have Calvin Pryor if they were going to go that route anyways. Watching tape on him almost makes me want to grab him against my rational mind. Pryor is a thumper who would add some more nastiness to this defense to go along with Spikes.

Still, unless Mack or Clowney are there, they need to get help for the offense in the 1st round

They havent been drafting safeties, and corners-turned-safeties, for years now, . . . and letting Byrd walk, if they were gonna draft yet another Safety.

If your Safety is involved in the play, run or pass, it usually means your front 7 failed.

I think they want pass rush. To make the corners/safeties look a lot better. Part of the reason for the move to Kiko outside. And part of the reason to let Byrd walk. Improve the rush, and you can find a Safety to catch fly-balls for a fraction of Byrd's price.

Edited by maddenboy

If we trade into the teens it opens up a ton of flexibility- there'd be few positions that I'd call off limits if we had 16, 41 and 48 (just picked random numbers didnt target a team).

If one of those ended up safety, or running back to round out a group with a tackle, tight end, or DE or such i wouldn't be upset.

I agree...Safety enters the conversation at least in a trade down...Still don't think they'll do it...But it is a possibility... B-)

Corey Graham.

This is most likely the answer. No safeties on the pre-draft visit list but there are 6 corners, so its pretty fair to assume that the plan is to move Graham and/or maybe Brooks to safety like Aaron Williams last year.

I think the bills are going to be playing the three cornerbacks and one safety defense.

Yes, this is more likely the route. Think about it- teams line up with 3 wider receivers, why should one of them be guarded by a safety, whose profile is not primarily pass defense? If anything we will draft another cornerback. We had visits from 3 cornerbacks, who are likely to be picked around our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks and then 3 more who are 5th rounders. With the higher needs at DE, ROT and LB, I suspect that the first 3 are smokescreen or "chum" (a fishing term) to entice teams to trade up to our picks and we will take our CB in the fifth round.

I think its just that most people don't want a safety, so they're not talking about it much. I think its a valid possibility, though, especially if they trade down. As I said yesterday, I think they're going to want a run defender in the first two rounds, and while I think LDE is more likely, a run support safety isn't out of the question in R1 if they think he's clearly better than what they have. If they do pick one, though, I think its more likely to be Calvin Pryor.

Ask yourself would you feel better with Searcy/Duke Williams at FS or Chandler at TE or Hughes at DE or Pears at RT...which sounds the worse?

I could see a scenario where Buffalo trades down, getting a 2nd or 3rd and drafting Ha Ha...then addressing the other needs (TE, RT, RE and depth in other rounds)

Levy and Jauron are discussing this as we speak. They are at a local suburban Chicago bakery having tea and crumpets. Right now they are wondering how much it would cost to trade up for him.

Searcy can handle it. There are always undrafted FA secondary guys we bring into camp and alot of those guys pan out. Ala Robey! Drafting a FS @9 is daft.

Bottom line: The Bills FO SHOULD have re-signed Byrd last year NEVER franchising him to begin with, and you wouldn't even be posting this.

I should have said I wasn't a fan of drafting Ha Ha...in fact, Joyner, despite is lack of height, will end up being the best FS from this draft, if he lasts till the third, I'd have no issue drafting him.

What's the deal with all these kids with hyphenated last names? Are they married women???

Also, what's the deal with ovalteen?

Not sure. Just be sure to drink it.

I have a 4-year $16 million with $8.1 million guaranteed reason why there isn't Clinton-Dix talk. His name is Corey Graham. They also have Searcy and Williams in the mix at the same position. I just don't see it happening.

Corey Graham.

Yep !

I think the bills are going to be playing the three cornerbacks and one safety defense.

We have enough safeties to relax about them.

two who have played corner back .

One who plays short range very well in Searcy .

If Duke Williams shows up ? Bills might be in good shape back there !

Duke Williams is our guy. Sources told me John Wayne gave his stamp of approval. Maybe it was alcohol and not sources....anywho, onward and upward.

I hope your source is correct :thumbsup:

I agree...Safety enters the conversation at least in a trade down...Still don't think they'll do it...But it is a possibility... B-)

The RB position should come ahead of safety in the " needs" category i think