Matt Freiler - OT/Bloomsburg

Corey Linsley - C/Ohio State

Ikemefuna Enemkpali - DE/La. Tech

Jadon Gayle - DE/Virginia Tech

Chris Smith - DE/Arkansas

Kerry Wynn - DE/Richmond

Daquan Jones - DT/Penn State

Tenny Palepoi - DT/Utah

These are good names to keep in mind for day 3 picks and UDFA signings...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was late round to potentially borderline before the Combine, but that hasn't stopped him from being a lead story with hourly updates.

It was a money move on his part, and it'll likely pay some dividends, although doubtful as much as he had hoped. The story always gets more publicity than the workouts. The NFL is just happy it has a feelgood story this year instead of a dead fake girlfriend again.

A money move on his part? He chose to get it out ahead of the story to control the narrative and mitigate any fallout. He was rated a mid round draft pick when his season ended and that wasn't gonna change, regardless. I just don't see how this was a money move at all. I'd be interested in what "dividends" you see coming his way as a result.

GO BILLS!!!

Notable additions to the list:

Ryan Shazier - LB/Ohio State

Carl Bradford - LB/Arizona State

Max Bullough - LB/Michigan State

Other, lesser-known players that tested in the red:

Isaiah Crowell - RB/Alabama State

Russell Bodine - C/North Carolina

Matt Freiler - OT/Bloomsburg

Corey Linsley - C/Ohio State

Ikemefuna Enemkpali - DE/La. Tech

Jadon Gayle - DE/Virginia Tech

Chris Smith - DE/Arkansas

Kerry Wynn - DE/Richmond

Daquan Jones - DT/Penn State

Tenny Palepoi - DT/Utah

These are good names to keep in mind for day 3 picks and UDFA signings...

Hmmmmm - I am a fan of Bullough's game in college

What do you mean by tested in the red?

CBF

Sorry...

It's a relatively old scouting term that draws the line between players that are measurably more explosive than their peers. The formula works like this:

Bench Press Reps + Inches of Vertical Jump + Feet of Broad Jump

My understanding from my contacts in the scouting community is this: If the sum of the above is greater than 70, then the scout tags the player in red, which signifies that he's among the elite in terms of his explosiveness as an athlete.

In general, a player that has a lot of good tape that also tests in the red is considered as close to a can't-miss prospect as one can get.

Notables that tested in the red in recent years include:

2013 - Lane Johnson, Terron Armstead, Jonathan Cooper, Margus Hunt, Shariff Floyd, Star Lotuleilei, Sheldon Richardson, Jamie Collins

2012 - Doug Martin, Coby Fleener, Orson Charles, David DeCastro, Brandon Brooks, Kelechi Osemele, Melvin Ingram, Nick Perry, Vinny Curry, Dontari Poe, Brandon Thompson, Kendell Reyes, Luke Keuchly, Lavonte David, Mychal Kendricks, Ronnell Lewis

2011 - Jonathan Baldwin, Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon, Lance Kendricks, Tyron Smith, J.J. Watt, Justin Houston, Ryan Kerrigan, Brooks Reed, Dontay Moch, Steven Paea, Allen Bailey, Drake Nevis, Jimmy Smith

A money move on his part? He chose to get it out ahead of the story to control the narrative and mitigate any fallout. He was rated a mid round draft pick when his season ended and that wasn't gonna change, regardless. I just don't see how this was a money move at all. I'd be interested in what "dividends" you see coming his way as a result.

GO BILLS!!!

He's turned himself into a household name when the vast majority of people would have never known who he was.

His professional football career was/is iffy at best. But now he's got his 15 minutes in the spotlight.

With the right agent/manager he stands to possibly turn himself into a public figure. Speaking tours, book deals, interviews, etc... He's got his 15 minutes and lots of possibilities to capitalize on it.

This was gonna come out, might as well be smart and make a profit off of it.

NFLVerified account@nfl

"I think he's a better pass rusher right now that Suh was [coming out of college]!"- regarding Donald

(I agree that the Bills will draft offense at 9)

the Bills don't need a pass rushing DT. They already have 2 of those. Stopping the run might be important one of these days though.

But they will go either WR, or TE in the first round. Either at 9 or a trade down.

Being gay is a "money" move ? How much does that pay ?

Sec player of year.... That's the money move.

Pays big time for him. Some team will draft him. It was a publicity stunt, plain and simple. No one talks about him at the Combine after he puts up 17 bench press reps if not for this. He was talked about as much as bona fide 1st round picks Manzel, Bridgewater , Watkins, and Clowney. He got more exposure than anyone with his combine #'s would have.

Max bullough would look great inside on our defense and allow kiko to move outside. hard nose run stopper in the middle is just what the defense ordered. 3rd round but i'm pretty sure he'll go somewhere in the second with his combine numbers

Would love Bullough. His combine numbers confirm his tape. Stud run stopper.

He's turned himself into a household name when the vast majority of people would have never known who he was.

His professional football career was/is iffy at best. But now he's got his 15 minutes in the spotlight.

With the right agent/manager he stands to possibly turn himself into a public figure. Speaking tours, book deals, interviews, etc... He's got his 15 minutes and lots of possibilities to capitalize on it.

This was gonna come out, might as well be smart and make a profit off of it.

Yep, like I said somewhere else, very smart agent.

Sorry...

It's a relatively old scouting term that draws the line between players that are measurably more explosive than their peers. The formula works like this:

Bench Press Reps + Inches of Vertical Jump + Feet of Broad Jump

My understanding from my contacts in the scouting community is this: If the sum of the above is greater than 70, then the scout tags the player in red, which signifies that he's among the elite in terms of his explosiveness as an athlete.

In general, a player that has a lot of good tape that also tests in the red is considered as close to a can't-miss prospect as one can get.

Notables that tested in the red in recent years include:

2013 - Lane Johnson, Terron Armstead, Jonathan Cooper, Margus Hunt, Shariff Floyd, Star Lotuleilei, Sheldon Richardson, Jamie Collins

2012 - Doug Martin, Coby Fleener, Orson Charles, David DeCastro, Brandon Brooks, Kelechi Osemele, Melvin Ingram, Nick Perry, Vinny Curry, Dontari Poe, Brandon Thompson, Kendell Reyes, Luke Keuchly, Lavonte David, Mychal Kendricks, Ronnell Lewis

2011 - Jonathan Baldwin, Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon, Lance Kendricks, Tyron Smith, J.J. Watt, Justin Houston, Ryan Kerrigan, Brooks Reed, Dontay Moch, Steven Paea, Allen Bailey, Drake Nevis, Jimmy Smith

Alonso was red +!

Edited by RyanC883

Agree on the Montana guy Tripp...looks like a player. Other lb's I think looked solid are Christian Jones FSU and Pierre-Louis from BC.

Christian Jones would be a great addition. If we could get him and Bullock somehow, that would give us dominance on D. Jones 2nd round, Bullock in the 3rd. 1st I like Mike Evans, and I was a HUGE Evans doubter before. Then in the 4th, get TE CJ from Iowa (if he lasts that long). Solves receiving and run D problem.

Kiko invented the system.

:thumbsup:

Christian Jones would be a great addition. If we could get him and Bullock somehow, that would give us dominance on D. Jones 2nd round, Bullock in the 3rd. 1st I like Mike Evans, and I was a HUGE Evans doubter before. Then in the 4th, get TE CJ from Iowa (if he lasts that long). Solves receiving and run D problem.

:thumbsup:

This is where I have arrived, as well...