Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettine had better set a deadline on these guys or he is starting to look the part of a fool. If he interviews three times and then patiently waits until after the SuperBowl to not get the job that is weak. He needs to force their hand.

I agree. At some point (I think it's today after his 3rd interview), Pettine needs to tell Browns, it's go or no go. You are right, he start to look desperate and plays the part of a fool, especially with these new rumors that Browns are talking to McDaniels again.

Pettine's resume has shown that he is deserving of a head coaching job for his on-the-field production. But the biggest driving factor behind him getting this job could be that he actually wants the job. Many believe that Pettine's interview process was just a practice run for future head coaching offers, but sources close to the coach claim that he wants the job "BADLY ". For a franchise that fired Chudzinkski, a rookie head coach, local homegrown hero and lifelong Browns fan himself only one year into the job, finding someone who actually wants the job may have proven to be more difficult than finding someone qualified.

http://factoryofsadn...ke_pettine.html

If Pettine does leave, who would replace him ? He would likely take some assistants with him.

Edited by ALF

I find it odd that a lot of people saying he can't pass argue in the same breath that he has to be confident enough to know he can overcome the stacked deck in Cleveland but insecure enough that he has to worry he will never get another chance.

Edited by NoSaint

So if I hear correctly, the Seattle D-coord is interested in the Browns and they are interested in him... right?!? That would be pretty short sighted of an organization to NOT hire a guy because of Super Bowl timing.

Pettine's resume has shown that he is deserving of a head coaching job for his on-the-field production. But the biggest driving factor behind him getting this job could be that he actually wants the job. Many believe that Pettine's interview process was just a practice run for future head coaching offers, but sources close to the coach claim that he wants the job "BADLY ". For a franchise that fired Chudzinkski, a rookie head coach, local homegrown hero and lifelong Browns fan himself only one year into the job, finding someone who actually wants the job may have proven to be more difficult than finding someone qualified.

http://factoryofsadn...ke_pettine.html

If Pettine does leave, who would replace him ? He would likely take some assistants with him.

As far as the taking assistants with him, if they are under contract, the Bills can prevent this, correct?

Conflicting reports.

In a sudden twist it is now being reported that he had a grapefruit

CBF

I can't stand this speculation. Is it bacon or grapefruit?? Do you have a link?? I actually heard Pettine won't know what he'll have for breakfast this morning until the end of the business day.

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot 12m

#Browns spokesman tells http://cleveland.com that a decision has not been made yet on HC. May or may not come today.

In other news.... can we trade Tim Graham from the Buffalo News and a late-round beat reporter in 2015 to the Clowns for Mary Kay Cabot from the Cleveland Plain Dealer?

Edited by YoloinOhio

#Browns spokesman tells http://cleveland.com that a decision has not been made yet on HC. May or may not come today.

If I'm Mike Pettine it's time to move on! He has to be thinking that way. If they haven't hired him yet it is a bad sign. They are not sure, and are looking around and hoping for something else. I can't think of a situation like this that has worked out for a coach. Pettine needs to remember this is not the last job in the world. He needs to believe in the law of continuous opportunity. Withdraw, come back and have a good year, and learn from the experience.

I find it odd that a lot of people saying he can't pass argue in the same breath that he has to be confident enough to know he can overcome the stacked deck in Cleveland but insecure enough that he has to worry he will never get another chance.

Not exactly.

Im not saying he has to be confident. I'm saying he IS confident enough. That means he sees things a lot differently than fans and people from the outside.

It's really a no risk situation for him. Worst case scenario browns continue to be a disaster and it gets mostly blamed on the ownership.

In other news.... can we trade Tim Graham from the Buffalo News and a late-round beat reporter in 2015 to the Clowns for Mary Kay Cabot from the Cleveland Plain Dealer?

I occasioned to run across Mary Kay in my AP days...she's an outstanding correspondent and writer. Also a very good interviewer...we should be so lucky.

I occasioned to run across Mary Kay in my AP days...she's an outstanding correspondent and writer. Also a very good interviewer...we should be so lucky.

I know, I live in Columbus, we love her. TG on the other hand, I could do without.

Not exactly.

Im not saying he has to be confident. I'm saying he IS confident enough. That means he sees things a lot differently than fans and people from the outside.

It's really a no risk situation for him. Worst case scenario browns continue to be a disaster and it gets mostly blamed on the ownership.

Based on what I have heard, thew FO could be done next year and Haslam will get rid of Banner and Lombardi. Either way, I think the coach is looked at as a victim in this organization.

A late round pick? I'd be willing to combine the Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams trades for that upgrade.