Is Stevie expendable now that we got Williams?

I just posted an article which talked about 2 crucial drops and a stupid penalty against the Jets. This is only 1 of the many examples. The dude isn't clutch. Mediocrity has gotten the best of you guys. Just cuz he wears a Bills Jersey doesn't mean he is HOF material! The bills haven't made the playoffs with him but could have gotten a lot better had he caught some crucial passes.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You talking about me or you?

But if you want the last word cuz it makes you feel better, Go ahead!

ok,

But I know that your only allowing me to have the last word because you'll just bring Stevie Johnson and how he should cut in another thread in... 3...2...1...

Edited by mrags

I just posted an article which talked about 2 crucial drops and a stupid penalty against the Jets. This is only 1 of the many examples. The dude isn't clutch. Mediocrity has gotten the best of you guys. Just cuz he wears a Bills Jersey doesn't mean he is HOF material! The bills haven't made the playoffs with him but could have gotten a lot better had he caught some crucial passes.

He's had his moments, good and bad. I don't think anyone here has fitted him for a baby diarrhea yellow jacket.

And, just think, if he had played better the Bills would not have had the benefit of all these high draft picks. You really should be down on your knees thanking Stevie for making your team stronger in the long run.

Any WR who leads their team in receiving yards will have dropped balls. That two of them came at crucial times is not proof of a player not being clutch. Honestly, the idea that a WR with multiple 1,000 yards seasons (under poor QB play to boot) can't play under pressure is a pretty hard sell. And, while SJ only posted 597 receiving yards last season ("meaningless" yards, I assume), guess who posted more? A: Nobody.

I'll say it again: the idea that we should cut our best WR because he isn't best enough is bizarre.

You two are comedy.

Why let SJ go when there is no financial real penalty this year. Let it play MW, SJ, RW, MG, and our two RB's, with SC at TE, and maybe we actually catch a break on Moeaki, and he is finally healthy.

Dump Graham please!

Get our top flight RT, and then build in the following rounds.

Hey all kidding aside, I appreciate both of your opinions for Mrags and Curitiba.

Go Bills!

Any WR who leads their team in receiving yards will have dropped balls. That two of them came at crucial times is not proof of a player not being clutch. Honestly, the idea that a WR with multiple 1,000 yards seasons (under poor QB play to boot) can't play under pressure is a pretty hard sell. And, while SJ only posted 597 receiving yards last season ("meaningless" yards, I assume), guess who posted more? A: Nobody.

I'll say it again: the idea that we should cut our best WR because he isn't best enough is bizarre.

Can you please answer the definition of clutch for me. Also a so called Average Tight End had more receiving yards than SJ!

Can you please answer the definition of clutch for me. Also a so called Average Tight End had more receiving yards than SJ!

can you answer the definition for "meaningless yards" for us??? Because last I checked, all stats meant something in the NFL especially based off your opinion of an "average tight end".

just to make it clear Mr.Rags. I am not answering anything you wrote since you got the last word. BUT.... Do you know how to interpret things? I am saying that people HERE call Chandler average...I DONT. I think he is great...HENCE the INPUT of SO CALLED! Also, if you read above, you will see my definition of MEANINGLESS STATS! Sometimes I wonder if you were part of the Bush administration and was LEFT BEHIND!

I do stand corrected: Scott Chandler had more receiving yards than SJ last season.

To answer your question, I would define "clutch" as the ability to perform well under pressure, as when the team you are playing for is trailing. Like, in November, 2010, when Stevie had a 137-yard, three touchdown game in which the Bills came from behind to beat the Bengals 49-31-- the very week before Stevie's now-famous overtime drop against the Steelers, in which, I have to assume (judging by your demeanor), you lost money.

thats 2 PPP references in this thread alone. I say a closed thread and a month long ban are in effect. Not to mention the constant calling of names, and bullying.

I recommend your month long ban for antagonizing! Go in the history of this thread and see how many times you posted after me! Id say you are stalking me. Beerball, please do something about this.

I do stand corrected: Scott Chandler had more receiving yards than SJ last season.

To answer your question, I would define "clutch" as the ability to perform well under pressure, as when the team you are playing for is trailing. Like, in November, 2010, when Stevie had a 137-yard, three touchdown game in which the Bills came from behind to beat the Bengals 49-31-- the very week before Stevie's now-famous overtime drop against the Steelers, in which, I have to assume (judging by your demeanor), you lost money.

You are joking right? You really believe Stevie is a clutch performer? Please tell me you are just pulling my leg.

I recommend your month long ban for antagonizing! Go in the history of this thread and see how many times you posted after me! Id say you are stalking me. Beerball, please do something about this.

yeah. Don't worry. I already have it documented about your harassment.

Not to mention how many times yiu e posted after I have. Have fun with that.

Edited by mrags

You are joking right? You really believe Stevie is a clutch performer? Please tell me you are just pulling my leg.

As Beerball very aptly put it, "He's had his moments, good and bad." In fact, along with his "2 crucial drops," SJ has had some amazing catches. He also remains our most productive wide receiver. That's pretty hard to deny. Why wouldn't you accept that? If you were arguing rationally, you would admit that statistically demonstrable fact. And then, maybe you would come up with some plausible reason why we should get rid of our best wide receiver, or why three consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons were somehow made up of "meaningless yards."

I won't hold my breath.

As Beerball very aptly put it, "He's had his moments, good and bad." In fact, along with his "2 crucial drops," SJ has had some amazing catches. He also remains our most productive wide receiver. That's pretty hard to deny. Why wouldn't you accept that? If you were arguing rationally, you would admit that statistically demonstrable fact. And then, maybe you would come up with some plausible reason why we should get rid of our best wide receiver, or why three consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons were somehow made up of "meaningless yards."

I won't hold my breath.

Dude, How many does it take? For me, the last straw was against the Falcons. At the start of the season was against the Pats in the fourth quarter. The year before that, the stupid penalties and the Jets game. The year before that against the Steelers. Whatever floats your boat brother. Im done with this hack, but since you love crucial pain, enjoy it again this year. Its like Sylvester Stallone Movies: There is always a sequel!

Dude, How many does it take? For me, the last straw was against the Falcons. At the start of the season was against the Pats in the fourth quarter. The year before that, the stupid penalties and the Jets game. The year before that against the Steelers. Whatever floats your boat brother. Im done with this hack, but since you love crucial pain, enjoy it again this year. Its like Sylvester Stallone Movies: There is always a sequel!

Fair enough. Edited by Rocky Landing