Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

Fair enough, and your right. All it takes is one. Even though location, scheme, coaching and organizational stability would factor into the decision one might think. I just don't think there'll be one higher than that offer.

You don't think if there WAS that offer it would be all over the Internets? That sounds entirely made up.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right...Not all the $30 was guaranteed...But a total of $30 payout if he plays the first three years...

No matter how the payout goes...If that $60 million plus figure is accurate that's one hell of an offer... B-)

No question. Reports were in fact all over the place yesterday. When I heard it, it was a local Chicago radio show reporting on WGR's reporting, so not surprising that things get lost in translation. None the less, if they're offering $60+ million over 6 years and the first 3 years has $30 million, that's a lot of money to turn down. Even if the guarantee were only $25 million with incentives to make more, that's still serious coin for a safety. My take on this is that Byrd/Parker weren't taking any offer from the Bills and were planning on testing the market. It is what it is....

OK. Now we know it's more than money. Byrd simply does not want to be in Buffalo. The Bills offer would have made him the highest paid safety (as reported) and still no signature. How much money is enough? We have long disliked Eugene Parker but we can add Byrd to the Parker/Peters Club. Here's my view, piss on Byrd. So long...

Edited by Spiderweb

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE NOT JUST ACCEPT THAT THE BILLS OFFERED BYRD 60 MILLION THAT HE TURNED DOWN when it is a rumored rumor off another city's radio station's rumor from another radio station that didnt report it?

Please return to your regularly scheduled agonizing.

Posturing. Byrd wants to test the market, yet still cover his bases with the Bills. He has a right to test the market to see what he's worth. This is probably the contract that sets Byrd up for life, so I can understand his wanting to make it a good one. Doesn't help the Bills, and they need to pick up Dareus' 2015 option which I read needs to be done right before this year's draft @ 7 mil/year or sign him to a long term deal soon.

Awesome!!!

Like I said Do you own a company and may I have a job? Because I will cash your checks ALL day and bad mouth your company while half assing it. You think I'm a nice guy? lol I've been called a lot of things in my time, never once do I remember anyone calling me nice. If you're willing to pay me 9 million to malinger I'll show you just how nice I am.

Truth is I own 2 businesses and paying a malcontent employee an enormous payday when there might be a even a hint that he may screw you in the long run is very very bad business. There's no nice or not nice about it, it's smart mature business to move on.

Also to say the Bills got nothing for Byrd is an entitled way to look at things. We got 4 years of cheap labor for an all pro, be grateful.

Your business decisions for your company have zero bearing in the NFL business world.

In the NFL business world, I either have an all pro ball hawk safety good for at least 5 interceptions or I have at least an extra 2nd round draft pick in 2014.

You have a gaping hole to fill with nothing in return in 2014.

Edited by 1billsfan

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE NOT JUST ACCEPT THAT THE BILLS OFFERED BYRD 60 MILLION THAT HE TURNED DOWN when it is a rumored rumor off another city's radio station's rumor from another radio station that didnt report it?

I'd love to be rumored to turn down 60 mil even if it wasn't true.

But it's a good point. For all we know it could be a market testing technique for Byrds camp and have no basis in reality. Truth will come out over the next few months.

Fair enough, and your right. All it takes is one. Even though location, scheme, coaching and organizational stability would factor into the decision one might think. I just don't think there'll be one higher than that offer.

I hope you're right. It just seems like there is always that one team that will overpay.

Whaley used KU as an example of keeping our own.

I noticed that as well. In fairness to Whaley, he listed Urbik 3rd or 4th, but still... We lose an All-Pro safety and we're supposed to feel better because we kept Kraig Urbik?

KRAIG URBIK, YOU GUYS! FEEL THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Why do Bills fans always have to sound like butt-hurt dumped girlfriends when a player leaves it's annoying as hell

We take it too personal. Just like when you say the weather sucks...everyone gets fired up

I highly doubt he chooses Cleveland. Raiders, Jacksonville, and Cleveland probably only franchises Bills can actually look down on.

Money talks man.

Do you really believe that Mario Williams signed with us because he believes we are a team "heading in the right direction"?

CBF

I highly doubt he chooses Cleveland. Raiders, Jacksonville, and Cleveland probably only franchises Bills can actually look down on.

Agreed...

I think Cleveland is one of the very few teams that...if everything was equal...Byrd would choose Buffalo over...

Just my opinion...But I'm thinking if Cleveland really wants Byrd they are going to have to go ridiculously high on the offer...

Money talks man.

Do you really believe that Mario Williams signed with us because he believes we are a team "heading in the right direction"?

CBF

When Mario signed here the Bills looked like 78 Steelers as an organization compared to how Cleveland looks now...It matters not what kind of spin Cleveland puts on things, it's going to be a leap and a half for any high-end UFA to put their trust in that organization as it is now...Next year maybe...But right now that thing looks like a train wreck caused by a plane crash when the plane was thrown out of the air by a tornado... B-)