Best Andre Reed Memory?

Big Turk

The first pass he ever caught in the NFL, summer of '85. Here he is, some rookie from a school no one ever heard of, you'd expect him to be clueless, right? I don't even know who the QB could have been, but the A-man was ready to take charge immediately. He was wide open, and appeared rather impatient waiting for the ball to arrive. He actually came back for the ball, even though it wasn't necessary, pulled it in aggressively, and took off in that 46 jersey('85 only).

What else could I think? "Now THAT's a player." :thumbsup:

Of course, the ~19 TDs that I.. I mean he scored in that Oilers playoff game were OK too :worthy: )

~AS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the passes that Andre Reed dropped in the first half of Super Bowl XXV? Had Andre Reed caught those passes the Bills would have blown the Giants out in the first half.

How about Andre Reed's mental meltdown the following year in Super Bowl XXVI?

Andre Reed does NOT belong in the Professional Football Hall of Fame!

:thumbdown:

Party pooper. Your vote doesn't count. LOL!

My brother and I went to Fredonia training camp, I believe in '88, and they had

two practices a day back then, so it was tougher on the players.

I spot Andre walking away from the area where they assemble after signing

some autographs, and I yell out to him and he stops and walks a good

ways back to us, signs and chats with us for a good ten minutes.

We were young adults at the time. Class act!

ps: I posted this before reading any of the other posts, then went back

and read a handful, and I saw at least a couple regarding autographs,

and Andre's accommodating nature, so I guess I'm not the only one.

Really thrilled that he got in!

Edited by Tu-Toned

My encounter (at a nightclub) was cool for me, because it didn't involve autographs, and wasn't in a "working" situation. I remember that he seemed to be genuinely interested in what the fan's (us) perceptions of the team (and the NFL game) was. A few times I remember him kind of getting an amused look (but not in a condescending way), at some of our thoughts, like he could have corrected us, but just let it go. We were just stupid 21 year old kids.

The other Bills that were there were trawling for chicks, but he just wanted to hang out, and drink a little bit.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

To me, Superbowl XXV was exactly the opposite of Andre's career. The Giants were going to lay back and punish receivers which they did to Reed in that game, not his finest hour. But through all the seasons Andre had with the Bills is knowing and remembering all the full speed, over the middle, big impact catches he made over the years. He was one tough SOB. Tough catches over the middle and he could bounce off a defender and take it the distance. Safety coming to blow it up....... and he would hang on and take the shot. He made a living over the middle in the pre-defenseless receiver NFL. From Kutztown State to the the hall of fame.....the dude had heart and game.

Edited by billsfan714

But perhaps the most vivid memory I have is the Miami playoff snow game where the Bills struck a few minutes into the game with one of his patented crossing patterns where he simply angles away from Dolphins safety Louis Oliver as he chases him futilely and goes in for a 50+ yard TD....

I like this one a lot. I probably watched the '90 yearbook 75 times because my dad bought it on VHS.

I can hear Harry Kalas saying "with the league's best combo of foot speed and body control..." as he's dashing thru the snow.

So many great memories...thanks for every one of them 88...see you in Canton!

WTF?