2014 NFL Scouting Combine

Joe Don Baker, not Joe Don Duncan. There was also the great RB Joe Don Looney.

No, I'm pretty sure it was Joe Don Duncan.

And for the record, Joe Don Looney was a very famous Canadian as evidenced by their dollar coin being named after him.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewan, Robinson & Matthews looked very good today, amazing at how fast these guys can run. Kouandjio was noticeably struggling today.

Would love to get Gabe Jackson in the 2nd, or David Yankey if the Bills trade down in the 1st.

Too bad Sefarian-Jenkins did not participate today and that Ebron could not do the drills.

Amaro did not impress me at all. C.J. Fiedorowicz & Arthur Lynch looked very good, as they are more true Tight Ends.

Ready for day 2.

Lewan, Robinson & Matthews looked very good today, amazing at how fast these guys can run. Kouandjio was noticeably struggling today.

Would love to get Gabe Jackson in the 2nd, or David Yankey if the Bills trade down in the 1st.

Too bad Sefarian-Jenkins did not participate today and that Ebron could not do the drills.

Amaro did not impress me at all. C.J. Fiedorowicz & Arthur Lynch looked very good, as they are more true Tight Ends.

Ready for day 2.

The top three OT's really did impress...

In a trade down scenario I don't see the Bills going after an OG...Maybe one of the OT's remaining...But not an OG, and even more likely Ebron, Evans, or Benjamin... B-)

The top three OT's really did impress...

In a trade down scenario I don't see the Bills going after an OG...Maybe one of the OT's remaining...But not an OG, and even more likely Ebron, Evans, or Benjamin... B-)

I would take Yankey if the Bills were to trade down very far into the first round, which I don't anticipate, but you never know.

I'd rather have Benjamin over Evans, and I think some team will reach for Ebron.

Edited by Mark Vader

Offensive linemen, overall, were impressive. Some stood out (Robinson, Matthews and Lewan), but overall it is a deep draft. The TEs left me disappointed. Collectively they seem to be off. Dropped balls, slow out of cuts and 40 times that are average. Pro days will help most of these guys. Back to film study.

Ready for day 2.

when you watch games of Amaro you will see that he runs routs and catches TDs like convict Hernandez.

Offensive linemen, overall, were impressive. Some stood out (Robinson, Matthews and Lewan), but overall it is a deep draft. The TEs left me disappointed. Collectively they seem to be off. Dropped balls, slow out of cuts and 40 times that are average. Pro days will help most of these guys. Back to film study.

Thought the same thing, upgraded the OL and down graded the TEs - didn't really want to spend high draft picks on OL because I thought the Bills could improve there through FA (in fact about the only thing FA had to offer) but the top 3 OTs look like eventual pro-bowlers to me.

Chris Gragg ran as fast as Ebron and was a standout at Arkansas. I'm not a Ebron at 9 guy!

Yeah, I am with you. I wouldn't compare Ebron to Gragg in that Ebron was very productive in a good conference, but he isn't very big for an NFL TE, if I have his size right at 6'3" and 245 lbs.

Certainly, there will be worse options available when the Bills pick, but I'd rather have Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee at WR or one of the top 3 OTs. I would rather have Ebron than WR Evans, though.

Yeah, I am with you. I wouldn't compare Ebron to Gragg in that Ebron was very productive in a good conference, but he isn't very big for an NFL TE, if I have his size right at 6'3" and 245 lbs.

Certainly, there will be worse options available when the Bills pick, but I'd rather have Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee at WR or one of the top 3 OTs. I would rather have Ebron than WR Evans, though.

I think he measured 6,4 250 my problem is I heard him talk and he seemed to be not very bright and that along with uncertain hands puts him out of the running at nine to me.

If he's really a 4.4 guy with his size, he'd be a nice pick for EJ at #9.

With his size he's still a good pick at 4.5. He's going to be able to use his body to box out DBs to get open with proper coaching. Kind of like Marshall and Alsjon Jeffrey did all year in Chicago