RIP Ralph Wilson

Finally got the text I was dreading but knew was inevitable, hard to believe this day is finally upon us....

Thanks for all youve done for Western New York Mr. Wilson, and the memories(proud as well as the painful) your investment has provided me and the rest of the Bills Nation faithful.

R.I.P and God Bless

:cry:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got the text I was dreading but knew was inevitable, hard to believe this day is finally upon us....

Thanks for all youve done for Western New York Mr. Wilson, and the memories(proud as well as the painful) your investment has provided me and the rest of the Bills Nation faithful.

R.I.P and God Bless

:cry:

I feel you on that text. I would think some times when all my devices would alert and wonder before I picked them up.

This moment, it was the tablet going twice (BB App, NFL App), my phone 3 times (ESPN Text, BB App, NFL App), and my laptop pulling up TBD at the same time. I knew.

So who knew this:

He was a commander on a mine sweeper, which is a wooden boat waiting to be blown up," said Joe Horrigan, vice president of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which enshrined Wilson in 2009. "He was one of the early responders after Pearl Harbor was attacked. He was at Hiroshima after the bomb. He was on the Missouri when the Japanese surrender took place. And he would never, ever talk about it.

R.I.P., Mr. Wilson. Thanks for all you did for the community, the league, and for bringing professional football to WNY. And a heartfelt thanks from three generations of Bills fans from my father, to me, to my sons. Beyond my family, the Bills have been my lifelong passion and I thank you for that, sir. It truly is the historic end of an era. Godspeed. You will be missed.

(Nice job with the header change, SDS. Classy touch)

Edited by ExWNYer

What a sad day. I've been dreading this for so long, it's hard to believe it's here. This is a tough one to take.

Such a difficult time to be a Bills fan.

RIP Mr. Wilson. Without him none of us would ever be here and none of this camaraderie we have would have ever happened.

So who knew this:

He was a commander on a mine sweeper, which is a wooden boat waiting to be blown up," said Joe Horrigan, vice president of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which enshrined Wilson in 2009. "He was one of the early responders after Pearl Harbor was attacked. He was at Hiroshima after the bomb. He was on the Missouri when the Japanese surrender took place. And he would never, ever talk about it.

Wow! What places he has been and what memories he had. Thanks for posting this info.

He appeared to have lived a great, and full life. Obviously a man with "vision" and courage, and I salute him for his accomplishments.

I didn't know him personally, only as a prominent public figure, but I'm glad I got to share some time on Earth with Ralph Wilson, and appreciate his great contributions to my community, and country. In my mind he is a historical figure, who played a huge role in a pastime of my youth, and lives on in my memory...what more can you ask of someone you have never met?

It's funny, so many people talk about change of ownership and everything else wrong with this franchise. But now that it's actually happened, I don't know what to feel.

It's surreal. Overwhelming. And honestly a little scary. Between this and what's happening with Jim, just not good things happening

I feel the same way.

But RIP Mr. Wilson, and "thank you" for your commitment to our community and the contribution to the quality of life (and fun) in WNY

Like so many others, the Buffalo Bills have been an integral part of my life and that of my family - from my father, to me, to my sons. We have Mr. Wilson to thank for that. His vision, his dedication, and his commitment. He understood, perhaps better than anyone, the special bond his team shared with the community.

RIP Mr. Wilson, and thank you.