Is Stevie expendable now that we got Williams?

As Beerball very aptly put it, "He's had his moments, good and bad." In fact, along with his "2 crucial drops," SJ has had some amazing catches. He also remains our most productive wide receiver. That's pretty hard to deny. Why wouldn't you accept that? If you were arguing rationally, you would admit that statistically demonstrable fact. And then, maybe you would come up with some plausible reason why we should get rid of our best wide receiver, or why three consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons were somehow made up of "meaningless yards."

I won't hold my breath.

dont worry. He'll never understand it. He's too busy being pissed off because he either lost a bet or Stevie banged the only girlfriend he ever had.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie Johnson might be a bit of a flake but he's getting better and more matured. But when I read the interviews with Mike Williams, he comes across as a totally immature jerk. He was speaking about his former and current coach, and called him Marrone, and talked about how Marrone and he both made mistakes, like Williams is some equal to Marrone. Sorry buddy, you might acknowledge you have some growing up to do, but you're more correct about that than you realize. Johnson might indeed be on the way out, but Williams gets really expensive after this year, and I'll bet a nickel he wears out his welcome in the locker room and on the field this year.

Stevie Johnson might be a bit of a flake but he's getting better and more matured. But when I read the interviews with Mike Williams, he comes across as a totally immature jerk. He was speaking about his former and current coach, and called him Marrone, and talked about how Marrone and he both made mistakes, like Williams is some equal to Marrone. Sorry buddy, you might acknowledge you have some growing up to do, but you're more correct about that than you realize. Johnson might indeed be on the way out, but Williams gets really expensive after this year, and I'll bet a nickel he wears out his welcome in the locker room and on the field this year.

Well lets hope not .

I think it's too early to call him out . Wasn't thrilled with any of his interviews or press meetings.

But the process has just started . And i will side with hopeful

I said the same thing.

No, no, no!!!

Why not have them both? What's the problem work having 2 good players at that position?

There is no problem. After so many crappy rosters, some fans incorrectly assume there is a limit to the number of good players you are allowed to have at one position. This is not true. We should draft Evans and have 4 good WR's! (SJ, Williams, Woods, Evans, perhaps even Goodwin!)

There is no problem. After so many crappy rosters, some fans incorrectly assume there is a limit to the number of good players you are allowed to have at one position. This is not true. We should draft Evans and have 4 good WR's! (SJ, Williams, Woods, Evans, perhaps even Goodwin!)

not sold on Evans but yes. Agree with the general thought process.

not sold on Evans but yes. Agree with the general thought process.

With the addition of Williams, Evans seems like overkill for a team that really isn't going to air it out.

We have Williams & Woods as our outside guys and Stevie in the slot. They are quite high on Goodwin & just spent a 3rd on Graham.

I just don't see where Evans gets the snaps to warrant the 9th overall pick. I feel like TE would have more of an impact & they can get a very good one in the 2nd.

BUT, if they truly feel Evans is an elite prospect & has Megatron light written on him, I won't argue.

I just feel like after the acquisition of Williams, we are set at WR. I don't see them running too many 5 WR sets. On the other hand, Chandler really isn't a left starting TE. Much better suited in TE2 role.

With the addition of Williams, Evans seems like overkill for a team that really isn't going to air it out.

We have Williams & Woods as our outside guys and Stevie in the slot. They are quite high on Goodwin & just spent a 3rd on Graham.

I just don't see where Evans gets the snaps to warrant the 9th overall pick. I feel like TE would have more of an impact & they can get a very good one in the 2nd.

BUT, if they truly feel Evans is an elite prospect & has Megatron light written on him, I won't argue.

I just feel like after the acquisition of Williams, we are set at WR. I don't see them running too many 5 WR sets. On the other hand, Chandler really isn't a left starting TE. Much better suited in TE2 role.

i agree with everything 100% except Chandler. I personally think he's a starting TE, and a pretty good one. That does t mean I wouldn't love Ebron or Jenkins though. But yes on Evans. If they happen to think he's a dominant talent then who am I to argue, but I just don't see it and if your not 100% sure that he's going to be amazing , then you pass because your already pretty full.

i agree with everything 100% except Chandler. I personally think he's a starting TE, and a pretty good one. That does t mean I wouldn't love Ebron or Jenkins though. But yes on Evans. If they happen to think he's a dominant talent then who am I to argue, but I just don't see it and if your not 100% sure that he's going to be amazing , then you pass because your already pretty full.

Chandler definitely had production but also had a lot of costly mistakes. I frankly don't trust him if the game is on the line. I like him a lot better as a TE2 then the starter.

I also feel like a TE will provide a lot more impact in this offense then a WR would. I don't see them rolling out 4 & 5 WR sets very often. A top tier TE could come in and have a chance to win starting job. Whether they want explosive, receiving threat in ASJ or the more traditional, inline blocked in Niklas; either of them will provide a major impact off the bat.

I'm desperate to make the playoffs this season; not just improve to 8-8. F that. 15 years is enough. Get Manuel a revamped line to keep him upright & give him time and see if he is the answer. Williams was a great pickup with 25 TDs in less then 4 seasons & then a TE like ASJ or Niklas would add yet another redzone weapon