Bills hire Jim Schwartz DC, Todd Downing QB coach

FluffHead

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't see any correlation? ;)

14 years without a playoff appearance, 9 years without a winning season. How many head coaches in that time span? How many different coordinators? GMs?

Every time I see a new head coach get hired, or a new GM, or new coordinators I've always been excited for the following season. The only thing I as a fan have gotten in return is a team that has more losses than wins year after year.

So, to answer your question, no. I don't see any correlation. I probably should, but I don't. I only see the W/L column.

With that said, I still sit my fat ass down in my recliner every Sunday and watch the Bills. Cheer loud and talk about them when I get the opportunity to. I love seeing them get positive national media attention. For some reason I'm not excited about the coming season though. Actually, I'm not looking forward to it.

Edited by Kevin

On a side note, I'm bracing for some fallout from the political upheaval at One Bills Drive. Some frayed egos from what I understand.

GO BILLS!!!

Seriously, what's this about??

So twice in seven years. I'd say we're safe.

This is kind of an interesting trivia question. So, the question is: what head coach was only a coordinator for one year with his prior team?

Edit: would Eric Mangini count? He was DC for NE for only one year before he was hired away to be the jets HC. However, he had a lesser role in NE for a few years before that.

edit 2: Norv Turner was an OC for only a year in San Fran, and the chargers hired him the next year (though he obviously had a ton of prior work).

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

My biggest problem with this hire is that if the Bills do well we'll keep him only for one year. Another rent-a-coach, who will look like a viable HC to some other team.

Well, hopefully, our defense will suck and this won't happen..

Whisenhunt took a team to the Superbowl as an HC.... he only became an OC for a year in between HC gigs

What are you referring to? Inquiring minds want to know. haha. I don't live in Bflo so never hear this stuff.

Yeah, whats all this about then?

Seriously, what's this about??

Didn't mean to overstate it. My apologies. Just heard there was a little consternation in the film room at not being considered for the position. Don't think it's any big deal though. Just some ruffled feathers.

GO BILLS!!!

Didn't mean to overstate it. My apologies. Just heard there was a little consternation in the film room at not being considered for the position. Don't think it's any big deal though. Just some ruffled feathers.

GO BILLS!!!

Ahh thanks for clarifying. The way you put it, I just couldnt figure out who was upset about what. I'm guessing that was Henderson, but you dont have to divulge anything further.

I really don't know why the Bills are trying to emulate the Detroit coaching staff. Really, how counterintuitive is this?

i don't know if i'd call it emulation. i'd like to think of it as grabbing a couple of coaches that doug marrone feels that he can work with and have success with. maybe not the best guys, but hopefully the best fits for the bills. what the hell, it's the offseason and i am optimistic.

i don't know if i'd call it emulation. i'd like to think of it as grabbing a couple of coaches that doug marrone feels that he can work with and have success with. maybe not the best guys, but hopefully the best fits for the bills. what the hell, it's the offseason and i am optimistic.

yep. me too

Maybe Schwartz can give Marrone and Hackett some pointers on how to better utilize Spiller... the Lions ran some sick plays with Reggie Bush this year.

Marrone coached bush for a few years with Sean Payton.... I think he saw a few ideas on how to use him.