Byrd is a Saint

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well. Time to move on. They must have used voodoo to fit him under their cap. The Bills made a good offer. It just sucks that they might have missed out on some of the other safeties available while this drama was playing out. I hope Byrd's feet feel better now. !@#$.

I think the saints are going to have to pay him in beads.

They were up against the salary cap and still gotta sign Jimmy Graham unless they traded him for pics to another team.

I think the saints are going to have to pay him in beads.

They were up against the salary cap and still gotta sign Jimmy Graham unless they traded him for pics to another team.

Funny how quickly they agreed.

wow vaccaro / byrd may be the best safety pair in the game

On paper it's great. Everyone thought TB had the best secondary in the NFL last offseason too. Didn't work out too well.

And as good as Rex Ryan is, I think his brother is completely overrated. Still, they look really good.

Oh well. Time to move on. They must have used voodoo to fit him under their cap. The Bills made a good offer. It just sucks that they might have missed out on some of the other safeties available while this drama was playing out. I hope Byrd's feet feel better now. !@#$.

Anyone who thought there was still a chance Byrd would be playing for the Bills next year was kidding themselves so let's not play the blame game

With as quick as the other safety's signed there was obviously no chance the Bills would sign them and likely no interest on their part to do so either

Edited by Max997

I find it interesting how the saints are going to build this team.

It looks like they think they can use a bunch of bargain scrubs at every skill position on offense, except QB and TE.

Then, on defense, you pair two superior safeties with an otherwise pretty young and average defense. (Not sure about who else the saints have on defense after the purge?).

I have a feeling they have a lot of faith in their schemes and their QB.

No doubt man, just hard to see another valuable piece walk for nothing.

Def sucks. Of all the guys we lost, I thought Byrd was one of the most legit players. He's probably the best ballhawk the bills have had.

But we took a slow, 2nd round pick cb and made him into Byrd. Hopefully, we can do it again (Aaron Williams is kinda doing that now).

Well...

The Panthers are my #2 team...More interest in those two games now...I hope Cam runs Byrd over a few times...

Congrats and good luck Jairus...You got out of Buffalo...it's what you wanted...Good for you bro... :thumbsup:

Bottom line is that we have lost Levitre and Byrd in consecutive years with no replacements (yet) for either one and no compensation. No matter how you feel about these players or the money they received from their new teams, still really hurts the Bills.

I would be worried as a saints fan. This seems like reckless spending.

Fans don't worry about salary cap & the future. It's all about making a big splash. Byrd is a big splash. But you're right. They going to be in rough shape in a few years. But they are trying to win with Brees now. Can't fault them for that.

And Graham should definitely threaten a holdout.