Best Andre Reed Memory?

Big Turk

There are a few that stick out to me, almost etched in my mind...

The final 3 TDs he caught in the comeback game, including the sliding catch in the endzone on 4th and 5 from the 18...

The Redskin game where he got so mad he took off his helmet and slammed it on the ground and got called for a 15 yard penalty that pushed us out of FG range...(not a great memory, but one I can still see in my mind)

But perhaps the most vivid memory I have is the Miami playoff snow game where the Bills struck a few minutes into the game with one of his patented crossing patterns where he simply angles away from Dolphins safety Louis Oliver as he chases him futilely and goes in for a 50+ yard TD....

So many great memories...thanks for every one of them 88...see you in Canton!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dre faking a Colt out of his jock. The Buffalo News had a photo where the defender was totally off the ground as Dre changed directions.

Dre catching a bomb for a TD from Reich on a MNF game vs the Rams.

Andre Reed is the only Bill I have ever actually met, and conversed with. It was long ago at a nightclub on Niagara Falls Blvd. (The 3 Coins?). He talked to me and my friends for about 30 minutes, just hanging out in a large, crowded nightclub. He was really down to earth, and seemed to enjoy just talking about football with us.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

There are a few that stick out to me, almost etched in my mind...

The final 3 TDs he caught in the comeback game, including the sliding catch in the endzone on 4th and 5 from the 18...

The Redskin game where he got so mad he took off his helmet and slammed it on the ground and got called for a 15 yard penalty that pushed us out of FG range...(not a great memory, but one I can still see in my mind)

But perhaps the most vivid memory I have is the Miami playoff snow game where the Bills struck a few minutes into the game with one of his patented crossing patterns where he simply angles away from Dolphins safety Louis Oliver as he chases him futilely and goes in for a 50+ yard TD....

So many great memories...thanks for every one of them 88...see you in Canton!

Hang on to that #88 jersey...I think that was the 1989 season when they sold the misprint jerseys. They are now worth a lot of money. :)

There ARE quite a few! Off the top of my head, '89 @ Oilers OT thriller, juking Pats out of there socks @Rich '91, weaving through Dolphins for a long TD catch and run @ Rich in a Season opener.

BTW, his 1st # was 43 in his 1st pre-season, '85.

With Ray Guy FINALLY being elected in, there's re-newed hope for Tasker!

Super Bills now enshrined: Marv Levy, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, James Lofton, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed. Gotta say, I KNEW they all would, watching them play!

That one stands out to me too. The good part of that memory is that he expressed perfectly with passion the way we all were feeling. It was unbelievable that the zebras didn't call pass interference on that play. He was in total disbelief.

Andre Reed is the only Bill I have ever actually met, and conversed with. It was long ago at a nightclub on Niagara Falls Blvd. (The 3 Coins?). He talked to me and my friends for about 30 minutes, just hanging out in a large, crowded nightclub. He was really down to earth, and seemed to enjoy just talking about football with us.

There are too many great memories of him going over the middle to write. He was so tough for not a big guy. He was actually our guest judge at my National Sales Meeting for a Medical Device company three years ago. Everyone in my company knew what a Bills fan I am so he came over took pics with me, and my friends, and went as far as calling my oldest son at home. He spoke with both of my boys for at least five minutes and was so gracious. That meant a great deal to me as he didn't have to take that much time. I still have his BBQ sauce he was selling titled OVER THE MIDDLE. I've never seen it in stores, but what a nice memory.

I'm so happy for someone so deserving of the HOF. I wish I still lived up by you guys as I would definitely take the trip to Canton.

Not so much Andre....but remember seeing Dre and Jimbo hanging out together all over town in 87, especially more than a couple times at Bisons games in the Rockpile when they had those awesome happy hours on Fridays. Just knew they were developing a great friendship that was all positive for the Bills

Edited by plenzmd1

How about the passes that Andre Reed dropped in the first half of Super Bowl XXV? Had Andre Reed caught those passes the Bills would have blown the Giants out in the first half.

How about Andre Reed's mental meltdown the following year in Super Bowl XXVI?

Andre Reed does NOT belong in the Professional Football Hall of Fame!

:thumbdown:

My greatest memory of Andre Reed is that he wore 83, not 88. lol!

Too many to name one - The qualities that made him a great WR - Fearless over the middle, and run after the catch.

PealHowardman - Had our defense been able to tackle someone on third and forever in super bowl XXV, we would have won that game. How can you come in here and say he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF??. Get a life.

In all 4 super bowls, Kelly threw INT's, Thurman Thomas fumbled/lost his helmet, Bruce Smith missed tackles, and Marv Levy lost 4 straight - I guess they shouldn't be in the hall either lol!

Edited by Azucho98

With Ray Guy FINALLY being elected in, there's re-newed hope for Tasker!

Super Bills now enshrined: Marv Levy, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, James Lofton, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed. Gotta say, I KNEW they all would, watching them play!

Tasker will never get in from the sports writers, but he may have a chance from the veterans committee down the road.

How about the passes that Andre Reed dropped in the first half of Super Bowl XXV? Had Andre Reed caught those passes the Bills would have blown the Giants out in the first half.

How about Andre Reed's mental meltdown the following year in Super Bowl XXVI?

Andre Reed does NOT belong in the Professional Football Hall of Fame!

:thumbdown:

You are entitled to your opinion, ridiculous as it is. I feel bad for internet tough guys who always focus on the negatives and are seemingly never happy about, or for, anything. Lighten up.

PealHowardman - Had our defense been able to tackle someone on third and forever in super bowl XXV, we would have won that game. How can you come in here and say he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF??. Get a life.

Had Andre Reed caught the balls that were thrown to him in the FIRST HALF of Super Bowl XXV the game would have been over by half-time and the Buffalo Bills would have been crowned Super Bowl XXV Champions!

Go and watch the game - see for yourself.

In all 4 super bowls, Kelly threw INT's, Thurman Thomas fumbled/lost his helmet, Bruce Smith missed tackles, and Marv Levy lost 4 straight - I guess they shouldn't be in the hall either lol!

The only Buffalo Bills from the SB era that earned a spot in the Professional Football Hall of Fame were Marv Levy and Bill Polian. They did everything right to win at least one Super Bowl. Their selfish, egotistical, players lost those Super Bowls.

The only Buffalo Bills from the SB era that earned a spot in the Professional Football Hall of Fame were Marv Levy and Bill Polian. They did everything right to win at least one Super Bowl. Their selfish, egotistical, players lost those Super Bowls.

Can you pen a more ridiculous post? Even without the 4 straight Super Bowls, they completely deserve enshrinement.

Bruce Smith: All time Sack Leader

Jim Kelly: AFC POY; 5 time Pro Bowler -Reed isn't the only WR he helped get into the HOF

Thurman Thomas: League MVP; 4 straight seasons leading the League in total yrds from scrimmage.

Reed was thrown to 8 times in the 1st half of SB XXV, catching all but 1 -albeit a critical 3rd down.

It's a shame you call yourself a Bills fan.

PearlHowardman - Just watched the first half - Reed targeted 10 times, made 7 catches, two balls knocked away by a DB, and ONE drop. Kelly missed more throws than Reed had drops so STFU Bills fan wannabe.

Edited by Azucho98

Every post route I saw him run. First, getting to the post point of the route with straight line speed and power. Then, hitting the post part of the route with total precision and control and coming under Jimbo's perfectly thrown ball. Those two were so in sync that Jimbo probably could have thrown it with his eyes closed.