Fan Code

cdubya

Been reading the boards here for some time, and finally decided to make an account and start posting. Obviously like all of us I am a huge Bills fan, and I was lucky enough to get free tickets to the Superbowl. Now I normally wouldn't wear a jersey for a team not playing in the game, but I feel almost obligated to wear my Bills jersey. Is that a violation of the "fan code"?

Been reading the boards here for some time, and finally decided to make an account and start posting. Obviously like all of us I am a huge Bills fan, and I was lucky enough to get free tickets to the Superbowl. Now I normally wouldn't wear a jersey for a team not playing in the game, but I feel almost obligated to wear my Bills jersey. Is that a violation of the "fan code"?

Congratulations. Hope being there is worth the presumed hassle we've read about. 90% of the fans there are probably fans of other teams, or don't care about the NFL. (Just getting wined and dined on someones corporate account.) I say wear what you want.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Welcome to the board. Wear what you're comfortable in.

That's actually a really good question. I wore my Bills cap to somebody's home to watch the Eagles/Saints WC game (everyone there but me was from Philly.)

I caught some ****, not shockingly.

I feel like the Super Bowl is a whole different ball game (literally).

The neutral team colors may not apply like they would, say, to the invalid pile of excrement sitting in front of my wife and me wearing his Jaguars jersey at the Dolphins Bills game in December.

How is it a violation? every Bills fan should wear their jersey regardless of whose playing the superbowl.

Of course it's a violation of fan etiquette for even thinking of wearing a Bills jersey to the SB.

However, you can help reverse the curse at OBD by giving away your tickets to another Bills fan... say - ME! :w00t:

Enjoy the game. Dress warm. Let your freak flag fly! :thumbsup:

NOT a violation...in fact, this showing your bills colors behavior is encouraged.

There will be a lot of fans of other teams at the game and I imagine almost every team will be represented so wear your jersey proudly.

yea, itll primarily be broncos and seahawks, but a lot of people simply go to the super bowl as a fun trip and represent their teams. youll stick out a little, but not terribly.

How is it a violation? every Bills fan should wear their jersey regardless of whose playing the superbowl.

I will be wearing my Fred jersey.

I know it's OK because my wife used to wear her Bills jerseys when we went to Seahawks games years ago. And, she's always right!

I wear a Champion 2000 season Bills #7 Flutie jersey, every time I've worn this during the playoffs the Patriots have managed to lose. This jersey is like the holy grail of good fortune. It can only be worn in one meaningful game per year. Since the Bills haven't played one since the final game of 2004 I've had no reason to wear it, other than to jinx the Patriots.