Byrd is a Saint

Bottom line is that we have lost Levitre and Byrd in consecutive years with no replacements (yet) for either one and no compensation. No matter how you feel about these players or the money they received from their new teams, still really hurts the Bills.

I really didn't care about Levitre. He's overrated here. But Byrd was a legit pro bowler. But if you're replacing two positions - G & S should be the 2 easiest.

Hopefully, we have a better plan than Colin freakin' Brown this time.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...

The Panthers are my #2 team...More interest in those two games now...I hope Cam runs Byrd over a few times...

Congrats and good luck Jairus...You got out of Buffalo...it's what you wanted...Good for you bro... :thumbsup:

jairus will dance out of cams way.....anyone know buffalos actual offer or no ?

Huuuuuuuge pickup for saints if his ole plantar f doesn't act up.

to me, this deal screams "drew brees is 35! we're all in on the next few years before our window closes!"

I would think keeping sproles and making jimmy happy would have been a better strategy... Odd deal to say the least

If I was a Player of Byrd's caliber, I would want to get the hell out of Buffalo as well. Good luck Byrd. At least you'll be on a team that might make the playoffs.

BTW. I love the Bills, but they suck!

Edited by KGun12TD

Bottom line is that we have lost Levitre and Byrd in consecutive years with no replacements (yet) for either one and no compensation. No matter how you feel about these players or the money they received from their new teams, still really hurts the Bills.

I disagree....its no that simple....in order to keep levitre, we would have had to pay him around what the titans paid him....as good as levitre is, that would have been a mistake. Rather that is true for Byrd remains to be seen. I have said before, if I am given the choice between extending Williams or Byrd, I would have kept Williams ....so we have the right safety........this team just needs a QB....that's the only thing holding this team back.....We haven't had a good QB since Drew Bledsoe's first year here.

@Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m

Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

I'm not saying this as a hater...I felt the same way with the Bills deal...Byrd likely wont see years 5 and 6 of that deal...But it's still probably more than the $30 million the Bills offered over the first three...So... B-)

I find it interesting how the saints are going to build this team.

It looks like they think they can use a bunch of bargain scrubs at every skill position on offense, except QB and TE.

Then, on defense, you pair two superior safeties with an otherwise pretty young and average defense. (Not sure about who else the saints have on defense after the purge?).

I have a feeling they have a lot of faith in their schemes and their QB.

Who did they actually purge on defense that they will miss from last years team? Vilma played in one game and made one tackle. Will Smith tore his ACL in August and Jabari Greer started 10 games before breaking his leg.

On offense they still have Colston and Stills who they drafted last year and played very well for a rookie. Mark Ingram looked pretty good at RB at the end of the year and the rookie RB whose name escapes me

I don't think the Saints are in as bad a shape as you think