2014 NFL Scouting Combine

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max bullough would look great inside on our defense and allow kiko to move outside. hard nose run stopper in the middle is just what the defense ordered. 3rd round but i'm pretty sure he'll go somewhere in the second with his combine numbers

Needless to say, I would love to see Max Bullough's name selected. Let Kiko track things down from the weakside with his instincts and gazelle-like speed.

Needless to say, I would love to see Max Bullough's name selected. Let Kiko track things down from the weakside with his instincts and gazelle-like speed.

He was the leader on the field of the best D in the country - very well coached and faced some big time RBs in the Big 10. Super smart kid - i think he will not be drafted high due to comparative size and speed plus some off the field stuff, but who does that remind you of... I'd love for him to fall to the Bills in the 3rd or later.

CollegeFootball 24/7@NFL_CFB 1m

Four fastest official DB 40 times (all sub-4.4s): Justin Gilbert 4.37 Philip Gaines 4.38 Jason Verrett 4.38 Bradley Roby 4.39 #NFLCombine

whete are all these guys expected to be drafted? Any late round steals with crazy speed? Or are they all 1-4th round picks?

There are some teams who are desperate at CB. Gilbert is a bona fide 1st rounder and will be the 1st CB taken. I know Roby is projected as an early 2nd rounder. The other two I am not sure, but they looked good good at the combine, I'd expect somewhere in rounds 2-3.

Edit: Roby's #s: 25 reps in bench press, 4.39 official 40, 38.5 vertical and 10'4 broad jump. Great in drills. (looks like he will be in the red)

Edited by YoloinOhio

whete are all these guys expected to be drafted? Any late round steals with crazy speed? Or are they all 1-4th round picks?

Of that crop, only Gaines will get beyond about the 45th pick

There are some teams who are desperate at CB. Gilbert is a bona fide 1st rounder and will be the 1st CB taken. I know Roby is projected as an early 2nd rounder. The other two I am not sure, but they looked good good at the combine, I'd expect somewhere in rounds 2-3.

Verrett is a bigger version of Nickell Robey...he'll go in the early to mid 2nd.

Notable additions to the list:

Ryan Shazier - LB/Ohio State

Carl Bradford - LB/Arizona State

Max Bullough - LB/Michigan State

Other, lesser-known players that tested in the red:

Isaiah Crowell - RB/Alabama State

Russell Bodine - C/North Carolina

Matt Freiler - OT/Bloomsburg

Corey Linsley - C/Ohio State

Ikemefuna Enemkpali - DE/La. Tech

Jadon Gayle - DE/Virginia Tech

Chris Smith - DE/Arkansas

Kerry Wynn - DE/Richmond

Daquan Jones - DT/Penn State

Tenny Palepoi - DT/Utah

These are good names to keep in mind for day 3 picks and UDFA signings...

One more name to add to the list...only DB that qualifies as far as I can tell:

Kenneth Ladler - S/Vanderbilt

He was the leader on the field of the best D in the country - very well coached and faced some big time RBs in the Big 10. Super smart kid - i think he will not be drafted high due to comparative size and speed plus some off the field stuff, but who does that remind you of... I'd love for him to fall to the Bills in the 3rd or later.

All that, and he's got very good Bills bloodlines ...

I could (and have been) listen(ing) to Mike Mayock talk about potential draftees all day/week long ... to me, he is a significant notch above the originator, Mel Kiper Jr., who is a significant notch above pretty boy McShay

All that, and he's got very good Bills bloodlines ...

I could (and have been) listen(ing) to Mike Mayock talk about potential draftees all day/week long ... to me, he is a significant notch above the originator, Mel Kiper Jr., who is a significant notch above pretty boy McShay

I love how Mayock gets pissed when they spend too much time talking about one prospect, or when they talk too much about non-football issues...It's cool...The guy is old school football through and through...No question he's the best in the business right now...Which shows how hard it is to be right most of the time because Mayock has had his share of missing too... B-)

I love how Mayock gets pissed when they spend too much time talking about one prospect, or when they talk too much about non-football issues...It's cool...The guy is old school football through and through...No question he's the best in the business right now...Which shows how hard it is to be right most of the time because Mayock has had his share of missing too... B-)

I like Mayock because he seems all business, unlike McShay and Kiper who always seem like they are putting on a show. Like they are characters.

Mathews put up those numbers with nobodies at QB. I'd be happy with him in rd 2.

The reason why I like Evans the best is because:

1) We have a decent cast of speedy WR at the moment. He will have time to develop into the #1 WR spot.

2) He plays BIG in big games (btw,BIG PLUS)

3) Most of his receptions were 50/50 plays where he out worked his opponents (you can't teach that).

4) Big red zone threat, see #3. This will opens up runs lanes for FJ, CJ & EJ !!!

5) His ceiling is the highest. With good NFL coaching, he has enough natural skills to start while honing in the abilities needed to excel...I see a lot of qualities very common to A. Jefferies (but bigger & faster) when he came out of S Carolina.

The reason why I like Evans the best is because:

1) We have a decent cast of speedy WR at the moment. He will have time to develop into the #1 WR spot.

2) He plays BIG in big games (btw,BIG PLUS)

3) Most of his receptions were 50/50 plays where he out worked his opponents (you can't teach that).

4) Big red zone threat, see #3. This will opens up runs lanes for FJ, CJ & EJ !!!

5) His ceiling is the highest. With good NFL coaching, he has enough natural skills to start while honing in the abilities needed to excel...I see a lot of qualities very common to A. Jefferies (but bigger & faster) when he came out of S Carolina.

If I had my choice I would go with Evans as well...Though I'll be fine with Lewan, Matthews, or even Ebron...

I agree that Evans is a similar prospect to Alshon Jeffery in that he has great size, wing span, and hands...Like Jeffery, Evans is not a finished product and will need a little work...But once he gets coached up and comfortable you just can't teach what Evans has naturally...And Evans is already pretty good at the one single thing every NFL WR HAS to be able to do...He has the ability to come down with the contested ball in tight coverage...You can't teach that skill, and he's got it going in...I think, like Jeffery, he'll be just fine...

I should also point out I've been a HUGE Alshon Jeffery fan since his Freshman year at USC...I was pushing him to the Bills HARD right here on TSW before the 2012 Draft...I would have taken him at #10 overall ahead of Gilmore...Nothing against Gilmore...I just felt that Jeffrey would be a dominant NFL WR in time...Just like he was in College... B-)

If I had my choice I would go with Evans as well...Though I'll be fine with Lewan, Matthews, or even Ebron...

I agree that Evans is a similar prospect to Alshon Jeffery in that he has great size, wing span, and hands...Like Jeffery, Evans is not a finished product and will need a little work...But once he gets coached up and comfortable you just can't teach what Evans has naturally...And Evans is already pretty good at the one single thing every NFL WR HAS to be able to do...He has the ability to come down with the contested ball in tight coverage...You can't teach that skill, and he's got it going in...I think, like Jeffery, he'll be just fine...

I should also point out I've been a HUGE Alshon Jeffery fan since his Freshman year at USC...I was pushing him to the Bills HARD right here on TSW before the 2012 Draft...I would have taken him at #10 overall ahead of Gilmore...Nothing against Gilmore...I just felt that Jeffrey would be a dominant NFL WR in time...Just like he was in College... B-)

I agree...

I also like Lewan because he has the road grading ability to also play at RT.

There are a couple schools of thought here for drafting:

1) Parcels believed that drafting the "big uglies" high in the draft to build the team,then get the QB to manage the game. Because he felt the RB & WR's skill set was so minute you could fill those position with a "JAG" - just a guy (until a true talent became available) and still win in the league...really can't argue with his results.

2) The other approach is to draft players regardless of position that are graded out as NFL talents.

While Parcell's followed up his approach with a well detailed plan & great coaching this approach is effective. I think the Bills are at the point where we're solid at the big uglies position (could stand to improve) but could use some dynamic playmaking to help the young QB. I say look for players that has the qualities already at the elite level coming into the league (they all have weaknesses). Then coach up the weak areas of play...

Players I would target that has an elite skill (Offense) level that the Bills lack at this time (all others are rd 2 & later):

WR- Evans (size, play making, speed & hands this combination is elite), Watkins- all around play maker skill elite ( bigger P. Harvin, young Steve Smith hands &ball skills IMO)

OT- Mathews ( foot speed & pass blocking), Lewan ( road grader, pass blocking & speed combination are elite) can also play the right side.

TE- Ebron ( playmaking, ball skills and speed are elite level)

IMO these are the only players that address & improve our team needs immediately. Any other player in this position group has a major drop off in the abilities in comparison or are comparable to what we already have on the team skill wise. If none of the guys are available when we pick go defense with the 1st pick...DE-Kony Ealy, LB-Mack, LB- Mosely,DE/LB-Barr (not in that order). Maybe even DB...