Best Andre Reed Memory?

Big Turk

Easy one. His rookie year, he would often walk from his dorm to the practice facility at fredonia with his father. The one thing his father would say over and over...."Be Aggressive!!!" He would tell him over and over. I was 12 at the time, a prodigy at WR myself (not). My father would use that Be Aggressive phrase til the day he passed. Whether its regards to sports, business, love. Andres father seemed to be a special man and a big part in creating a Hall of Fame Wide Receiver. So relieved that he is where he belongs. You listened to your father.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the passes that Andre Reed dropped in the first half of Super Bowl XXV? Had Andre Reed caught those passes the Bills would have blown the Giants out in the first half.

How about Andre Reed's mental meltdown the following year in Super Bowl XXVI?

Andre Reed does NOT belong in the Professional Football Hall of Fame!

:thumbdown:

The only Buffalo Bills from the SB era that earned a spot in the Professional Football Hall of Fame were Marv Levy and Bill Polian. They did everything right to win at least one Super Bowl. Their selfish, egotistical, players lost those Super Bowls.

Marv got out coached in the one game the Bills had more talent, The Giants game. Every other team the Bills faced had better talent put together by other GM's. I am not so sure what you are getting at.

My point is they all belong in the SB. Marv got beat by Parcell's and Belichik, that is nothing to be ashamed of. Polian put together a good team, that ran into better teams/coaches.

Reed was a great player. To think different is to have on poop colored glasses.

Marv got out coached in the one game the Bills had more talent, The Giants game. Every other team the Bills faced had better talent put together by other GM's. I am not so sure what you are getting at.

My point is they all belong in the SB. Marv got beat by Parcell's and Belichik, that is nothing to be ashamed of. Polian put together a good team, that ran into better teams/coaches.

Reed was a great player. To think different is to have on poop colored glasses.

It's someone looking for attention.

Reed is still my all time favorite Bill. Too many to list but I remember I would always say/yell 'learn to REED!!!' when ever he made a big play. Thought I was pretty clever w that one lol. Just loved to watch him play, total stud, big time player for us and a well deserved Hall of Famer. Congrats Andre!!! Go Bills!

Edited by cfbillsfan

Must have been about 1987 or '88. I tending bar and waiting tables at Eagle Vale, a big club/restaurant in Rochester at that time. Several Bills came in for a promotional event, among them Andre Reed. The place was a mad house. I had told my wife and son about the event, and as big Bills fans, both came. People filled hallways, stairways; it was crazy. Most of the Bills stayed in a room downstairs on a lower level, having dinner with a select group of people. They were supposed to come up into the main bar/restaurant area to sign autographs, but most were afraid of the mob scene, including Kelly. I can't really blame them; it was out of control. But Andre came up. He signed autographs for the kids (and adults) for quite a while. My son was disappointed he didn't get to meet Kelly, but I always had a lot of respect for Andre after that.

1991 Dolphins Bills playoff game 44-34, previous week dolphins rallied to beat Chiefs in 4th quarter many thought they were playing too well to be stopped. Reed from 40 to open scoring then again from 26 to end it. When I think of Reed I think of the post patterns and pulling away after the catch

for PearlHowardMan - sorry your life sucks

Edited by CardinalScotts

I was watching the Bills practice during camp at Fredonia back in 1990 or 91.

After the practice the players would sign autographs and fans where pile up and pushing to get one.

I had a three year old and a one year old in a stroller. I watch from a distance as I pondered if we should penetrate the crowd.

Andre Reed looked straight at us and then drove his golf cart out of the crowd and over to us. He signed autographs and talked and he really seemed to like the little kids. Within a few minutes he was buried again with people but I will always remember what a nice guy he was.

The only other autograph I got that day was Phil Hansen. Phil was walking across the field alone, apparently unnoticed by the crowd, so we were able to walk up to him without a problem.

Two of my all time favorite Bills.

Andre Reed geatly deserves this honor.

Edited by Bob in STL

How about the passes that Andre Reed dropped in the first half of Super Bowl XXV? Had Andre Reed caught those passes the Bills would have blown the Giants out in the first half.

How about Andre Reed's mental meltdown the following year in Super Bowl XXVI?

Andre Reed does NOT belong in the Professional Football Hall of Fame!

So, why don't you add Thurman Thomas to that list (crucial turnovers) and Jim Kelly (injury prone, turnovers) to the list as well? It's a team game... DUH

Miami playoff game in the snow (already mentioned here) and a Bills-Eagle's game at the Ralph in '94 or '95 when Reed caught a long TD in the 1st Q. That was the last game I attended with my Dad. Reed was a great great player and it's terrific to see him get the recognition he deserved.

Marv got out coached in the one game the Bills had more talent, The Giants game.

Egotistical loud mouth Jim Kelly wanted to be the SB XXV MVP so he passed the ball a lot. Bills RB Thurman Thomas had 135 yards on only 15 carries. Had Thurman carried the ball more the Bills would have won.

Kelly called the plays. Not Marv Levy!

It has been mentioned already, but Andre scored the first TD of the 1991 Bills-Dolphins AFC Divisional Championship at Rich. I was ten years old, at the game with my Dad and Uncle.

My two memories from that game:

1) Learning some brand new words on the way into the stadium.

2) Watching Reed go over the middle in the snow and pull away from the secondary.

One play not mentioned here... think it was a Monday nighter against Miami in '94 or '95. So he was already getting a bit long in the tooth. The Dolphins brought the house, Andre ran a hot route over the middle, Kelly hit him in stride, and Andre just ran away from everyone for an 83-yard TD.

He wasn't the fastest guy, but does anyone remember him getting caught from behind? I don't.

I don't remember the game or who they were playing but Andre broke like 8 tackles on his way to the endzone. Anyone?

September 5, 1993 Home opener vs. New England?

If so yes that was certainly one of his greatest plays...