FA WR Eric Decker

Tipster19

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling he isn't as good as people think. Having a guy like Peyton Manning throw to him could really inflate his worth. He has always struck me as a middle-of-the-pack type possession WR.

+1. Like a Stevie Johnson.

It seems to me that FA WRs are rarely worth their asking price. I know that most name FAs are overpaid, but in my non-scientific research, the vast majority of WRs seem to not live up anywhere near their contract value. The notable exception in recent years i can think of is Vincent Jackson.

I'd just as soon draft a WR if we're going to upgrade.

Pierre Garcon is also doing very well.

I would love to sign Decker. I think he is a good player and although having Manning certainly helps, he also caught 600 yards worth of balls and 8 TDs from Orton/Tebow the year before.

That said, Whaley said they won't be making any "big splashes" and while Decker isn't a huge signing, he may fall into that category.

I look for Buffalo to take a shot on a lower tier FA WR and then build in the draft. Kenny Britt intrigues me because he is the exact type of WR we are looking for, but he fell completely off the map and they'll have to figure out why. Either way he will probably be cheap so I'd consider taking a shot.

Exactly. And while this might shock some people, in a battle of possession WR's, I would probably take Stevie over Decker. Stevie has more athleticism.

Actually, I think Decker might be the better athlete and he's bigger. I love Decker but his price tag is going to be way too high. Honestly, if you add a wr in the draft, our need at that position isn't that great.

Decker is a solid player, Manning or no Manning, but I don't see him as a difference-maker or someone the opposing D has to scheme for. (As opposed to Demaryius Thomas, who is a beast.) At #3 WR money, I'd want him on my team, but I anticipate him getting more than that. You never really know -- a lot of players found the market wanting last year and signed bargain 1-year deals. If Decker found himself in that boat this year, I'd be all for signing him, but I can't see it happening. If he winds up stuck with a cheapo 1-year contract, he'd be best served trying to sign with the best possible QB to help his numbers for next year. The only way I could see him signing with a team like the Bills (or Jets, Jaguars, etc.) is if they pony up a long-term deal with significant guaranteed money. And count me OUT on wanting to give him that kind of deal.

I think you can overpay for guys like Demaryius Thomas, but not guys like Eric Decker. I guarantee you that some free agent WR who signs a cheap deal this year will put up at least 80% of what Decker does next year. I'd rather try to find that guy, and spend the money on re-signing our own guys or trying to upgrade the O-line. (Or a big-time TE, but I don't think there'll be any available.)

mrs eric decker is a looker

https://images.searc...ie james singer

A pro athlete with a hot wife? What a shock... ;)

Unless the Bills throw a Brinks truck at him (which they won't), I can't see him clamoring to have EJ Manuel throw to him. IMO, he'd probably take less to play with Brady & the Patriots* before even considering the Bills.