FA WR Eric Decker

Tipster19

I haven't seen anything posted on him but then again I haven't really been around for quite some time so excuse me if this has already been discussed. If so, mods, please merge.

I would love to see the Bills acquire him if he does become available. DeMaryius Thomas' rookie contract runs out after the 2014 season and the Broncos have another 15 FAs this year in addition to Decker. Here's a big WR that the Bills could surely use.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling he isn't as good as people think. Having a guy like Peyton Manning throw to him could really inflate his worth. He has always struck me as a middle-of-the-pack type possession WR.

plus all the other weapons there. if someone makes him a #1 centerpiece player, its going to be A LOT harder to find favorable matchups, and almost certainly he wont get the quality of qb play.

plus all the other weapons there. if someone makes him a #1 centerpiece player, its going to be A LOT harder to find favorable matchups, and almost certainly he wont get the quality of qb play.

It seems to me that FA WRs are rarely worth their asking price. I know that most name FAs are overpaid, but in my non-scientific research, the vast majority of WRs seem to not live up anywhere near their contract value. The notable exception in recent years i can think of is Vincent Jackson.

I'd just as soon draft a WR if we're going to upgrade.

I have a feeling he isn't as good as people think. Having a guy like Peyton Manning throw to him could really inflate his worth. He has always struck me as a middle-of-the-pack type possession WR.

In his sophomore season, with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow throwing him the football, he had 44 receptions for 612 yards and 8 TD's. Not too shabby considering the steep learning curve for WR's. Any Bills receivers put up those numbers this season?

Not saying he is elite, but I would love to have him in Buffalo if the price were right. He's a big target, knows how to get open, and makes plays.

In his sophomore season, with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow throwing him the football, he had 44 receptions for 612 yards and 8 TD's. Not too shabby considering the steep learning curve for WR's. Any Bills receivers put up those numbers this season?

Not saying he is elite, but I would love to have him in Buffalo if the price were right. He's a big target, knows how to get open, and makes plays.

the problem of course being the price. which will likely be more than stevie. especially with a ring id guess the 8-10m range per year, but i could be wildly off (a bit more than stevie, in the colston/garcon range)

It seems to me that FA WRs are rarely worth their asking price. I know that most name FAs are overpaid, but in my non-scientific research, the vast majority of WRs seem to not live up anywhere near their contract value. The notable exception in recent years i can think of is Vincent Jackson.

I'd just as soon draft a WR if we're going to upgrade.

Especially the guys who were no. 2 WRs and then asked to be no. 1-- usually doesnt work out. I can probably name a dozen guys like that who failed, off the top oif my head. Eg, Alvin Harper, peerless price, yancey thigpen, Deion branch, etc.

Not going to happen. Whaley will not overpay for FAs and will be active only after the "dust settles".

Decker would be wise to take what he can get an stay in Denver till #18 retires.

Whaley will go after guys if he wants them. Too much has been made of the "dust" comment.

All he was saying was that (as you mentioned) they won't spend crazy $$, and that most of their targets will be value guys.

Rest assured, however, that if there's a guy they want, they'll be aggressive in going after him.

He's good, would love to have him, but not at the salary he's going to demand.

Yep

This is exactly the type of move the Bills should NOT make.

Decker's price will be high coming off this year. Plus, even if you think he's good, it's too much of an unknown or risk whether he will be as productive without Manning or as being a no. 1 WR.

These are the kinds of risks that teams like Bills cannot afford to take.

Ditto. I followed Decker's game a little closer this year (as he was on my fantasy team). While he had a couple of big games, mainly that 4 TD game I strongly believe he's a product of Peyton Manning. His hands are inconsistent and his ability to win jump balls given his size isn't all that impressive. I'd stay away from buying a guy high after 2 years with one of the best QB's ever. He'll likely land a contract in the 7-8 million per year range, and I don't think he's worth it.