Richard Sherman post game -- 'nuff said!

cage

im aware it comes with connotations, and generally try to avoid the term myself to stay out away from those extra implications. i also dont think that everyone that uses it intends to associate all of that (im sure i have simply as its a commonly used term thats quick), but another talk for another thread (and likely a different board).

i think the term classless, or as others have used boorish, serves plenty well in this situation, just like it would in the others you mentioned (as opposed to "silly"). what he did was unneeded, and uncalled for regardless of race. is it the end of the world? no, of course not - but its still not something thats needed or adds to my enjoyment of the game. i get that some players thrive on it, but i dont generally like it as a fan and the fans that LOVE it tend to be the ones that drive me the most crazy (not directed at any individual personally in this talk)

Fair enough.

I understand where you're coming from.

Too much irony. Please re-phrase.

lol. :thumbsup:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an absolutely fair opinion. We can have a conversation about that and yet respectively disagree to a point.

My entire prior post dealing with the "thugish" comment addressed an underlying feeling many have with Sherman, which only fuels the vitriol over Sherman's actions. That specific conversation is unwarranted.

I understand the point you're making.

The other thing that bothers me in how people are describing this is that you either have to have a boring interview or a Sherman one. Such a false choice.

People can be honest and interesting without being boring or an A-hole. The extremes are just dumbing down the conversation.

Sherman is clownish but I don't see the harm. Like others have said, at worst it amounts to WWE tomfoolery.

As for those who claim he was beaten on the play, Crabtree only attained separation after pushing Sherman off. Still, he was able to recover and make an outstanding play.

I though Sherman acted the part of sore winner.

I have no respect for players like that.

If this is th elikes of WWF tom foolery then no wonder i depsised it. Anyone who watches WWF wrestling is a fool

Edited by shibuya

What does it say when my 9 year old is more mature than an adult? My son watched the video and said, "wow, he's a really poor winner."

Hahah. I hear ya. Isn't that the entire NFL now? Every tackle is a celebration. Every first down is a pose. Allen from the chargers was pointing at his name after scoring a TD, despite being down two scores. It's silly. But it's not going to change anytime soon. The NFL is just a microcosm of American society as a whole.

Not sure if this was posted already but Sherman wrote a little op-ed:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

BOOM!

MJ and Tiger were pretty good back in their prime. Don't remember either of them feeling compelled to say so in front of a camera. Those two aren't exactly humble either.

Mj was infamous for running his mouth. Apparently you missed the entire best on earth best on Mars Nike campaign?

As for those of you pining about the good old days when players didn't act like this I will present to you Deion Sanders. Neon deon, prime time, the all time showboat. His career started in the 80s!

How about Tom Brady? Remember when he ran up to the steelers safety and ran his mouth after scoring a td? He had to run 40 yards to do it!

Sherman was emotional and ran his mouth. BFD. He was awfully composed at the desk after getting a few minutes to cool off. How many coaches press conferences have you seen them blow up in?

Talking trash in sports is not new and it sit going anywhere.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

BOOM!

but why is a "BOOM!" needed today? his team won and hes going to the super bowl and hes busy having to defend his nonsense instead of enjoying the moment or focusing at the task at hand. even if it is a "BOOM!" i think its silly to be lobbing grenades today.

Mj was infamous for running his mouth. Apparently you missed the entire best on earth best on Mars Nike campaign?

As for those of you pining about the good old days when players didn't act like this I will present to you Deion Sanders. Neon deon, prime time, the all time showboat. His career started in the 80s!

How about Tom Brady? Remember when he ran up to the steelers safety and ran his mouth after scoring a td? He had to run 40 yards to do it!

Sherman was emotional and ran his mouth. BFD. He was awfully composed at the desk after getting a few minutes to cool off. How many coaches press conferences have you seen them blow up in?

Talking trash in sports is not new and it sit going anywhere.

And Deion was a douche for it.

This isn't about trash talking. You've completely missed the point.

http://mmqb.si.com/2...chael-crabtree/

BOOM!

This sounds like elementary school playground talk.

Not sure how that could have been better defended. Sherman was pushed, recovered, and sealed the game. If the pass were longer, it may have been a catch, but only because of the push. Not saying there should have been a flag, but the push definitely changed Sherman's position.