2014 NFL Scouting Combine

How's Matthews looking? I wouldn't mind him at 9. Lewan may look good at the combine, but his inconsistent play at Michigan worries me in terms of him as a 1st rounder. Also, how is Sentrel Henderson from Miami looking. He was the #1 recruit out of high school, and had a bunch of off and on field issues. Could be a good 4th round grab for OT.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's Matthews looking? I wouldn't mind him at 9. Lewan may look good at the combine, but his inconsistent play at Michigan worries me in terms of him as a 1st rounder. Also, how is Sentrel Henderson from Miami looking. He was the #1 recruit out of high school, and had a bunch of off and on field issues. Could be a good 4th round grab for OT.

I'm a Michigan fan so I hear what you are saying about Lewan...But he's got so much to work with...I think in the hands of the right coaching staff he could be really, really good...I think Matthews has impressed today as well...The Matthews/Lewan thing is the classic comparison...Matthew's is a technique guy who is ready now, and better than Lewan on the field...He's got a higher floor...But Lewan looks to have the higher ceiling...I've compared Lewan to Nate Solder for a while now...Solder was not a finished product coming out at all...But he was a heck of an athlete who got Drafted to the right team and he's turned into a very decent LT...Matthews could certainly get better too...But I think if they both improve equally Lewan will end up being the better Pro in the long run...We'll see though...I like em' both... B-)

I did not see Henderson's drills but he ran a good time (5.14 official) and his 10 yd splits were good at 1.71 and 172...That's excellent for a dude that big...I also noticed he did not bench...

Ebron just ran a 4.5.

Mayock says better athlete than Vernon Davis, wouldn't be surprised if he goes in top ten.

That kid looks like a beast...Great time...And he looks long to me... B-)

I like Charles Davis a lot...He's opinionated and studied...I've heard him be very critical of prospects at times, so it's not like he's always piling praise on these kids...Davis just compared Ebron to Jimmy Graham...He feels Ebron has that type of impact potential...So take it for what it's worth...

Edited by KOKBILLS

Ebron looks enticing!! TE in the top ten?? We haven't had a playmaker at TE in years. He would open up the field for some our wrs and even get c.j. some space to run.

This kid Colt Lyerla from Oregon could be a late round pick. Had some off the field problems (sounds like a LB we have) .

When they were reading the litany of things Lyeria did, I said to my wife "that the kid sounds NFL ready". She looked at me like I was nits.

Chris Gragg ran as fast as Ebron and was a standout at Arkansas. I'm not a Ebron at 9 guy!

The difference is it's football and not track that they are actually going to play...And Ebron is a beast on the field...Gragg is not in his zip code...

Though I want no part of a OT at 9, I do love Robinson. But why do people care what a OT runs in the 40? Remember Bruce Campbell from a few years ago?

Fair enough...But obviously you're not comparing Campbell to Robinson as a football player...Right? Because that's all that really matters anyway, and Robinson is 100 times the player Campbell was coming out...Robinson is drawing favorable comparisons to some of the best OT's to ever play the game... B-)

Fair enough...But obviously you're not comparing Campbell to Robinson as a football player...Right? Because that's all that really matters anyway, and Robinson is 100 times the player Campbell was coming out...Robinson is drawing favorable comparisons to some of the best OT's to ever play the game... B-)

Agreed. It's just that sometimes in the big scheme of things, the combine is really the most overrated things ever. Shuttle runs are a good drill for linemen but who cares about their 40 times?

Ebron looks enticing!! TE in the top ten?? We haven't had a playmaker at TE in years. He would open up the field for some our wrs and even get c.j. some space to run.

This kid Colt Lyerla from Oregon could be a late round pick. Had some off the field problems (sounds like a LB we have) .

Colt benched next to nothing . He isnt prepared.

Lets not get all Ebron from the combine please . he is not value at nine for Bills . I suppose Whaley could throw out the bathwater and go for him ?

still a Robinson fan but nine is a LT pick . Bills need a RT.

Edited by 3rdand12

Agreed on all points, except comparing Kiko to Lyerla. The main reason I don't want to take ebron at 9 is because we can snag a guy like Lyerla in rounds 4-7 most likely. Not a fan of his off the field issues, which are worse than kikos, but his talent/athleticism is amazing IMO. Fluid, strong and fast. Love his upside, especially at the price of a 4-7th round pick. I like him so much I'd consider him in the 3rd. We took tj graham in the 3rd. I like the thought of drafting ebron and Lyerla and not drafting any WRs (as long as Watkins isn't available).

Evans or Ebron would make us settle for a lot less field goals in the red zone.

Though I want no part of a OT at 9, I do love Robinson. But why do people care what a OT runs in the 40? Remember Bruce Campbell from a few years ago?

I know, and look at him now:

9362.jpg

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Colt benched next to nothing . He isnt prepared.

Lets not get all Ebron from the combine please . he is not value at nine for Bills . I suppose Whaley could throw out the bathwater and go for him ?

still a Robinson fan but nine is a LT pick . Bills need a RT.

Lyerla only had 1 week of training precombine. Most other guys complete a 6-8 week program. So take that into consideration