Bills hire Jim Schwartz DC, Todd Downing QB coach

FluffHead

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when Schwartz became the DC at Tenn, did he follow Greg Williams who came to Buffalo? Kind of ironic.

He did. When he was interviewed Monday night by John Murphy, he mentioned this and that GW spoke highly of the organization to him and that he still wears his "red and blue." I take that with the grain of salt, but who knows.

He did. When he was interviewed Monday night by John Murphy, he mentioned this and that GW spoke highly of the organization to him and that he still wears his "red and blue." I take that with the grain of salt, but who knows.

Don't believe it at all, though he may remind people that he was a head coach once upon a time and we happen to be the spot.

Greggggg has to do penance for his past sins in the NFL/New Orleans scandal. What better place than Buffalo where the fans derided him and his time as HC. Make him the LB coach of maybe Defense Assistant coach.

I thought he is back in the league?

You are right: According to Wikipedia, "After the NFL reinstated Williams, it was announced of February 7, 2013 that the Titans hired him as a senior assistant coach for its defense."

However, wasn't the whole Titans staff just replaced? So he may very well be out of a job, unless Horton retained him.

You are right: According to Wikipedia, "After the NFL reinstated Williams, it was announced of February 7, 2013 that the Titans hired him as a senior assistant coach for its defense."

However, wasn't the whole Titans staff just replaced? So he may very well be out of a job, unless Horton retained him.

i have no idea his current status, but if i recall correctly (and this is just off memory) his position was 100% film room and game planning and separate from the locker room/players.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 3m

From @mortreport: Rams plan to hire Gregg Williams as their defensive coordinator to replace Tim Walton.

That was weird. His ears must have been burning. Anyway, makes all the sense he would be hired by Fisher. What happened to Walton? Their defense was great last year, I thought.

Edit: Oh. Walton got fired. ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 8m

Tim Walton out as Rams defensive coordinator http://wp.me/p14QSB-9oVv

b058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normal.jpegIan Rapoport@RapSheet 2m
    Jeff Fisher took over midway through RT @STLouisRams: The #Rams have relieved Tim Walton from his defensive coordinator position.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Fwiw, there's a good bleacher report career narrative story on Schwartz out there.

Since we can link BR here, google "Jim Schwartz: Utilizing the Analytical Mind of a Detroit Lions Revolutionary"

Seems crazy that people aren't excited about the possibilities with our D next year...

Seems crazy that people aren't excited about the possibilities with our D next year...

Give em time. They haven't gotten over the kicked in the nuts feeling from Pettine leaving yet,

Come camp, or even OTAs, the general feeling will be excitement over how dominant this defense is going to be. You know, like last summer.

Fwiw, there's a good bleacher report career narrative story on Schwartz out there.

Since we can link BR here, google "Jim Schwartz: Utilizing the Analytical Mind of a Detroit Lions Revolutionary"

I'll admit I knew very little about Schwartz before he was hired. After listening to him speak several times and learning about his past, he's a very, very smart guy. I wouldn't have imagined that.

I agree with the poster, however, who said if we don't have a top ten defense next year, he will have failed somewhat as a coach. Of course, either top 10 in total defense, or top 10 scoring defense qualify IMO.

I'll admit I knew very little about Schwartz before he was hired. After listening to him speak several times and learning about his past, he's a very, very smart guy. I wouldn't have imagined that.

I agree with the poster, however, who said if we don't have a top ten defense next year, he will have failed somewhat as a coach. Of course, either top 10 in total defense, or top 10 scoring defense qualify IMO.

I thought he was talking about Pettine when he said that (he would have failed if we didn't have one last year). Either way, yes.