Bills hire Jim Schwartz DC, Todd Downing QB coach

FluffHead

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skov is a very good player--just not the style I'm looking for as he's very similar to Kiko.

I'd like a bigger run-stuffing LB as a compliment to Kiko...we could do far worse than Skov as a LB prospect though...

Hmm. I wouldn't compare Skov to Kiko. In fact, I'd describe him as a run-stuffing LB who would nicely compliment Kiko. I don't think Skov will be able to regularly drop into coverage in the NFL...

I agree with what others have said about a "change" from a 3-4 to a 4-3..... it's not really a change at all. We did play some 3 man fronts in 2013 but it was still a lot of 4 man fronts... I'd expect Schwartz to lobby hard for a big run stuffing MLB in the draft.

snapback.pngthebandit27, on 25 January 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Skov is a very good player--just not the style I'm looking for as he's very similar to Kiko.

I'd like a bigger run-stuffing LB as a compliment to Kiko...we could do far worse than Skov as a LB prospect though...

Hmm. I wouldn't compare Skov to Kiko. In fact, I'd describe him as a run-stuffing LB who would nicely compliment Kiko. I don't think Skov will be able to regularly drop into coverage in the NFL...

Goldilocks is 6'2" and 238 lbs. and some around here think he's light. He's got a big butt and great wheels to motor around on.

Most of the top MLBs in this year's draft class are smaller than he is.

CJ Mosley 6'2" 232 (likely our pick because we need more guys with the middle initial of "J".

Shayne Skove 6'3" 242 Alabama

Yawin Smallwood 6'2" 235 Connecticut

Chris Borland 5'11" 242 Wisconsin

Andrew Jackson 6'1" 262 W Kentucky

Max Bullough 6'2" 252 Michigan State

Preston Brown 6'2" 255 Louisville

Did the Saints ever really utilise Bush properly? I think Miami and Detroit both did better jobs with him to be honest.

On a week in and week out basis they both used him as a feature back which worked, but as far as play design and a lot of the game plans that did center on bush I can't say the saints were clueless either as he had some great days and did a lot of the things people are calling for spiller to do

So let me get this straight, we lined up Mario, Kyle, Dareus and Branch on run downs, and replaced Branch with Jerry Hughes on passing downs where 99% of the time he lined up on the LOS and rushed the passer at the snap like a bat outta hell. We started and played three LBs almost every play, except when we played two with an extra DB, including Kiko in the middle, usually Lawson and either Moats or Bradham on the other OLB positions, but we're a 3-4 and OMG we're screwed with a 4-3 guy coming in?

:wallbash:

Yep.

I mentioned it early on in this thread too :)

And I can't recall a down where there were less than 2 DT's on the field.

Well explained!

I can't believe people are glossing over this. I am a huge fan of hiring ex hc for coordinator positions. Add in the fact that his record of success as a do is so convincing I don't know why people aren't happier.

It could easily be argues that his track record is better than pettines as a dc. The bills had a plan in place and executed it quickly. They also hired a guy with a successful background instead of taking a chance on an inexperienced guy like they have so many times before.

I'm very happy this is the guy they got and don't understand how anyone is upset by this move.

Couldnt have said it better myself

CBF

Name was a hell of a good player. If i remember correctly the pronunciation was "Nam aye."

Yes. He was everywhere, played both sides of the ball too!.

He's eclipsed by the NHL greatest goal scorer of all time though - H. Shutzie.

Nearly every game you watch you will hear...

He Shutzie scores!!!