2014 NFL Scouting Combine

Not sure how we pass this guy up at #9. He's a longer, faster, Kyle Williams. Not a need position, but outside of some of the OT's, guy seems like the surest thing.

No offense to Donald...But the Bills will pass him at #9 first and foremost because he's not graded that high (most everything I've seen has him in the 20-30 area)...Also because they have MUCH bigger needs and there will be higher graded prospects at those need areas... B-)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to Donald...But the Bills will pass him at #9 first and foremost because he's not graded that high (most everything I've seen has him in the 20-30 area)...Also because they have MUCH bigger needs and there will be higher graded prospects at those need areas... B-)

I'm not confident that this is true...

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 4m

Former Colts GM Bill Polian just said on ESPN's NFL Insiders that he projects Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo to be a first-round pick.

With all due respect, the only real good Qb Polian drafted was Peyton Manning. If this guy goes in a first, I never want to hear about EJ being a reach again.

You may very well be correct...I would have no problem with it if he does

Oh I would...

And again it's nothing against the kid who may very well become a heck of an NFL player...

To me that would be no different than Drafting Spiller when you already have Lynch and Jackson...It's just not the way to build a team IMHO...It would be D-line building, not team building... B-)

Sorry if this has been brought up but I was watching the NFLN crew discussing Michael Sam, saying he was good but not elite. It got me thinking if there will be gay rights activists who will claim that Sam is being devalued because he's gay? Having him come out adds an unfortunate layer to his story. Will evaluators be accused of lowering evaluations gay players? I can see there being a kneejerk reaction like that.

PTR

If they do, they're wrong. His value is a mid round pick because he's too small to be a 4-3 DE and doesn't bend the edge well enough to be a top flight 3-4 rush prospect. He was borderline top 100 before he came out.

Sam looked stiff and a definite tweener. He reminds me of Maybin. Too small to play DE on every down, too stiff and slow to react for LB. McGinest made an off hand comment about being a situational pass rusher and special teamer. I doubt he plays more than 3 years. The NFL Network focus on him over shadowed the work other DL working out who were impressive. This is going to be a good draft. Next year, with 100 under classmen coming out this year, might be a very lean year.

If they do, they're wrong. His value is a mid round pick because he's too small to be a 4-3 DE and doesn't bend the edge well enough to be a top flight 3-4 rush prospect. He was borderline top 100 before he came out.

Yeah but being wrong never mattered to the media. This story is a total win for them. Either genus drafted to high because he is gay or too low. There will be no that is where he should have gone. Gotta generate clicks!

Sam looked stiff and a definite tweener. He reminds me of Maybin. Too small to play DE on every down, too stiff and slow to react for LB. McGinest made an off hand comment about being a situational pass rusher and special teamer. I doubt he plays more than 3 years. The NFL Network focus on him over shadowed the work other DL working out who were impressive. This is going to be a good draft. Next year, with 100 under classmen coming out this year, might be a very lean year.

Sam likely dreams he had Maybin's athletic ability...Maybin was a decent athlete with great size for a 3-4 OLB...He simply was not a very good football player...Sam is a decent football player but he's stiff in the hips, not very fast, and not very explosive...He was considered a mid round pick before the Combine and all the other stuff...This performance today will further push him down...I'm guessing he's borderline draftable at this point... B-)

Sam likely dreams he had Maybin's athletic ability...Maybin was a decent athlete with great size for a 3-4 OLB...He simply was not a very good football player...Sam is a decent football player but he's stiff in the hips, not very fast, and not very explosive...He was considered a mid round pick before the Combine and all the other stuff...This performance today will further push him down...I'm guessing he's borderline draftable at this point... B-)

He was late round to potentially borderline before the Combine, but that hasn't stopped him from being a lead story with hourly updates.

It was a money move on his part, and it'll likely pay some dividends, although doubtful as much as he had hoped. The story always gets more publicity than the workouts. The NFL is just happy it has a feelgood story this year instead of a dead fake girlfriend again.

He was late round to potentially borderline before the Combine, but that hasn't stopped him from being a lead story with hourly updates.

Not really...

Great Blue North had him rated #67 overall...CBS.com had him at #110 overall...National Football Post had him at #102...etc...

Now...He's going to drop a bit due to his workouts...But going into the Combine he was considered a 3rd-5th Rd prospect... B-)

I am greatly impressed by the LB class this year. Tremendous depth at this position.

I would love to have Mack on this team, but if that doesn't happen there are plenty of other players to choose from.

Was Shayne Skov even invited to the combine? I did not see him.

Jordan Tripp from Montana really opened my eyes today, he looked great.

I wish I could remember all the names of the other LB's besides the big names, because a good amount of these players made a statement today.

Not really...

Great Blue North had him rated #67 overall...CBS.com had him at #110 overall...National Football Post had him at #102...etc...

Now...He's going to drop a bit due to his workouts...But going into the Combine he was considered a 3rd-5th Rd prospect... B-)

Well we can pick nits about what late round means, but I tend to go with anything 4th round or later. To me he had a better chance of going undrafted than he did going in the first couple of rounds.

I only saw a few Missouri games this year and he didn't do much to wow me. I was surprised at his SEC honors. But MU does play in the weaker half of the SEC. I actually liked his teammate Ealy better than him. If he can't play special teams I don't think he'll have a very long professional career.

NFLVerified account@nfl

"I think he's a better pass rusher right now that Suh was [coming out of college]!"- regarding Donald

(I agree that the Bills will draft offense at 9)

Yeah...I'm thinking one of the height/weight/speed teams like Pittsburgh (15), Dallas (16), Baltimore (17), or Green Bay (21) are pretty likely destinations.

How about at 9 after a trade up with the Bills. I Think Donald is on the hype train up to the top 10.

Jordan Tripp from Montana really opened my eyes today, he looked great.

I wish I could remember all the names of the other LB's besides the big names, because a good amount of these players made a statement today.

Agree on the Montana guy Tripp...looks like a player. Other lb's I think looked solid are Christian Jones FSU and Pierre-Louis from BC.