Is Stevie expendable now that we got Williams?

Incorrect.

correct

Right now, Stevie Johnson is not expendable. Stevie is still the #1 receiver on this team. Woods is expected to pass him, but when? It could be in training camp or it could be next year. Williams has a lot of baggage with him. You've got to see whether he gets his act together before making a commitment with him.

Even if Stevie does get passed on the depth chart, I'd ask him about restructuring his deal before cutting him. Losing talent at WR is not what the team needs.

well spoken

Yes, and I don't want to bog up this thread with TJ Graham stuff.

TJ Graham has a number of threads about him, and a lot of studies done on his play. Over half the throws made to him were poorly thrown and deemed uncatchable. The other half were seldom that good anyway and not between the numbers or in the zone.

http://www.buffaloru...place-tj-graham Here you can go view every ball thrown to TJ Graham. Watch how often he was wide open and didn't even get a look because the QB didn't look, didn't have time, didn't take time, didn't try, whatever.

Graham is not horrible.

okay one more season but thats it . He also has been thrown to wide open and looked confused. Maybe it was surpised ?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If his production drops way off as it always seems to do when a Bills player does well & then signs a decent contract then trade him but don't just do what they usually do & drop them so the team has to suffer with the left over of the contract monies to be paid .

Because the only ones that suffer with that action is the team . Their cap takes a hit like the deal with Fitz & others then the team doesn't have all it need at it disposal to make the team better !!

Did anyone listen to Sal on 'GR today? He interviewed the publisher of Pewter Report, the Bucs version of Bills Digest. The stuff he said about MW makes me feel like there's a 5% chance he'll still be on the roster by season's end. Getting rid of SJ, who looks like boy scout compared to MW, would be suicide.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It happens every year. So I dont need to go to deep into this discussion again. I will only wait until he drops a crucial ball. Last year it happened in game 1 against the Pats and later against the Falcons. ( but hey, he got 1000 yards and a bunch of meaningless TDs, and who can forget that one handed grab: ) His drops are habitual and habits are hard to let go! CHEERS.

Stevie could not be reached for comment- he is to involved in the off season workout progam.

Pretty sure I saw a picture of Stevie, Andre and Marrone in Buffalo yesterday - doesn't seem like Stevie is going anywhere...

okay one more season but thats it . He also has been thrown to wide open and looked confused. Maybe it was surpised ?

That's funny, right there.

I really think that is why he did that jump ball catch last year. I think he turned and shat he pants when he realized "wow, they're throwing me the ball, wtf."

Williams hasn't proven himself here yet. SJ ran for 1000 yds three years in a row with an injury year last year. What is the obsession with the guy who schooled Revis Island for three years. I just do not understand it. Why get rid of your best WR? Williams has done nothing yet.

Cut Stone hands Graham and Hogan. A 4 WR set with Williams and Goodwin on th e outside and SJ and Woods on the inside should be potent.

Regarding the threads for Evans, we just answered that with this acquisition. The news out of Tampa is claiming Evans will go to Tampa now as Watkins will get picked in the top 6.

Now we can pick Ebron or a RT. I would rather have Ebron as a stud along with Chandler, and a RT, and G in rounds 2 and 3. Rds 4 and 5 we can take the BPA hopefully a decent RB and LB. I love Fred but he is getting older so groom a young stud. The only last problem is a DE. Not sure what to do there. Maybe Hughes and Lawson could fill that hole.

Why is Chris Hogan on the team, or in the NFL for that matter? I don't see it. :

I'm not trying to get rid of him but I don't see how we are going to be able to use both of these WRs effectively. I read earlier that this trade may be an indicator that the Bills may want to get rid of Stevie. Cutting him isn't a solution because it would only be a savings of about $25,000.00 against the cap.

Since when do teams keep and continue to pay players just because they won't gain a lot of space under the salary cap?

They might not save money under the salary cap but they would save actual money by not having to pay his salary if they did cut him.

Edited by Max997

That's funny, right there.

I really think that is why he did that jump ball catch last year. I think he turned and shat he pants when he realized "wow, they're throwing me the ball, wtf."

I really should do the NFL Rewind and watch him .

As much as i bash him I really hope the third season is the charm and he can step up. I expect better more focused WR coaching from Moore starting this off season .

Stevie aint goin anywhere folks unless he flops this year . He needs to work out with manuel like he did with Fitz though. Those guys created a great relationship on the field .

Sure is nice to be discussing all these options though .

Go Bills

It happens every year. So I dont need to go to deep into this discussion again. I will only wait until he drops a crucial ball. Last year it happened in game 1 against the Pats and later against the Falcons. ( but hey, he got 1000 yards and a bunch of meaningless TDs, and who can forget that one handed grab: ) His drops are habitual and habits are hard to let go! CHEERS.

How do you make your roster better? Do you do it by improving talent, or do you do it by cutting talent?

You do not make your team better by filling one hole and creating another. Enough of that nonsense. If Williams is able to clean up his act and he performs well then that's a good thing. Because this team has no cap issues the worst WR's on the roster should be cut after getting a look in camp. I doubt very seriously that Johnson will be one of the worst WRs on the roster.

Quit worrying about what he makes. You aren't paying his salary. Cut the worst, keep the best.

i really can't understand why anyone would want to cut stevie right now. mike williams is nothing more than a gamble right now, we are all hoping that in his homecoming, he experiences an epiphany and realizes his potential as a football player and a human being. but even if that happens, as many here have already stated, you cut from the bottom of the depth chart and not the top. as a lone wide receiver is stevie the best in the league, probably not. can he be a strong contributor to a very good group of offensive weapons, i think the answer is most definitely yes.

No way, even if Woods emerges as a legit receiver and Williams returns to his past form (Solid number 2 WR) we could and would need Stevie. Stevie could be a killer out of the slot esp if there are two outside targets that are legit and depending on the draft a tight end worth keying on.

No way, even if Woods emerges as a legit receiver and Williams returns to his past form (Solid number 2 WR) we could and would need Stevie. Stevie could be a killer out of the slot esp if there are two outside targets that are legit and depending on the draft a tight end worth keying on.

More talent (threats ) makes everyone better. This is what the Bills are trying to accomplish it seems

so

Go Bills