2014 NFL Scouting Combine

10 Bills takeaways from the 2014 NFL Combine

By Joe Buscaglia

The 2014 NFL Scouting Combine has come and gone and the players have gone through the biggest job interview of their lives.

The Buffalo Bills, along with all 32 teams across the National Football League, came to Indianapolis not only to get a firsthand glimpse of the prospects, but to start to figure out how their individual off-seasons will go. There's a reason every decision maker and agent travel to Indianapolis each and every year, and it's not just for the workouts and agent conferences.

Meetings are had, values are gauged and markets are set for some of the upcoming unrestricted free agents. So what will happen with the Bills' upcoming free agent decisions, and what was the talk from the week that could affect their drafting in May?

Here are the biggest takeaways, in regards to the Bills, from the week spent in Indianapolis:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly predictable responses. It does make me think that Ebron might not be in play at #9 and it will be Evans or a OT.

I'm thinking Ebron is not in play at 9...I need my pass-catching TE to run better than 4.61 to take him with a top 10 pick, and I'm guessing most NFL GMs do as well.

I think it'll be BPA at 9...and this year that's a beautiful thing.

I'm thinking Ebron is not in play at 9...I need my pass-catching TE to run better than 4.61 to take him with a top 10 pick, and I'm guessing most NFL GMs do as well.

I think it'll be BPA at 9...and this year that's a beautiful thing.

Agreed though I really, really like Ebron. Could be a great smoke screen. But the Bills are in a really good spot to get a good player. It's going to be funny to watch the board melt down when we draft a cb or rb. :devil:

2014 NFL Draft: Top 50 Draft Board 2.0

By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

Each draft season, I do four top-50 draft boards: one after the All-Star games, one post-combine, one after most pro days and then a final one in the days leading up to the draft in May.

The 2014 NFL combine is in the books and as we sift through the 40-yard dash times and bench press reps, it's important to not lose sight of the base opinions that were derived from the game tapes that got us to this point. There are some minor tweaks to my updated top-50 draft board, but nothing major and no changes in my top-10.