2014 NFL Scouting Combine

2014 NFL Draft: Combine list includes 85 underclassmen

Predictably, a record 85 underclassmen will be among the 335 players invited to the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis February 19-24, The Sports Xchange learned Wednesday.

Although players have been notified, the official list has not yet been announced formally, and there are often a few late changes right up until the week of the event.

2014 NFL Combine Invite List by Position

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably brought up last year, but when I was looking for an answer to the question above I saw the link for the all-time best combine performances for all positions. Our very own Flash Goodwin holds the #2 all-time best combine performance. He had the best performance last year overall for the 40 (4.27) and bench press and ranks just behind CJ2K for all-time overall ranking. Nice.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#year=2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013&workout=FORTY_YARD_DASH&position=QB-RB-WR-TE-S-DL-LB-CB-OL-SPEC

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised he has Evans at #8 overall & calls him a burner. I guess we'll find out.

Yolo...what do you think about Shazier at #31? Seems high to me.

It may be high because he is a system-specific LB with his frame. He is probably going to be a combine freak (same with Bradley Roby). He is very explosive and effective in run support (especially on the outside), pass coverage, and blitzing. His stats are gawdy because he was the main guy on defense this season, he was asked to do a lot (similar Roby in the secondary). His obvious issue is size... he will get blown up being blocked by an OT or tackling a big RB. He is so fast though at the LOS he'll tend to slip by blockers and shoot the gap a lot, which is where he gets a lot of his TFL. In a Tampa-2 D, he would be devastating. There are certain teams that I could see taking him in the 1st round due to scheme - best fit is probably as a 4-3 Weak Side LB. I could also see him falling if the "right fit" teams go in a different direction position wise and he has to wait until they come around again. He is a big-play guy with a ton of character and a strong leader - however he really makes some bone-headed penalties that you wouldn't expect because he gets way too fired up or something. There were games where he looked like he was being shot out of a cannon. Very tough to block this kid and he is sideline to sideline. I am looking forward to watching him play in the NFL and he will be sorely missed at OSU. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hmmm. Sounds like a mature kid that's got how head on straight. On the other hand, we recently had the Amish rifle in Fitz, I'm not sore if I'm ready to go Morman yet.

On that note, don't you think it would be a circus at Training camp and on game days??? Marrone would be yelling for Morman to get out there and punt the ball and this guy trots out there and shanks it for a loss of 5 yards everytime.

this helps with the missing football depression....and will finally give us something else to talk about other than the pending Byrd contract...no? we're still on that? ok..got it...

If they can't come to terms and tag Byrd, it won't even be over then because we will have to obsess over whether they trade him... where... what will they get in return... who will replace him... it is the gift that keeps on giving.

If they can't come to terms and tag Byrd, it won't even be over then because we will have to obsess over whether they trade him... where... what will they get in return... who will replace him... it is the gift that keeps on giving.

Hahaha!! true dat yo....see what I did there, I uh...never mind...

:nana:

Hahaha!! true dat yo....see what I did there, I uh...never mind...

:nana:

Yes I did, lol.And if he DOES sign, then we'll just obsess over every little thing thing he does from that second on to determine whether that gold-digging SOB was worth it. LOL. Edited by YoloinOhio

One name to watch:

Forty times of the receivers are always something to watch and I'm told the wide out who could surprise everyone is Martavis Bryant of Clemson. Bryant, who goes an unofficial 6-feet, 5-inches, is expected to run in the low 4.3's and could even breach the high 4.2's.

- Tony Pauline of Draft Insiders

Good grief...Cyrus Kouandjio is built perfectly for the OT position:

6'6-1/2" tall, 322 lbs, 35-5/8" arms

Antonio Richardson pretty similar as well

One name to watch:

Forty times of the receivers are always something to watch and I'm told the wide out who could surprise everyone is Martavis Bryant of Clemson. Bryant, who goes an unofficial 6-feet, 5-inches, is expected to run in the low 4.3's and could even breach the high 4.2's.

I just felt it move.

GO BILLS!!!