Bills hire Jim Schwartz DC, Todd Downing QB coach

FluffHead

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be ideal... except he said "the last couple years" - hopefully he meant just this past year.

I know what you mean. I think that Schwartz should look at what Wanny did anyways. Wanny provided a lot of film on what clearly doesn't work in the NFL when running a 4-3. Given Schwartz's 4-3 mentality, it may shock him out of certain illusions pertaining to his own scheme.

Upgrading the personnel, specifically LB, will also help the defense improve. I'm thinking LB has to be one of the top 2 picks, and I'd love it if they could trade down again and get an additional 2nd rounder.

Upgrading the personnel, specifically LB, will also help the defense improve. I'm thinking LB has to be one of the top 2 picks, and I'd love it if they could trade down again and get an additional 2nd rounder.

i havent looked hard at this but i know ive seen it mentioned in an article or two about schwartz and the fact that he tends not to invest heavily in his LBs. Im sure it goes hand in hand with having to spend premium picks and dollars on the actual dlineman to get the pressure hes scheme requires from them.

that said, and as the theme of this page of the thread covers, who knows what he will do here.

i havent looked hard at this but i know ive seen it mentioned in an article or two about schwartz and the fact that he tends not to invest heavily in his LBs. Im sure it goes hand in hand with having to spend premium picks and dollars on the actual dlineman to get the pressure hes scheme requires from them.

that said, and as the theme of this page of the thread covers, who knows what he will do here.

Well, he's got the DL. And the secondary (either with or without Byrd, who can be tagged). Next step is LB.

I know what you mean. I think that Schwartz should look at what Wanny did anyways. Wanny provided a lot of film on what clearly doesn't work in the NFL when running a 4-3. Given Schwartz's 4-3 mentality, it may shock him out of certain illusions pertaining to his own scheme.

Ah - good point. Shwartz being a film geek, he has probably already watched the monstrosity of 2012.

Well, he's got the DL. And the secondary (either with or without Byrd, who can be tagged). Next step is LB.

or devote premium resources to the offense and making sure our QB has the best shot at working out, as a possibility of course, and plug some guys that can get by at LB while tagging byrd.

i wouldnt be shocked to see the top 3 picks all be on that side of the ball, depending on how things fall. WR, TE, OG for instance. get a solid, but not spectacular vet (like the branch and lawson signings) to add to the D unit and count he and byrd as your gifts to that side of the ball.

or devote premium resources to the offense and making sure our QB has the best shot at working out, as a possibility of course, and plug some guys that can get by at LB while tagging byrd.

i wouldnt be shocked to see the top 3 picks all be on that side of the ball, depending on how things fall. WR, TE, OG for instance. get a solid, but not spectacular vet (like the branch and lawson signings) to add to the D unit and count he and byrd as your gifts to that side of the ball.

I'm of the opinion that they should tag Byrd (and try and trade him for a high pick), fix the OL through FA, and go LB, TE, and WR early in the draft. Again if they can trade down in round 1 and pick up an extra 2nd rounder, that would be great.

I'm of the opinion that they should tag Byrd (and try and trade him for a high pick), fix the OL through FA, and go LB, TE, and WR early in the draft. Again if they can trade down in round 1 and pick up an extra 2nd rounder, that would be great.

If they want to win this year they should not trade him, let him play the season out. At least I will know the Bills are serious about winning instead of rebuilding if they let him play the tag out. Assuming we get a couple players this draft there will be plenty of picks next year to find a free safety assuming meeks/williams don't step up.

Trade down will be nice, but I think with this talented of a draft we may not trade chart value. Which is okay given the talent available, but some folks may be upset.