Byrd is a Saint

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are a total homer, you can not see this as anything but total ineptitude on the Bills part. Anyone with a brain knew he was going to get paid top dollar. Nix decided two years ago he wasn't going to pay Byrd when he drafted those two safeties. And now his little disciple let the plan play out.

If you are standing behind the Bills you are choosing Buddy Nix's judgment over Sean Payton's and Mickey Loomis'? I will trust the guys that have actually won in this league.

Total bush league. Bills simply can not compete.

You mad bro?

I wish Byrd the best and good for the Saints. I still feel the Bills should have used the franchise tag on Byrd, but no point complaining about it now. It is amazing how good teams find ways of acquiring talent. Like San Fran trading for Bolden last year for next to nothing. Now the Saints finding a way to sign Byrd. I wish the Bills were making similar moves.

Unless you are a total homer, you can not see this as anything but total ineptitude on the Bills part. Anyone with a brain knew he was going to get paid top dollar. Nix decided two years ago he wasn't going to pay Byrd when he drafted those two safeties. And now his little disciple let the plan play out.

If you are standing behind the Bills you are choosing Buddy Nix's judgment over Sean Payton's and Mickey Loomis'? I will trust the guys that have actually won in this league.

I disagree. Time will tell, but good franchises stick to their guns when it comes to paying for players. Byrd was good. I liked him. But we consistently got torched by good TEs and he wasn't much help in the run game. I'm surprised the saints didn't see this after they had a firsthand look at an injured Jimmy Graham burn the bills secondary for 2 TDs in limited action this past year b

Byrd will be a great weapon for NO. He turns the ball over better than any other S in the league and better than most CB's. When you turn the ball over and give a QB like Brees a short field they turn into points quickly. This signing will be a very fruitful one for the Saints, IMO. And for everyone saying he won't see all 6 years, you're probably right, and the Saints really don't give a crap. All the guaranteed money will be paid out within the first 3 years, and this is a team that has a 2-3 year window to win another championship with Brees. Years 4-6 are just window dressing. We lost a great S today, who deserves to be paid at the top of the market, and the Saints gained one. It's really that simple.

We lost Byrd which totally sucks and this team is worse for it. If the Bills are going to rely on the draft alone to add high quality starters at positions of need, it will easily be year 15. If they sign a couple of average to above average players I think I might throw up. We just lost a top 5 player in the league at his position. We right now we have nobody at LG, RT, TE and need a big wideout on offense. Not to mention how thin the depth is on the offensive line even if we add two starters. We also need a run stuffing LB. This team has a lot of holes and I get the feeling when all is said and done, we will be at least 15 million under the cap.

Edited by Proteus

What in Gods name are you talking about? I feel like only a "homer" would get this upset about not signing someone who made it clear that they didn't want to sign, lol. While we're at it I'd like to show my anger at the Bills for not forcing Petine to stay too, also how dare they let Schobel retire. Does this front office have any clue?! Idiots!

What a dumb deal for NO!. My guess is it's a 3 year deal for $28 M and the Saints will have buyers remorse in 2015. He'll be released in 2017. Today's free agent winners are tomorrows losers.

wah…..

Who cares about the Saints? It's the Bills that look like fools right now. The Jags turned Blaine Gabbert into a 6th round pick, meanwhile the Bills let a 3 time pro-bowl asset walk out the door to a title contender without getting anything in return. The Bills lost today, and loudly.

I disagree. Time will tell, but good franchises stick to their guns when it comes to paying for players. Byrd was good. I liked him. But we consistently got torched by good TEs and he wasn't much help in the run game. I'm surprised the saints didn't see this after they had a firsthand look at an injured Jimmy Graham burn the bills secondary for 2 TDs in limited action this past year b

If I recall Hughes was covering him on one of the plays.... No?

What a dumb deal for NO!. My guess is it's a 3 year deal for $28 M and the Saints will have buyers remorse in 2015. He'll be released in 2017. Today's free agent winners are tomorrows losers.

wah…..

If they win the SB, it's great move. But long term, it will hurt them. They end up cutting him for nothing like Julius Peppers just did.

But when you have a Hall of Fame qb, you probably should go the short term.

What in Gods name are you talking about? I feel like only a "homer" would get this upset about not signing someone who made it clear that they didn't want to sign, lol. While we're at it I'd like to show my anger at the Bills for not forcing Petine to stay too, also how dare they let Schobel retire. Does this front office have any clue?! Idiots!

When you have the tag and are willing to pay the guy more than the tag amount.... It's a bit odd they wouldn't actually tag him but.... Oh well....

Now I have to listen to all of these people tell me how great he is in NOLA. This is going to be frustrating.

Watching the saints DBs, they are definitely coached to go low. Like target knees. It's borderline dirty, they never try to form tackle they all just go helmet first at knees.

I wonder how Byrd is going to adjust to that system.

Who cares about the Saints? It's the Bills that look like fools right now. The Jags turned Blaine Gabbert into a 6th round pick, meanwhile the Bills let a 3 time pro-bowl asset walk out the door to a title contender without getting anything in return. The Bills lost today, and loudly.

Technically, they lost last season. They probably should have dealt him around the last draft, or to a desperate contender in the middle of last season, to try to get a player into the system sooner. Now they are going to wait and see what if any shakeout there is from the compensation picks, and maybe get a seventh rounder into the fold in 2015. It could be that they end up with nothing.

I do think that if they had tagged him (and not signed him) it would have been difficult to move him for anything, and I have at points expressed the same opinion you're sharing here. I just think it's a lot easier to move Gabbert (not tagged and not set up for a very expensive contract) vs. Byrd (who likely wanted to test the market no matter what).