FA WR Eric Decker

Tipster19

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we trade SJ and pay Decker? And STILL get a big outside WR in the Draft?

I would not be at all surprised if SJ is not on the roster opening day. Last year he fumbled the one vs Atlanta we all remember probably costing us the game. He also dropped a 3rd down drive killer in the 4th quarter vs the Patsies while we had the lead and had to punt. I think we all remember what happened there. It happened right in front of Coach Marrone and he threw his visor. I'm not so sure Coach Marrone wants to put his coaching career in SJ's hands.

You mean the Stevie of past years? If Decker were to put up numbers like that he would just about double what Stevie did last year. Furthermore I believe that we have a much better supporting cast of WRs than we have had years past, when Stevie was the recipient of more targets and more catches. If Decker were to get a 1,000+ yards and 6-8 TDs imagine what Woods and Goodwin would do. This offense would actually have to be considered high octane, with Spiller and Jackson in the backfield.

Yes stevie of past years.

No decker.

draft and develop.

Saving my money. Until EJ can develop a working relationship with the receivers he has it would be wasteful. Let SJ have another go at it

Now if you can find me an upgrade for TJ Graham cheep , i am all for it. like in the draft.

Nothing against Stevie but who mentored him?

1 of the best WR's of all-time, and one of the Bills' better WR's in recent history...I would bet they helped him way more than we think or know.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Buffalo%2BBills%2Bv%2BMiami%2BDolphins%2B-nFaT40ZHDHl.jpg

(I looked all over for the article where Stevie even talks about how much they helped him, but I could not find it anywhere.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

ESPN New York expects free agent Eric Decker to command "No. 1" receiver-type money, or "at least" $9 million per year.

LOL. Does Manning come along with Decker? If not, no thanks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5819/eric-decker

This is as expected, I guess. But even decker would have to laugh at the idea that he is a no. 1 WR.

He would be better served signing for less money and staying in Denver, or going to an offense where he can be a 2nd or 3rd option.

This is as expected, I guess. But even decker would have to laugh at the idea that he is a no. 1 WR.

He would be better served signing for less money and staying in Denver, or going to an offense where he can be a 2nd or 3rd option.

I think he would be best served by getting as much money as possible. This is likely his only chance for a big payday, unless he's better than both of us think. His market value definitely won't get higher by staying in Denver or remaining a #2/3 option somewhere else. All the same doubts would still be there, and he'd be older to boot.

I would not be at all surprised if SJ is not on the roster opening day. Last year he fumbled the one vs Atlanta we all remember probably costing us the game. He also dropped a 3rd down drive killer in the 4th quarter vs the Patsies while we had the lead and had to punt. I think we all remember what happened there. It happened right in front of Coach Marrone and he threw his visor. I'm not so sure Coach Marrone wants to put his coaching career in SJ's hands.

I would be surprised if he wasn't here. I don't want to turn this into a Stevie thread, but I think he is a very good weapon who had a tough year in a number of ways but the defense lost the ATL game, not SJ. I understand being mad he fumbled and Marrone throwing his visor. After that game I wanted him gone too. But he didn't lose the game on his own, IMO. I feel like we know what he can do and consistent QBing will be helpful. I don't think they'll move on, although I do not think he will be the #1 WR in this offense. Edited by YoloinOhio

Eric Decker was an average #2 receiver before Peyton Manning came around. I don't think he's an exceptional talent, and the contract he demands won't be worth what he brings to the passing game.

Personally, I would rather take the chances on hitting a home run with someone like Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin or Kenny Britt.

Eric Decker was an average #2 receiver before Peyton Manning came around. I don't think he's an exceptional talent, and the contract he demands won't be worth what he brings to the passing game.

Personally, I would rather take the chances on hitting a home run with someone like Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin or Kenny Britt.

The only one of these I think is worth a contract is Maclin, but would rather draft one

here is a list of wideouts that have played well against Sherman:

Michael Crabtree is mediocre.

In fairness to Decker, he played well when Tebow was there too. The stats weren't gaudy, but he was solid. It wasn't surprising when he lit it up the past two years. I would expect his stats to drop a little w/o Manning, but I suspect he'd still be a top 20 WR +/-.

Deckers a stud, he made a play or two with tebow's 3 completion per game nonsense.

Would rather have Miles Austin.

Miles Austin's legs are toast i think, will probably spend half the year hurt.

Too much money. It's not worth it. See Mike Wallace.

I've been saying pick up the KC LG in free agency, draft Mike Evans in the first, the second or third TE in the second like Jace Amaro, or ASJ as Ebron will be gone, a middle LB in the third like Shayne Skov or Christian Jones, and a lineman in the 4 th. you can pick up decent guards in the 4th.

Depth with Rds 5th, 6th, and 7th. If our 5 th round guy makes it, we're fortunate. It's so small in terms of hitting on 5th - 7 th rounds.

You know Whaley will find some role players in free agency as well as undrafted free agents.

Sign Byrd, and hopefully we make progress. I finally feel like we might have a really talented team after this off season. We just can't keep on letting our talent go.

Too much money. It's not worth it. See Mike Wallace.

I've been saying pick up the KC LG in free agency, draft Mike Evans in the first, the second or third TE in the second like Jace Amaro, or ASJ as Ebron will be gone, a middle LB in the third like Shayne Skov or Christian Jones, and a lineman in the 4 th. you can pick up decent guards in the 4th.

Depth with Rds 5th, 6th, and 7th. If our 5 th round guy makes it, we're fortunate. It's so small in terms of hitting on 5th - 7 th rounds.

You know Whaley will find some role players in free agency as well as undrafted free agents.

Sign Byrd, and hopefully we make progress. I finally feel like we might have a really talented team after this off season. We just can't keep on letting our talent go.

We don't...this regime (starting with Nix/Whaley) has re-signed the overwhelming majority of UFAs.

I like your general approach to the off-season--we differ on the specific players though. Big receiving target in the first, LB and another big receiving target in the 2nd/3rd, OL in the 4th, get a value guard in FA (and perhaps a tackle as well).

• 1 month later...