DC candidates

I know that Pettine is being discussed in other places but thought that it would be prudent to start a thread on the candidates to replace him if he indeed goes. Schefter & Mort are both saying that he is the favorite.

I will throw a few names off the top of my head. Please add anyone that you guys can think of:

-Donnie Henderson

-Perry Fewell

-Gregg Williams (an idiot but he plays that attacking style)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade Phillips.

He's alreAdy stated that he would return to "any team" that he used to work for.

It would all come down to the facts of Russ is truly running the team or of Ralph is. If Ralph still has a say, then his fridge won't allow it. If Russ is, there's no better defensive coaching coordinator available.

Wade Phillips.

He's alreAdy stated that he would return to "any team" that he used to work for.

It would all come down to the facts of Russ is truly running the team or of Ralph is. If Ralph still has a say, then his fridge won't allow it. If Russ is, there's no better defensive coaching coordinator available.

Totally forgot about Wade!! He would be my 1st choice.

Totally forgot about Wade!! He would be my 1st choice.

Didn't Wade make Mario move to OLB in the one season he played in that defense. I thought Mario did not like that. Phillips requires a big wide bodied Nose Tackle to make his defense successful. We do not have a Mt.Washington on this roster.

Didn't Wade make Mario move to OLB in the one season he played in that defense. I thought Mario did not like that. Phillips requires a big wide bodied Nose Tackle to make his defense successful. We do not have a Mt.Washington on this roster.

Mario was actually flourishing under Wade before he suffered a torn pectoral muscle that put him out for that season.

Wade would be great but I would be shocked if he returned. I do get the impression the Bills have someone in mind though

I never understood the love Fewell gets from this board

Edited by Max997

At this late of a date, would be shocked if it's not an internal name as bringing in someone else they will want to change up scheme assistants ,etc. Plus that's kind of the method that most teams utilize, assistants get promoted to DC and O,once the present ones leave to become a head coach and everyone else moves up one chair.

It will be someone internally. I think either Donnie Henderson or Jim Oneil. Anthony Weaver maybe a dark horse. But, Donnie has done it before. Also, depends on who he takes with him...

It would be the best if Pettine just wakes up tomorrow and says F it. Im staying in the B LO, start what I finished.

I'd give one of our assistants a shot for a year and see how it goes. Keep the scheme, the players like it. The fans like it (the fans that enjoy sacks and pressure). Can't hurt. If EJ is our QB, we're at least a year away from the playoffs (unless a miracle happens), why not give them a chance. Keep the same D and hope the chosen DC was in the head of pettine and soaked up enough knowledge of the system to run it.