Bills hire Jim Schwartz DC, Todd Downing QB coach

FluffHead

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm good, are you good? Cut to commercial... wow

They had to talk about the Sabres! Come on now, priorities! Good grief. Not even any commentary on the presser itself, the guys coming or going.. I give up on those clowns.

did Schwartz omit Byrd on purpose ?

heard him mention Mario, kyle, dareus, gilmore & mckelvin.

I noticed that too. Interesting. Maybe just an oversight, maybe not.

did Schwartz omit Byrd on purpose ?

heard him mention Mario, kyle, dareus, gilmore & mckelvin.

Man I thought the same exact thing when I was listening to the presser , did WGR omit Marrones part of it? Or did I just tune in to late?

I like that Jim said we will be an attacking defense not a read and react one and I also like his attitude I think he has a chippy/cocky attitude to him that lets hope the d plays that way I wouldn't mind at all for our defense to be nasty right on the edge of dirty is fine with me.

How nice of WGR to cut away from the Schwarz Presser. Nice job there! :rolleyes:

Yea the pissed me off man they cut away from it to Talk about ringo star.....seriously?!?!

Edited by Pills -N- Bills

Man I thought the same exact thing when I was listening to the presser , did WGR omit Marrones part of it? Or did I just tune in to late?

I like that Jim said we will be an attacking defense not a read and react one and I also like his attitude I think he has a chippy/cocky attitude to him that lets hope the d plays that way I wouldn't mind at all for our defense to be nasty right on the edge of dirty is fine with me.

Yea the pissed me off man they cut away from to Talk

about ringo star.....seriously?!?!

Highly annoying.

Yes, the Bills have been bad for a long time. But once you start expecting everything to fail you are no longer paying attention to what is happening. You just assume everything is bad whether it is or not.

PTR

wise words from a Tin Can..

His presser... impressions... he is really smart. Combined with a passion for football. Maybe arrogant or just very confident. Made a point to say he was a different guy than Pettine. Declined to put a label on his defense and said they would attack and put players in position to make plays. Opponent-specific defense. Re-watched where he talked about the secondary. Surprised he didn't mention Byrd. He is very well-spoken. Spoke "long-term." He said there would be a reason behind whatever they decide to keep or change. I counted zero "obviously"s from Schwartzy. 75 from Marrone. lol.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not surprised that he didn't mention Byrd. As of this point, Byrd is not on the Bills' roster. As some of the decision for Byrd remaining with the Bills will be determined by Byrd himself, I would think that Schwartz has to assume that he will not be on the team. To mention him would have diverted the focus onto the whole re-sign/tag/let go issue.

I'm not surprised that he didn't mention Byrd. As of this point, Byrd is not on the Bills' roster. As some of the decision for Byrd remaining with the Bills will be determined by Byrd himself, I would think that Schwartz has to assume that he will not be on the team. To mention him would have diverted the focus onto the whole re-sign/tag/let go issue.

Could be... after I re-watched that part I felt like because he is so articulate and careful with what he says, it didn't seem as if he just "forgot" him. He purposely did not say his name, likely for the reasons you mentioned.

Did this seem uncomfortable to any one else ?

attention to detail ?

Is a trademark of Jim's , along with being prepared and having his players ready mentally

John Murphy 1:1 interview with Schwartz tonight

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/The-John-Murphy-Show-January-27/e1ddbe96-e8e2-4d95-84cc-80aa97b72e4a

attention to detail ?

Is a trademark of Jim's , along with being prepared and having his players ready mentally

attention to detail ?

So Whaley mentioned last week that they were very close to making Byrd his offer... maybe it is not going to be the offer he wants? And then they will trade or tag him?

John Murphy 1:1 interview with Schwartz tonight

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/The-John-Murphy-Show-January-27/e1ddbe96-e8e2-4d95-84cc-80aa97b72e4a

So Whaley mentioned last week that they were very close to making Byrd his offer... maybe it is not going to be the offer he wants? And then they will trade or tag him?

Well he's out with a back injury .

lets have the doctors look at him .

Thanks for the info with Murph. should be more comfortable