Byrd is a Saint

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting how the saints are going to build this team.

It looks like they think they can use a bunch of bargain scrubs at every skill position on offense, except QB and TE.

Then, on defense, you pair two superior safeties with an otherwise pretty young and average defense. (Not sure about who else the saints have on defense after the purge?).

I have a feeling they have a lot of faith in their schemes and their QB.

Akiem hicks is a very good 34 end, keenen Lewis was signed to be the #1 corner and played well. Victor butler and Kenyon Coleman were signed last year to be starters in rob Ryan's scheme and were hurt and now healthy. Curtis lofton is an excellent MLB. John Jenkins has looked good at NT.

On offense they love khiry Robinson, and Ingram played better down the stretch then most realize the receivers are stills and colston (same as last year)... 2 probowl guards. Terron armstsad looked promising at LT though a bit raw out of the gate....

The doom and gloom is highly overstated by people that haven't actually followed the roster construction

I said 6 for 55 mil with 25 mil guaranteed to the Eagles. Would have never guessed NO.

@AdamSchefter: Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed

Pretty good guess. Byrd going to the Saints was surprising.

Akiem hicks is a very good 34 end, keenen Lewis was signed to be the #1 corner and played well. Victor butler and Kenyon Coleman were signed last year to be starters in rob Ryan's scheme and were hurt and now healthy. Curtis lofton is an excellent MLB. John Jenkins has looked good at NT.

On offense they love khiry Robinson, and Ingram played better down the stretch then most realize the receivers are stills and colston (same as last year)... 2 probowl guards. Terron armstsad looked promising at LT though a bit raw out of the gate....

The doom and gloom is highly overstated by people that haven't actually followed the roster construction

Agreed they got some players, even if Ryan is completely overrated.

Jimmy Graham could throw a giant monkey wrench into things if he wants. I'd be pissed if I was him. They are trying to penny pinch on him & just paid a free agent a ton of money. I would be so pissed.

I would think keeping sproles and making jimmy happy would have been a better strategy... Odd deal to say the least

Sproles will be 32 and production slipped last year (just 2 tds and 1 was the corner misplaying the ball and Sproles walking in). They are trading him, which is probably a smart move long term (and possibly short)

They can still sign graham

Edited by NoSaint

Agreed they got some players, even if Ryan is completely overrated.

Jimmy Graham could throw a giant monkey wrench into things if he wants. I'd be pissed if I was him. They are trying to penny pinch on him & just paid a free agent a ton of money. I would be so pissed.

I suspect it's not quite as sour with graham. Notice he hadn't filed his grievance? Something will get done for him. Just like brees shouldn't have been upset when they were signing free agents and he was tagged.

I suspect it's not quite as sour with graham. Notice he hadn't filed his grievance? Something will get done for him. Just like brees shouldn't have been upset when they were signing free agents and he was tagged.

You may be NoSaint, but Jairus Byrd is. :lol:

Unless you are a total homer, you can not see this as anything but total ineptitude on the Bills part. Anyone with a brain knew he was going to get paid top dollar. Nix decided two years ago he wasn't going to pay Byrd when he drafted those two safeties. And now his little disciple let the plan play out.

If you are standing behind the Bills you are choosing Buddy Nix's judgment over Sean Payton's and Mickey Loomis'? I will trust the guys that have actually won in this league.

Total bush league. Bills simply can not compete.

What a dumb deal for NO!. My guess is it's a 3 year deal for $28 M and the Saints will have buyers remorse in 2015. He'll be released in 2017. Today's free agent winners are tomorrows losers.

Unless you are a total homer, you can not see this as anything but total ineptitude on the Bills part. Anyone with a brain knew he was going to get paid top dollar. Nix decided two years ago he wasn't going to pay Byrd when he drafted those two safeties. And now his little disciple let the plan play out.

If you are standing behind the Bills you are choosing Buddy Nix's judgment over Sean Payton's and Mickey Loomis'? I will trust the guys that have actually won in this league.

Total bush league. Bills simply can not compete.

wah…..

Why wouldn't N.O. just sign Jenkins if they wanted to spend big money on a safety.

Puzzling

Cause Jenkins wasn't a very good safety by comparison- totally average would be an accurate description of his play. He missed a lot of tackles and dropped a lot of balls. Byrds MUCH better.